Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Introduction

rtogetfit93
rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
Just give everyone a little background on yourself- not just to make friends, but also so that when anyone is answering questions or giving advice or help, we know how to help you individually! :)

Replies

• rtogetfit93
    So my introduction: I'm 24, 5ft5, and I'm currently doing the Strong Lifts program, alongside some resistance/cardio on alternating days. Finally getting near to where I want to be!
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm 28. I lost about 16lbs last year and gained most of it back. Now I'm starting over. I'm at a dance school. We're on break right now. I'm also doing C25K, Pop Pilates, and I do the punching bag thing - which I love because it's illegal to punch people.
  • rsamuelsgold
    So my introduction: I'm 24, 5ft5, and I'm currently doing the Strong Lifts program, alongside some resistance/cardio on alternating days. Finally getting near to where I want to be!

@rtogetfit93 is Strong Lifts a weight lifting program?
  • rtogetfit93
    edited July 2017
    @rsamuelsgold Welcome!

Yep, it's about doing compound lifts :) I'm really enjoying it so far- I hadn't really done any heavy lifting before now, so my weights are low enough to begin with, but I'm already up from 10kg on squats/deadlifts/rows to 17.5kg and up from 5kg overhead/bench to 11kg in the two weeks I'm doing the lifts :)
  • rsamuelsgold
    That's great. Well done. In January I did some Pop Pilates videos with 2kg weights (my brother rolls his eyes at my tiny pink dumbbells but they felt like a thousand kgs to me). Then I did 100 burpees every day for a week and the next week those 2kg were nothing. It's amazing how what a difference a week or two can make.
  • rsamuelsgold
    I think I'm going to start the burpee challenge again.
  • rtogetfit93
    Go for it! Burpees are killer but so good for overall fitness and strength. I know what you mean- I started with water bottles when I first got into exercise, it's an amazing feeling to move up!
  • rsamuelsgold
    Wow water bottles to 11kg. That's big.
  • rsamuelsgold
    No more excuses and using what you've got. Sigh.
  • myrianne93
    myrianne93 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2017
    My name is Aumani. I'm 5'3 267lbs mother of one amazing 3 year old. I am a single parent and I WORK A LOT. Most of my meals in the past were fast food and I was a slave to sweet tea, I'm starting to cook more and monitor what I eat while avoiding sugary drinks. I haven't started a work out program just yet... it's slightly intimidating but I'm ready to see a change.
  • phumy_healthyhabits
    phumy_healthyhabits Posts: 19 Member
    I am 35yrs old. I have lost about 25kg so far and i need to loose another 15kg.
    I have been a slave to the scale and this is one habit I've challenged myself to break this July. I am relying on tracking honestly according to MFP and working out. I must say quite refreshing to start your day with zero scale worries.
    I am choosing this way because I'm more concerned about doing it right long term.
  • rtogetfit93
    Welcome everyone!
    @myrianne93 - small changes will add up! Don't worry about an exercise program just yet- you can always add that in later, once you want to give things another boost. Sticking to a deficit diet-wise will do plenty.

@phumyonafitnessjourney - That's a good habit! It's great you're thinking of things long term, too. Scales aren't the be all and end all! Consistent tracking will give you results anyway :)
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 81 Member
    hi all-
    45 y.o. mom to 5 kids, work from home. During the school year I'm at the gym five days a week, take a break in the summer. I need to lose about 50 lbs. My struggle is to be truthful and consistent with logging food

glad to be here!!
  • snowboardermom
    snowboardermom Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello! I'm so glad I found this challenge! I've used MFP for tracking several times before and it worked great when I would stick to it. I've never used the Groups so I hope this will help!! I'm 49, have two amazing sons - one in college and one a HS senior. I work a lot and sit a lot. I want to lose 25 lbs.
  • rtogetfit93
    Welcome! Feel free to add me @stainbackzoo and @snowboardermom (and anyone else, too) if you want a few more friends to keep you on track!
  • Faith777mfp
    Faith777mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, my name is Joyce, I'm 48 and have 50 pounds to lose (10 of which I managed to put on in 2 months after hubby lost his job!!)

I just got my fitness tracker in the mail yesterday and after much effort finally got it to sync last night. It's a Striiv Fusion Lite. I have never used a fitness tracker before so wanted to get a less expensive one first to see how I like it before I "splurge".

I'm am on the second day of the keto diet (my first goal is to stick with the <20 grams per day for 21 days) and my second goal is to get in at least 4,000 steps on the treadmill everyday.

I look forward to getting to know y'all on my journey.
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Hi, I'm 35 years old. I'm a stay at home mom to my 4 years old twins. I want to loose 30 lbs. currently I'm overweight and would like to be at a weight when I felt best. I've been trying to loose weight for years and I keep loosing and gaining back the same 10 lbs. consistency is what I lack.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Stay at home mom; pre diabetic, need to lose 60lbs. Down 22. Need help keeping myself motivated. Hoping I can stick to my plan with the support.
  • rtogetfit93
    Welcome everyone :) add me if you want to!