Crunchy Snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Microwaved cheese crisps are great and I swear if you overcook them a little they taste just like Cheeze It's
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I remember eating pepperoni chips as a kid! I loved them! Just a micro-zap those puppies on a paper plate for 20-30 seconds. It's amazing
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    xerogs1 wrote: »
    This may not be good for the induction phase but some Scandinavian crispbread has low net carbs. When I am craving a crunch its my go to solution but you have to add some type of spread to it like cream cheese or butter since they are pretty dry. Remember not all crispbreads are the same so definitely read the package label. Helps move your poo too.

Yes, I used to eat a lot of these:
    finn-crisp.png

Nutritional info:
    FIN-00015-3.jpg

Fat, as you can see, is zero%.

Over to you, people - load that fat on with gay abandon!!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Celery is pretty low net carb and a decent source of potassium (for all it is). And it is crunchy and a great vehicle for fatty dips and cheese/spreads.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Yea, celery and jicama are high fiber, low carb snacking foods.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ok I found something that's working pretty well for me. Lieber's Thin Rice Cakes w/ Sea Salt. Only 4g of carbs per slice, and very satisfyingly crunchy and munchy. I've also used it as a toast-substitute. Today for lunch I had a Lieber's Thin Rice Cake with avocado and cheese and it was delicious.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Sliced radishes
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Make a slice of toast with Ezekiel bread of I want that toast smell and consistency

That bread is pretty awesome. Having a way to have a BLT on toast made me happy!

Or a skillet toasted Swiss and pastrami

I'm thinking that may be dinner!!!
  • spring831
    spring831 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Flackers Flax seed crackers. 1 net carb per 6 crackers and they come in different flavors!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    kyucifer wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions! It's been a little more challenging for me because I don't enjoy the taste of pork, so no bacon and no pork rinds. But the Fathead crackers is interesting. I'll Google that, and yes maybe I should make my own cheese crisps. Thanks!

Has anyone heard of or tried this brand: Linda's Diet Delites

I'm a little skeptical that 2g net carbs could bring you something that tasted like bagels...

edit: URL

My biggest problem with these would be the vegetable oil. That is highly inflammatory. As for the net carbs, I too am skeptical when it just lists "vegetable fiber" as there is a vast array of what that could be. Some of it truly may be indigestible. However, some of what these products claim as fiber will actually be digested and converted to blood sugar.

As for an alternative, I like putting pimento cheese on celery. That way I get the crispy but also get the fat content and better flavor. Other options to put on celery are mascarpone or cream cheese. You have to be careful with brands for both pimento cheese and cream cheese as some have higher carb counts.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    kyucifer wrote: »
    I tried to get those parmesan cheese "crackers" but found them to be incredibly salty and too cheesy.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Parmesan crisps. lol I love parmesean cheese but I'm not a fan of it baked for some reason....too....greesy? I don't know. Hard to explain, but just glad to know it's not only me :tongue:
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I never tried microwaved pepperoni before. I just made some & they are AWESOME!! I've regularly eaten pepperoni straight out of the bag ever since I started Keto at the start of the year -but never thought to microwave it. Good stuff!!
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I make baked kale chips with evoo, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Adjust to taste. I like them slightly browned, so they taste more like potato chips although thinner & crispier rather than crunchy.

Cello Whisps come in both parmesan & cheddar crisps, the latter being a bit less salty.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Celery with cream cheese and sesame seeds? I love crunchy snacks so I'm also looking for some ideas. I have never heard of microwaved pepperoni!
  • caliallie2
    caliallie2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Parmesan cheese wisps!!!!!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    parmesan whisps and pickles are my fotos for crunch!