• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    70.76/100

4 miles golfing this morning.
  • debbieled12
    debbieled12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have started the firm and burn 30. Love this Leslie program.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    July goals
    - 120 miles
    - 15 days over 10,000 steps
    - water, water, water
    - refinish dresser and cupboard.
    - paint new cupboard
    - get my craft room back together

I think it important to not only set goals for our exercise, but also for our projects. My refinishing projects have been waiting way to long and it is time to get them done.

July 16 - 5.58 miles - 12289 steps (7/15)
    July 17 - 4.97 miles - 10939 steps (8/15)
    July 18 - 4.60 miles - 10112 steps (9/15)
    July 19 - 5.79 miles - 12745 steps (10/15)
    July 20 - 7.55 miles - 16610 steps (11/15)
    July 21 - 3.54 miles - 8450 steps
    July 22 - 3.79 miles - 8352 steps

Running total 98.33 miles and 11 days over 10,000 steps

July 23 - 8.46 miles - 18618 steps (12/15)

AND....... have I accomplished any of my three projects listed above! No! But the old greenhouse has been demolished, the area cleaned up. I went to the grandkids swimming lessons a couple days. Doctors appointments. Mowing the lawn (yard) every 4 to 5 days. Weeding gardens , yes gardens! I have a small garden at my yard, but DH needed more potatoes, so more down at our farmyard! Oh yeah, there is grass to cut there too! And trying to get my collection of perennials under control. Oh well, I am keeping busy and keeping food under control, and most definitely drinking my water! And my sore throat is gone but now DH has it and it is hanging onto him like best friends!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options

Hello debbieled12. I have not tried that one. Going to look it up. Welcome to the group.

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    July 3-9 25.56 Miles tracked
    July 10-16 26.6 Miles tracked
    July 17-23 26.67 Miles tracked

Total: 78.83

Up and moving again. We sign the paper for our house last week. :) Lots of stuff to get done so I'm on my feet a lot. Going to try and push myself to the gym everyday for cardio & or weights.
    Watched a documentary last night on Netflix called "What the Health". It brought up some interesting studies that I hadn't heard about before.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    77.00/100

6.24 Miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July 1 - rest day
    July 2 - 1 mile
    July 3 - 2 miles
    July 4 - rest day
    July 5 - 2 miles
    July 6 - 1 mile
    July 7 - 2 miles
    July 8 - 2 miles
    July 11 - 2 miles
    July 12 - 2 miles, strength day
    July 13 - 5 miles
    July 16 Strength day
    July 19 - 2 miles
    July 21 - 3 miles
    July 22 - 1 mile. Strength day today so no much energy left to walk...ha-ha. I did enjoy this mile. Jessica Smith's Walk On 6 Mile Mix. I did mile 6. The workout is done with a stretchy band. I found it intense but fun.
    July 23 - Rest day
    July 24 - 2 miles That stretchy band mile from July 22 is still making it's affect felt in my glutes. Wow.
  • debbieled12
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »

Hello debbieled12. I have not tried that one. Going to look it up. Welcome to the group.

It's great. Do a 30 min walk one day and do a 30 min strenght training the next day.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    July 24: 3.1 miles: 5K With a Twist

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options

This was one of my favorites! Nicely done!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    80.11/100

3.11 miles hiking with grandsons.
  • texasgardnr
    edited July 2017
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »

This was one of my favorites! Nicely done!

@PinkyPan1,

Thank you! It is one of my favorites also. And it is one of the ones that I go to when I just don't feel like I want to do a workout for whatever reason.

Those dizzy angles that the camera films Leslie sometimes in the 5K DVD just amazes me... for lack of better words :laugh:
    I try not to look at the first one they do at such an odd angle, but I always get caught by it :noway: .

It is a fun, fast, and a favorite workout for me,

How nice.... hiking with your grandsons! Good for you :)

• texasgardnr
    Options
    July 24: 2 miles: 5 Day Slim Down: the Classic and the Speed walks.

Walk strong!

