Non-Scale Daily Victories!

Options
rtogetfit93
rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
Post one thing that you succeeded at today, no matter how small!

These little things accumulate, and even focusing on getting one small thing in a day can make a bigger difference than you think- both for your results, and for your mental attitude towards getting healthy!

Replies

• rtogetfit93
    Options
    Managed to burn off 1,000 calories more than I ate. Didn't stick to 1,200 but didn't blow it like I thought I would before starting properly tomorrow!
  • myrianne93
    myrianne93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Traded off sweet tea and fast food for water and homemade meals for 3 weeks straight. It's been easier but I really want hot wings and tacos.
  • snowboardermom
    snowboardermom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I admire you! I'm trying to quit fast food and trade my junk food snacks for better choices, too. Homemade tacos sound pretty good!! I make them with fat free refried beans.
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    I make homemade tacos and wings and things all the time! It's amazing how you can keep the calories under control if you use less sugary sauces etc., and lower-calorie shells :)
  • myrianne93
    myrianne93 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    That's awesome!! I admire you! I'm trying to quit fast food and trade my junk food snacks for better choices, too. Homemade tacos sound pretty good!! I make them with fat free refried beans.

Thank you! Yes they are and because you get to chose the best ingredients and amounts perfectly, you can get a bigger portion for fewer calories and fat than restaurants.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This morning I woke up and hit the gym even though I really didn't want to. That's an NSV.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    Great streak @myrianne93
    Awesome burn @rtogetfit93
  • rsamuelsgold
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm actually running. I had a personal trainer last year who started each session with the treadmill and I could barely walk at 5km/h. Then I ran on the beach in December but I ran for 30 seconds before stopping and I always felt dead. Chest would tighten, calves pull stiff. But today I jumped into week two of c25k and other than general fatigue I'm great. AND I'm actually running. :) .

NSV...
  • rtogetfit93
    Options
    @rsamuelsgold That's amazing! Keep up the good work! Going from struggling walking to running is a huge, huge achievement and it's so good for your health!
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    Thanks @rtogetfit93
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    I ran for five minutes without stopping. And I wasn't out of breath or sore or anything like that. Oh and my health insurance has an active rewards program where you get free stuff for meeting your weekly fitness goals. The app sets your goal based on how regularly you meet the goal during a week. 3 weeks ago my goal was to get 150 points. Last week it increased to 200 and this week I need to meet 250 points which I'll probably reach tomorrow or Thursday.

That's good.