Struggling mom

Options
mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
Hi everyone. I am new to MFP and looking for people to talk me through. I am 29 married and have 2 boys. one is 2 and one is 4. I love the gym. i really do i could spend all day in there. But my husband and i are on different shifts. he will go to the gym while we are all asleep but he leaves for work just 2 hours after i get home. I also love to cook so i want to come home and cook him dinner before he goes to work. We have 1 gym in this town that has a daycare. but that gym is like $40 a week and you still have to pay extra to use the daycare. and if i were to do that i would feel like a horrible mom for picking my kids up from day care just to take them to another day care. I know i have to put me first but that just feels mean.

So i try to work out at home but my kids need to be up my butt all the time. SO when i get on my stationary bike they cry asking when it will be there turn, if i do zumba they are under my feet the whole time and i end up yelling more than dancing. if im on the floor doing crunches or push ups they are climbing on top of me.

I tried to work out after i put them to bed but by that time i am just so exhausted i sit down for a second and fall asleep. Does anyone have any tricks or ideas to help me get a good work out?

Replies

• saraichka
    saraichka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any tricks or ideas, but I wanted to say that it is hard. I'm lucky that I can workout at work, so 3 times a week I get a workout in there. But when I was on maternity leave I tried to workout at home and it was soooo hard. I have a lot of friends who do beach body workouts and just pause it when their kids need something. However, they are stay at home moms (not saying being a stay at home mom isn't hard!) so I think they have a little more flexibility in their day to do that. I have seen some adds on facebook for body boss. I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting to me. It's a book/app with 3 rounds of 7 minutes each with no equipment needed. It may be worth looking into. It looks like jumping, pushups, etc... HIIT type workouts. Maybe you could bribe your kids to sit quietly for 7 minutes at a time, or have them do it with you (SOOOO much easier said than done, I realize). Good luck!!
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    saraichka wrote: »
    I don't really have any tricks or ideas, but I wanted to say that it is hard. I'm lucky that I can workout at work, so 3 times a week I get a workout in there. But when I was on maternity leave I tried to workout at home and it was soooo hard. I have a lot of friends who do beach body workouts and just pause it when their kids need something. However, they are stay at home moms (not saying being a stay at home mom isn't hard!) so I think they have a little more flexibility in their day to do that. I have seen some adds on facebook for body boss. I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting to me. It's a book/app with 3 rounds of 7 minutes each with no equipment needed. It may be worth looking into. It looks like jumping, pushups, etc... HIIT type workouts. Maybe you could bribe your kids to sit quietly for 7 minutes at a time, or have them do it with you (SOOOO much easier said than done, I realize). Good luck!!

lol yes it is so much easier said than done but i am still working on it. i have start getting up on the mornings my husband is home and going for a bike ride before the boys get up. they usually start out working out with me and then it just turns in to them wanting to fight and wrestle around. my work out space isn't big enough for all of that and me to work out. oh yeah stay at home moms do have a hard job. i did it for a year and then my husband did it for 2 years. there is a lot more flexibility in it but it was very stressful for me.