August Mini Challenge

5n00py
5n00py Posts: 125 Member
My personal challenge to me:

IF I can get back to losing 0.1 kg a day, I should be able to finally get to a normal BMI in August! (On the 19th if I can do it every day).

To take a little bit of pressure off, I'll set my target to be "Normal BMI" by the END of August.

Replies

• kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    OMG @5n00py you can do it!!! What an exciting goal!! My mini challenge is to lose 5 lbs by the end of August, which would get me down to 170.6 lbs :) Best of luck sir!!
  • 5n00py
    85 kg this morning on the last day of July, so there's 2.2kgs to go to get to my normal body mass index...... That makes it the 22nd August if I can do the 0.1kg a day...... Fingers are crossed, and the snacks are all absent from the house!
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    @5n00py Great work on getting so close to the normal BMI range! And good luck on your goal @kdavid1987

SW: 71 kg (156.5 lbs)
    TW: 69.9 kgs (150 lbs)

Sadly that still won't put me at normal BMI but I'll be getting really close. I'm finding that for me, as I get closer to the "normal range" I'm feeling hungrier and the weight is coming off a lot slower. I'm wondering if it's time to fiddle with my macros a bit and try to find ways to make my meals a little more filling, or a longer lasting full feeling.
  • 5n00py
    @kdavid1987 Thank you and woo hoo in advance for you reaching your goal too!

@nevadavis1 I'm sure you aren't that far away! Yep, changing things around a tad may be required to stimulate your system out of "hold onto every last reserve" and into cut mode again.... I had to review my eating habits as I found I was leaning more and more to quick and easy and my laziness was costing me!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Hi, everyone! I have been gone because I was moving!
    I'm settling in, though my scale remains unpacked. I don't have much of a desire to weigh as I'm really focused on improving my fitness and health. I'm going to create non-weight related goals this month and then focus on weight in September. I'm going to do a weight-focused month every other month from now on.

My goals for August:
    Clock at least 10K steps 5x/week
    Weight train 3x/week
    Stick to IF daily
  • nevadavis1
    Great ideas. I'm actually moving mid-month, so I'll see if I can find the scale afterward! Hope you like the new place!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @nevadavis1! Good luck on your move!
  • 5n00py
    Welcome to your new address @brittdee88 ! Great plan for the month too regardless of the scales being hidden away or even if they were available.

May your move go really smoothly @nevadavis1 !

I was wondering if we could include challenges which are across our group too? Like perhaps some core stuff like a one minute plank each day and some number of pushups/crunches/whatever that we attempt to get done each week? Whachya think?
  • brittdee88
    I think that's a great idea, @5n00py! I just joined a planking challenge in another group. Would love to do challenges with you all!
  • kdavid1987
    Annoying, I maintained my weight this week at 173 lbs. I had a wedding last weekend with an open bar so I am blaming that. Sticking with my jogging routine and packing my lunch to hopefully see a loss by this time next week.
  • 5n00py
    At least is was a maintain @kdavid1987 !!!! Those nasty empty calories in alcohol can mess you up in more ways than one..... Wishing you all power ahead and a flask full of mojo for your coming week!!!
  • nevadavis1
    The good side for me, as I did go to a wedding with an open bar a few weeks back, is that one of my lupus medications can't mix with alcohol, so no temptation there at all. The bad side though is no alcohol, even when I really want a glass of wine.... Some people say they aren't as strict on it, but I worry a lot about side effects as it is.
  • 5n00py
    Woo Hoo...... As of this morning, exactly ONE kilogram to go to "Normal".....

r6o7upa7fmcf.jpg

I never would have thought I'd be here less than a year ago when there were 35+ to lose!
  • nevadavis1
    Wow! Great work!
  • brittdee88
    Great work, @5n00py!

Week 1 Goal Check-In:
    Clock at least 10K steps 5x/week (check!)
    Weight train 3x/week (check!)
    Stick to IF daily (nope.... adjusting this goal to sticking to IF on weekdays)
  • kdavid1987
    Hello everyone!! After 2 weeks of not seeing any improvement I am happy to report that I am down to 172.2lbs, meaning I lost .8 lbs last week. It's not much but it's encouraging and I hope for next week to be even more successful. I am so close to 30 lbs lost over all! Contrary to what my little progress tracker suggests, I have only lost 29.8 lbs, not a full 30 lbs just yet but I hope to be there soon. :) How is everyone else hanging in there?
  • kdavid1987
    Also @5n00py I love all your charts. They're the best!
  • kdavid1987
    Hello all, yesterday was so busy I forgot to weigh in! The moment I was awake I started thinking about a list of tasks for work and my weight in just slipped my mind. But as of this morning I am 171.2 lbs, meaning I lost 1 lbs last week and I've lost a total of 30.8 lbs over all. It feels awesome to be at that point! I have slowed down my activity on MFP but I am continuing to do the work of exercising and trying to eat right. Trying to get my mind where it needs to be for the last 20 lbs to come off. Wish me luck! How is everyone else doing?
  • brittdee88
    Congrats, @kdavid1987!!!
    I haven't been checking in here or only any threads because I just finished up the first week of my doctoral program. Now that those 12-hour days are gone, I'm back!
    I met my week 2 goals, but definitely not last week's because I was so busy. I'm happy to start again this week!
  • 5n00py
    opidwy55gua5.jpg

Woo Hoo!!!!!!