Crunchy Snacks?

Options
kyubeans
kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
40 days into my low carb lifestyle, and the only thing I'm really craving is crunchy, salty snacks like potato chips. I tried to get those parmesan cheese "crackers" but found them to be incredibly salty and too cheesy. Have you found anything potato-chip equivalent that satisfies the "crunch" craving?

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds and kale chips are the closest things I've found.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bacon, super crispy, wonderful bacon :)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, pork crunch and crispy bacon mmmm
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Nori seaweed, pickles, fat head crackers. Try another flavor or brand of the cheese crisps or make your own blend. Google those and the fat head crackers. I also just put some Himalayan salt on my tongue now when I want a salty snack.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I eat unsalted nuts and raw sesame seeds. If I buy them too "appealing" I might overeat them so I stick with unsalted and/or raw.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Seaweed packets are terrific! Salty and crunchy.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Would definitely say pork rinds - I make homemade ones with loads of different flavours
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Would definitely say pork rinds - I make homemade ones with loads of different flavours

Wow! Would love to make homemade rinds! No time and/or patience- gas station packaged rinds will do for now..
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I get my 'crunch' fix from pistachio nuts.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! It's been a little more challenging for me because I don't enjoy the taste of pork, so no bacon and no pork rinds. But the Fathead crackers is interesting. I'll Google that, and yes maybe I should make my own cheese crisps. Thanks!

Has anyone heard of or tried this brand: Linda's Diet Delites

I'm a little skeptical that 2g net carbs could bring you something that tasted like bagels...

edit: URL
  • Bonny132
    Options
    My local M&S has now got treat packs of pork rind sticks, pork rind crisps, chorizo crisps. Guess I just got to take one for the team and try them all out. Their crispy bacon is amazing.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    My local M&S has now got treat packs of pork rind sticks, pork rind crisps, chorizo crisps. Guess I just got to take one for the team and try them all out. Their crispy bacon is amazing.

No need. I work for them. Trust me, I buy it all by the basketful...
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Guess who's off to Marks & Sparks for some shopping! I love their packages of pork rinds too. So tasty.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey there's also microwaved pepperoni!!

Details please.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I spread it out evenly and nuke it forty seconds at a time, flipping and turning, till its all crunchy! May be best to put a paper towel down first. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yeah, man. That *kitten* is delicious. Sometimes I like to spread a little Laughing Cow cheese on mine.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This may not be good for the induction phase but some Scandinavian crispbread has low net carbs. When I am craving a crunch its my go to solution but you have to add some type of spread to it like cream cheese or butter since they are pretty dry. Remember not all crispbreads are the same so definitely read the package label. Helps move your poo too.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Lori is correct!! microwaved pepperoni: spread on a paper plate in one layer then microwave for one minute. They will be crunchier when cool, but usually don't make it that long, lol!! I dredge them through mayo or an avocado dip!

Will be lots of liquid left on the plate so a paper towel under the pepperoni will help that.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

Yeah, man. That *kitten* is delicious. Sometimes I like to spread a little Laughing Cow cheese on mine.

Yuppers, and I also put some kind of hard cheese like parma, top it with an olive and it is a mini pizza. Make a small plate and it is lunch.