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    July goals
    - 120 miles
    - 15 days over 10,000 steps
    - water, water, water
    - refinish dresser and cupboard.
    - paint new cupboard
    - get my craft room back

Running total 98.33 miles and 11 days over 10,000 steps

July 23 - 8.46 miles - 18618 steps (12/15)
    July 24 - 3.44 miles
    July 25 - 5.54 miles - 12190 steps (13/15)

Finally got a golf game in yesterday. Yeah me! Now, grandkids today and heat warnings in the weather B) . So probably hang in the cool basement. We will see how good a four year old and a two year old are at doing Leslie videos :D
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    82.11/100
    2 Mile Walk This Way. It has been months since I did a walk with Leslie. I am going to wait and see how my legs feel tomorrow. No golf :( my DIL needed to borrow my car) now I fear I will not make my 100 miles for the month. But I will go with the flow and see what happens. I am trying compression thigh highs for my leg pain. I started wearing them while I do yoga and I wore them while I walked with Leslie today. It has only been a few days but I feel a little better when my feet hit the floor in the morning. Fingers crossed that these can help me with the pain.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    82.11/100
    2 Mile Walk This Way. It has been months since I did a walk with Leslie. I am going to wait and see how my legs feel tomorrow. No golf :( my DIL needed to borrow my car) now I fear I will not make my 100 miles for the month. But I will go with the flow and see what happens. I am trying compression thigh highs for my leg pain. I started wearing them while I do yoga and I wore them while I walked with Leslie today. It has only been a few days but I feel a little better when my feet hit the floor in the morning. Fingers crossed that these can help me with the pain.

I remember you have a lot of pain when doing Leslie's workouts. Hoping that the socks will make that walk painfree. Let us know hot it goes.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July 1 - rest day
    July 2 - 1 mile
    July 3 - 2 miles
    July 4 - rest day
    July 5 - 2 miles
    July 6 - 1 mile
    July 7 - 2 miles
    July 8 - 2 miles
    July 11 - 2 miles
    July 12 - 2 miles, strength day
    July 13 - 5 miles
    July 16 Strength day
    July 19 - 2 miles
    July 21 - 3 miles
    July 22 - 1 mile. Strength day today so no much energy left to walk...ha-ha. I did enjoy this mile. Jessica Smith's Walk On 6 Mile Mix. I did mile 6. The workout is done with a stretchy band. I found it intense but fun.
    July 23 - Rest day
    July 24 - 2 miles That stretchy band mile from July 22 is still making it's affect felt in my glutes. Wow.
    July 26 - 2 miles
  • texasgardnr
    edited July 2017
    Options
    July 26: 40 minutes: Walk Blasters: Light Walk, Dance Walk twice, Flexibility Walk.

@PinkyPan1, I hope that the compression stockings help keep the pain away. I'm sorry that you couldn't golf today. I also remember also when you had to give up the DVD workouts. Do you think that the grass is more cushioning for your legs when you golf and helps keep away the pain?

@Lilymay2, Awesome numbers of steps. Go you!!

@AnnofB, That Jessica Smith's Walk that you did almost makes me want to get her DVD. It sure does seem like it was an intensely good workout.

Walk Strong,

• debbieled12
    Options
    Jessica Smith workouts are great also. I like to switch them up.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    85.11/100

3 Mile American Heart Assoc Walk.

My legs are achy but that is not new. The stockings seem to help a bit. Until yesterday I had no idea I missed cardio. My legs hurt really bad after golf but while golfing I rarely notice it and I think that is because my adrenaline is pumping and I am in my "happy place." After doing 2 Leslie Miles yesterday I went straight into yoga and I was surprised to find that having warm muscles helped me flow better with the yoga. A pleasant surprise. So I could not wait to get some more cardio in this morning before yoga. LOL

I am suppose to golf Sat. and Sun. I do yoga every morning to help with my chronic pain and stretch these muscles. It has improved my golf swing. I am now hitting 190 yard drives. Woot!

I am going to attempt on non golf days try and walk with Leslie. The last 2 days I have done the videos barefoot and on carpet verses shoes and tile floor. I already notice a big difference. I think stomping on my kitchen floor for many years has not helped.

Thank you ladies for always supporting me!
    Walk strong!