July 2017 Roll Call

Options
itladyee
itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
Hello (echo echo echo),
I see a little activity but not much. Just looking for support and the ability to support others on this journey and trying to see who is still active (or willing to be in this group).

I'm ITLadyee aka Charissa. I've been a member of MFP for a while, logging in intermittently and logging food religiously for a week and then disappearing to resurrect in another 2 or 3 weeks. Hopefully, you get the picture.

So now I'm back and I have logged in consistently for over 30 days and logged my food and exercise for over 2 weeks straight. I'm feeling the commitment :)

Stats:
SW 6/18/2017 - 225
CW 6/28/2017- 220
GW TBD - Goal # 1 199
GW TBD - Goal # 2 175 (then I recalibrate!)

ANxious to see who is still around!

Replies

• bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like the (echo, echo, echo) above!! LOL. I'm still around. Dropped off late last year when I hit a plateau, put on 17 pounds, and got back on in January. I've been pretty consistent so far this year. I've lost those 17 pounds plus 8 more! I eat within my calorie limit and work out like a fiend, but at age 52 (almost 53) it's slow going. Still chugging away though. We can do it, it just might take longer. But we'll get there if we stay dedicated and focused!
  • itladyee
    Options
    I like the (echo, echo, echo) above!! LOL. I'm still around. Dropped off late last year when I hit a plateau, put on 17 pounds, and got back on in January. I've been pretty consistent so far this year. I've lost those 17 pounds plus 8 more! I eat within my calorie limit and work out like a fiend, but at age 52 (almost 53) it's slow going. Still chugging away though. We can do it, it just might take longer. But we'll get there if we stay dedicated and focused!

Plateaus are nasty! Nice to see that you over came and then some. I remember when I could drop 10 lbs in a heart beat. Now it takes so much time and effort...and what ever you do...Don't STOP! Bad things happen!

Glad to "hear" a voice in this group!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! This group is a little quiet :)

I have been consistent with my logging for 1475 days, haven't lost any weight in a while. I have been thinking about resetting my start weight, maybe that will motivate me to get focused.

SW - 244
    GW - 144/154
    made it to 148, didn't like how I looked so I hoped to be around 152-155
    CW - 168

I have been strength training lately so I really need to step away from the scale - it's HARD to do. But, I am focused on getting back to a 4/2 and not a 4/6 ;)
  • itladyee
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I'm still here! This group is a little quiet :)

I have been consistent with my logging for 1475 days, haven't lost any weight in a while. I have been thinking about resetting my start weight, maybe that will motivate me to get focused.

SW - 244
    GW - 144/154
    made it to 148, didn't like how I looked so I hoped to be around 152-155
    CW - 168

I have been strength training lately so I really need to step away from the scale - it's HARD to do. But, I am focused on getting back to a 4/2 and not a 4/6 ;)

Wow! Congratulations, you have done extremely well! How long did it take to lose the weight and what was your plan? I really appreciate you saying you made it to 148 but didn't like it.. That's why I don't have a final goal at this time. A number is just a number, I want to get to a place where I look and feel good and health is in order!

Thanks for chimming in!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    What was my plan . . . well I guess I had several. I started with just taking a real look at what I was eating and looked to make changes I felt I could live with forever - like no cheese on sandwiches/burgers, no mayo, I did cut out pasta and rice (1/2 serving was never going to work) things I would put over rice I put over greens, spinach or mixed greens.

I never did low fat or sugar free, no substitutes. I either managed with a measured serving or without. I never gave up my coffee with cream, fried foods, bacon, etc, I learned how to manage serving sizes and calories. Food scale is a must. Pre-logging is amazing when it comes to this, you can see how many calories you are planning to eat and adjust from there to make sure you are satisfied for the day and if you have a day that is way over, work it out over the next few days. I had to learn a great deal about why I eat the way I did and find new ways to distract myself from it. When I had a urge to snack I would set a time for it or make myself do a small task before I could have it. I also always ate on a dish, never out of the pack and once my plate was made I put the extras away before eating . . . its so easy to have another fork or two while putting food away.

