Favorite meals

Options

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @professor700 and @garber6th let me know what you think -- I LOVE this product! Tonight we are having the no sugar added almond topping on top of salmon :)

I got my order, I didn't have any fish but I had some shrimp and I used the almond topping and it was delicious! I used some of the topping on some riced cauliflower and that was really good too!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @garber6th so glad you liked the topping! It's awesome -- I have found that if I brush the fish with some flavored olive oil before topping the fish it makes an awesome meal!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring with food that I eat pretty much the same thing every day during the week and keep my dinners different at night.
    Lately it's been -
    2 boiled egg whites and a string cheese
    Peach w/1/2c of cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Deli Meat, cheese, and pickles
    Watermelon
    Protein Shake
    Tuna Packets
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you're not eating the egg yolk? Most of the vitamins and minerals are in the yolk...
    I'm so boring with food that I eat pretty much the same thing every day during the week and keep my dinners different at night.
    Lately it's been -
    Greek yogurt
    Watermelon
    Protein Shake
    Tuna Packets

• Lizakabibbis
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha - yeah, I just don't like the yolk when boiled. Since it's the easiest thing for me to do for breakfast during the week - I just eat the whites.
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been -
    Greek yogurt
    Watermelon
    Protein Shake
    Tuna Packets

Yea...I find its easy to get bored with food now....I am still doing some orgain or other protein shakes because of this reason. Definitely different than before surgery. On the bright side, Whole Foods will Steam and season any fish or seafood item of your choice for free!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Options
    So if you want some steamed and seasons fish crab shrimp Etc just go to Whole Foods to the seafood case and ask them and they will do it for you and it is amazing amazing amazing! And relatively inexpensive in comparison to going to a restaurant. Today I went in and got some fresh wild halibut with tequila lime season steamed and a pound of steamed shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. Delicious!

I'm definitely going to remember this!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    So if you want some steamed and seasons fish crab shrimp Etc just go to Whole Foods to the seafood case and ask them and they will do it for you and it is amazing amazing amazing! And relatively inexpensive in comparison to going to a restaurant. Today I went in and got some fresh wild halibut with tequila lime season steamed and a pound of steamed shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. Delicious!

I had no idea they would do this, thanks so much for this tip!!
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been into avocado deviled eggs and avocado egg salad. I just use avocado instead of mayo, a bit of mustard, a dash of salt. I also like a bit of garlic powder in there. Yum!
  • professor700
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »

I had no idea they would do this, thanks so much for this tip!!

Yea...it's totally free and you get to choose the seasoning!!
    So. Freakin. Delicious.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I eat all the FAT and skin on the rotisserie chicken. To me it's the best part and fills me up. Breaking free from Calories in Calories out thinking has freed my thinking on food and helped me get to my HEALTHIEST point in my life.
  • professor700
    Options
    Aztec... I still can't see what your writing perhaps you have your settings on MyFitnessPal put to Hitler level
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    I eat all the FAT and skin on the rotisserie chicken. To me it's the best part and fills me up. Breaking free from Calories in Calories out thinking has freed my thinking on food and helped me get to my HEALTHIEST point in my life.

What do you mean exactly by breaking "free" from the CICO thinking?
  • professor700
    Options
    ooooooh......not touching the CICO debate. It not that amusing in the classroom either. Yet students will fight with a minute amount of knowledge as long as you will let them or until the popcorn is gone. The truth is biochemistry doesnt follow the laws of thermodynamics in a uniform way for most people....So to SOME extent, listen to your own body. However, if your own body tells you to eat 10,000 kcal and you only 'use' 2000, you will eventually become morbidly obese, therefore you must use wisdom as well.
  • professor700
    Options
    For me, personally, I find that CICO only counts if I am not eating a low carb high(er) fat diet.