Brats and Keto

Options
2»

Replies

• Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    A brat, 2 slices of bacon, and a handful of cheese all in a low carb wrap.... heavenly
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    yi76ez4tfmax.jpg

Above are brats. Common in the upper midwest of the US, anyway. Oddly enough, I think of them as a 4th of July, Memorial Day kind of thing, since they are lovely at a cookout. Choose between a brat or a polish, around here (nothing to do with eating kids or members of a particular ethnic group).

And yeah, that they fit so easily in my LCHF macros has been a perk. I still don't eat them that often, but occasionally and joyfully.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    So, I just recently rediscovered brats while on keto and to say the least I'm a little obsessed. I love cooking them with some peppers on the stove, mmmMmm. Anyhow, does anyone know if there's anything in particular I should worry about eating them a couple times a week?

Having them tonight. I like to grill them outside and serve with a super grainy mustard (a garlic mustard even, which is even more "beefy"). If I have carbs to "spend", I'll put a them in a six carb tortilla. The chewiness of that as a "bun" is a game changer. I barely miss the fries the rest of my family enjoys... as I eat my... sigh... salad.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    We grilled brats yesterday. We had them with sauerkraut, grilled home garden zucchini, and layered bacon over the zucchinis while grilling them. Yum!

Forgot to add, sliced fresh from our garden, heirloom tomatoes.