There were/are so my tricks I played with myself to take the focus off food and find a way to balance it. Some worked, some didn't I figured this was all about me so whatever I needed to try was no loss either way.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group today, so happy to add my voice :)

Stats:
    HW: 179
    CW: 156.8
    GWR: 125-129
  • itladyee
    Options
    brittdee88,
    Nice job on your progress!

Adc7225
    Thanks for sharing your tricks. I've been pre-logging as well. It's like magic and it takes away those questions (and ability to make poor choices at the last minute)! Portion control is my problem and for now...during my weight loss journey, I am simply choosing not to eat certain things.

All ladies, feel free to friend me as this group is not very active. I make random (sometimes nonsense post on my activity feed)...

Have a productive Friday!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I agree! Pre-logging can be very helpful. Regarding your post from above, I feel that I place to much emphasis on the number on the scale. I feel that I'm a good size now, but the number on the scale messes with my head. I know a portion of it is muscle from lifting weights and jogging, but I still see that number flash on the scale and think...'grrr...gotta work more'!!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, itladyee!
    Also, feel free to friend me as well, ladies.
    Bj, I can completely relate to lifting weights and gaining. When I get heavy into training, I really have to weigh less frequently or it messes with me psychologically. Last time I got really toned and trim, I just stopped weighing altogether and went with clothing sizes instead. I personally think inches lost is more important than weight when you're replacing fat with muscle.
  • Debechild
    Debechild Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am back. Gone for about a year when I tore my meniscus. Since then I have been trying to get motivated to do this again. Join a weight management program mainly to work on my mind. So far it's working out good. I am giving up trying to run and now walking more. Not much killer workouts. Just walking catching Pokemon and Zumba. I am more focused on food and my relationship with it. Biggest thing is portion control and listening to my body to know I am full, putting the fork down when I am full. I am also trying to be present and conscious during my meals, eating slowly tasting my food and giving my body a chance to get the I am full signal. I don't beat myself up when I go over or fall off for days. I just begin again. I've got 2 choices,. Give up stay fat or get back to it and try to do better. No depriving myself. I try to keep it healthy but have what I like in very small portions. Savor it and move on. My stats:

SW 225 on May 15th
    CW 208
    Short term goal: 198 by August 1 2017
    Long term goal: 148- 150
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I love your mindset around eating and being attuned with your body. That is my ultimate aspiration. I'm trying to build the slower eating habit now to help facilitate that. I am used o eating on the go and can put away a meal in 5 minutes. Now I am trying to make sure I take at least 25 minutes, and I'm averaging 30-40 right now. I hope to eventually get to an hour. I feel like the more leisurely I can make my meal, the better I am at knowing when to stop and not viewing hunger as the emergency that I must squash in the shortest time possible.

Does anyone ever run challenges in this group? I would love to do one with you ladies!
  • itladyee
    Options
    I agree! Pre-logging can be very helpful. Regarding your post from above, I feel that I place to much emphasis on the number on the scale. I feel that I'm a good size now, but the number on the scale messes with my head. I know a portion of it is muscle from lifting weights and jogging, but I still see that number flash on the scale and think...'grrr...gotta work more'!!

Also guilty of the number on the scale self-inflicted crisis! But, additionally, it doesn't allow (well normally) me to stray to far. If I'm in the right mindset and that scale number keeps growing (I'll give myself a range)...that's my trigger to ACT NOW!! :smiley:
  • itladyee
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, itladyee!
    Also, feel free to friend me as well, ladies.
    Bj, I can completely relate to lifting weights and gaining. When I get heavy into training, I really have to weigh less frequently or it messes with me psychologically. Last time I got really toned and trim, I just stopped weighing altogether and went with clothing sizes instead. I personally think inches lost is more important than weight when you're replacing fat with muscle.

