Favorite meals

Options
professor700
professor700 Posts: 78 Member
Hi guys, I am looking for some new throw together recipes. Sometimes you know after having vsg you just grab anything and put it in your mouth several times a day. And as long as it has enough protein it's deemed to be fine. I'm actually just looking for some new throw together combinations that are small but taste pretty good and are pretty quick. What are your favorite throw together meals?

Replies

• arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My fave go to meal is provolone cheese topped with pepperoni and microwaved 30 secs to 1 minute. Quick and easy meal. Tastes like pizza.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    ANY FRUIT and a handful of nuts.
  • professor700
    Options
    Thanks guys!... Aztec and Jeffries I can't see what you guys commented.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I am looking for some new throw together recipes. Sometimes you know after having vsg you just grab anything and put it in your mouth several times a day. And as long as it has enough protein it's deemed to be fine. I'm actually just looking for some new throw together combinations that are small but taste pretty good and are pretty quick. What are your favorite throw together meals?

Quick put together meals are left overs that i put in small freezer containers. Great on the run microwave meal.

I keep hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, john soles chicken, salad in a bag. Tuna packets, bacon, quest bars, quest chips. Cheese, jerkey. Jimmy dean turkey sausage on hand.

Quick meals

Smoked salmon cobb salad
    Deviled eggs
    Chicken fajita no tortilla
    Quest protien chips melted cheese salsa
    Quest protien bar baked on a cookie sheet for warm soft cookies.
    Ground sweet Italian sausage, cheese peperoni.pizza sauce stuffed musrooms
    Crab stuffed mushrooms
    Chilli lime shrimp
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I slow cook alot of meat and veggie dishes, often theres enough to freeze extra for i cant be arsed nights

In the fridge i always have lettuce, chopped chicken, boiled eggs, reduced fat cheese sticks, sliced up watermelon and yogurt pouches (pro-yo are my current fave)
  • professor700
    Options
    Someone was talking about taking hard boiled eggs and mixing them in with some honey mustard some banana peppers and some cherry tomatoes and maybe olives. Does that sound good to anyone? I think I might try it I'll add a little celery to it
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Someone was talking about taking hard boiled eggs and mixing them in with some honey mustard some banana peppers and some cherry tomatoes and maybe olives. Does that sound good to anyone? I think I might try it I'll add a little celery to it
    Eggs prepared in all kinds of ways have been a big staple for me since I had surgery almost 4 years ago. I actually make pickled eggs a lot, for something different to do with hard boiled eggs. Easy, tasty, and high protein.
  • professor700
    Options
    Deli-box sounds good...I might try that today. I've kind of lost to taste for fat for some reason. So right now I'm really enjoying fish and shrimp and vegetables that are steamed and stuff like that. I think I'll put some lemon juice in with your recipe!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @professor700 I LOVE fish and never really added fat to it in terms of butter and oil and stuff but I did find a company called Nuts Over Fish when we were in Maine last summer and they make these amazing nut toppings...total game changer! Last night made cod with some
    Of the cashew topping and we make the salmon with the pistachio topping. I bought the variety pack so I have all of he flavors and just working through them one package at a time! I did also find that if I brush 1/4 tsp of flavored olive oil on my fish and top with the nut toppings or with some herbs/spices that it really enhances the flavor.
  • professor700
    Options
    nuts over fish...I found them on amazon and Im ordering the macadamia! Thanks! Ill let you know how it goes over with the Hubby
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I ordered some Nuts Over Fish too, can't wait to try it! Thanks @jcavanna2 :-)
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @professor700 and @garber6th let me know what you think -- I LOVE this product! Tonight we are having the no sugar added almond topping on top of salmon :)
  • rll22
    rll22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 I think I will be making those deli boxes for when I go back to work from Summer vacation they sound like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the idea!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    - shrimp with homemade reduced sugar cocktail sauce
    - Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of cheese and a poached egg
    - ham/cream cheese/pickle rollups
    - Buffalo chicken salad made with Greek yogurt, Franks and blue cheese crumbles on 34 Degree crackers or with celery dippers

• professor700
    Options
    Angryviking,
    That sounds great! I think I might get some of those MorningStar Farms black bean burgers unless they have a lot of carbs in them
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 - What is your cocktail sauce recipe?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So easy! I take 3 TB of the Heinz Reduced Sugar ketchup, throw in about 1-2 tsp of prepared horseradish (depending on how you like your spicy) and a splash each of lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.