Once I get down to a satisfying and comfortable weight, I'm sure I will weigh less frequently (at least I hope to)!
  • itladyee
    Options
    Debechild wrote: »
    I am back. Gone for about a year when I tore my meniscus. Since then I have been trying to get motivated to do this again. Join a weight management program mainly to work on my mind. So far it's working out good. I am giving up trying to run and now walking more. Not much killer workouts. Just walking catching Pokemon and Zumba. I am more focused on food and my relationship with it. Biggest thing is portion control and listening to my body to know I am full, putting the fork down when I am full. I am also trying to be present and conscious during my meals, eating slowly tasting my food and giving my body a chance to get the I am full signal. I don't beat myself up when I go over or fall off for days. I just begin again. I've got 2 choices,. Give up stay fat or get back to it and try to do better. No depriving myself. I try to keep it healthy but have what I like in very small portions. Savor it and move on. My stats:

SW 225 on May 15th
    CW 208
    Short term goal: 198 by August 1 2017
    Long term goal: 148- 150

Catching Pokemon !! I love it!
    We have similar stats, you've been at it for a month longer than I have so that gives me hope. I kind of feel like I'm stalling already but when I really look at my food choices last week...I deserve what I see. I like your thoughts on the relationship with food and being more in tune. When I'm not eating according to plan I try to determine the why. Yesterday - it was pure boredom. I found myself reaching for snacks cause there wasn't anything better (that I wanted) to do. Finally, I put on the Wii and played tennis. Much better choice :smiley:
  • niabo
    niabo Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey ladies. I typically like to "lurk in the shadows" but I want y'all to know I am a member. Pre-logging is very helpful for me and I'm working on doing that daily. I guess the biggest help for me has been allowing the entire process to fall into place--body, mind, spirit. In the past, I was anxious to quickly lose weight and I'd often forget the other components of weight loss and I'd end up stalling or regaining. I'm more mindful and that's been the key to my current success. I've been consistently losing for 6 months. I'm looking to hit my goal by the end of the year. Good luck everyone, and here are my stats:

SW:207
    CW: 184
    GW (range): 150-155
  • Debechild
    Debechild Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Catching Pokemon !! I love it!
    We have similar stats, you've been at it for a month longer than I have so that gives me hope. I kind of feel like I'm stalling already but when I really look at my food choices last week...I deserve what I see. I like your thoughts on the relationship with food and being more in tune. When I'm not eating according to plan I try to determine the why. Yesterday - it was pure boredom. I found myself reaching for snacks cause there wasn't anything better (that I wanted) to do. Finally, I put on the Wii and played tennis. Much better choice :smiley:
    Yup Pokemon is the best. Boredom is definitely a trigger for me but the biggest is stress. I need to hookup my Wii and do that too. Might even get some Fitbit steps in.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I still have never played the Pokemon thing. I was always concerned about safety! But that is a really cool way to get active and beat boredom.
  • itladyee
    Options
    niabo wrote: »
    Hey ladies. I typically like to "lurk in the shadows" but I want y'all to know I am a member. Pre-logging is very helpful for me and I'm working on doing that daily. I guess the biggest help for me has been allowing the entire process to fall into place--body, mind, spirit. In the past, I was anxious to quickly lose weight and I'd often forget the other components of weight loss and I'd end up stalling or regaining. I'm more mindful and that's been the key to my current success. I've been consistently losing for 6 months. I'm looking to hit my goal by the end of the year. Good luck everyone, and here are my stats:

SW:207
    CW: 184
    GW (range): 150-155

very nice... mind, body and spirit in the same place at the same time! Congrats...for that is a challenge on it's on. Thanks for contributing!

It's hard to not be anxious to lose. We all want to wake up a week later and boom...50, 40, 30 (you name it) pounds gone. What keeps it real for me is to know it didn't come on in a week or even a year. I have a spreadsheet (yep, I'm on of those) that shows my weight gain since around 97. Most years I gained 3 to 5 pounds (doesn't sound like a lot), A couple years were big (8) and then a couple maintained. I don't think (at the end of 12 months) I was ever at a loss...maybe once. But add all those years up (almost 20 * just 5 pounds a year = 100 pounds!!!! Ouch!
  • itladyee
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I still have never played the Pokemon thing. I was always concerned about safety! But that is a really cool way to get active and beat boredom.

No worries about Pokemon. Some people just don't have common sense. It's a fun time waster :smiley: and a way t get some extra steps!
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am still around too (well, haven't been here yet very long! :D)

I have been concentrating on doing C25K and finished today week 4. Week 5 looks scary though with a jump to jogging 20 mins straight -_-.