August LC Basics Boot Camp 2017: Week 1 (8/1-8/7)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
Welcome to the August LC Basics Boot Camp!

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important basics we need to lock in: staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of the stickied post should the thread get buried. 2 clicks, to this post and the Weekly link, will get you back to it.

So go ahead and post your goals in this Thread.
My daily post would look something like this.

Wed 8/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your basics.

Make this month count! Tear it up!:+1:

Replies

• Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Excellent post

my goals

ZC every day
    Log everything
    2l water every day
    15 min walk per day
    No alcohol
  • jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The name of this thread is great!!
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    My Goals

Logged:
    Water:
    Electrolytes:
    Calorie Goal:
    Exercise 4x/week:
    Limit alcohol to once a week:
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I know I've said this like a million times over the past 3 months...but I need to get strict and back in the saddle. Especially after July and tackling so many issues with my family. Both my folks battling life threatening ailments with no "cure". (one entering the final stages of COPD, the other diagnosed with Black Lung), brother in law fell from a ladder at work and broke both his legs, uncle committed suicide...all within like 2 weeks of each other.

How do you find the ability to stay on track and focused during the harder times of life? I gained weight due to feeding my face...I obviously need to find an alternative method of coping. Especially since I was doing so well and feeling so good.

Anywhoo...I like this daily accountability. Hopefully it's the kick in the pants I need to keep my head in the game. Here's what my basics will be

Tue 8/1:
    Logged:
    Water:
    Calorie Goal:
    Carb Goal:
    Weekly Meal Plan:
    Walking/Bike Goal:
    Butt Challenge Goal:
    (here's the link from 2016, but 2017 seems very similar...https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamarkin/a-workout-challenge-from-buttsfeed?utm_term=.gwpoaA9XK#.ebBnNWDBw)

7/7
  • wsherry908
    wsherry908 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Logged food
    Macros
    Water 1 gallon
    Track blood glucose

Just starting lc, mod protein, hf today
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wsherry908 wrote: »
    Logged food
    Macros
    Water 1 gallon
    Track blood glucose

Just starting lc, mod protein, hf today

WELCOME! Remember you don't have to worry about drinking a lot of water, but if you just happen to want to drink that much, then please make sure that one of your "goals" is to keep your Sodium intake up.
  • RAC56
    Options
    Great idea, my goals for August:

Wed 8/1:
    Logged: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Carb Goal: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:

6/6

• RAC56
    Options
    @nikoba it is so hard to stay on track when one is dealing with several major issues like you are right now. I admire your desire to get on track in spite of all the issues you have going on. Hang in there and just don't give up on yourself.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @nikoba I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. That is certainly a lot to deal with. :( Maybe just remind yourself that you feel best on the diet and feeling your best physically can help you emotionally and to have energy for those around you.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I definitely need an energy reboot. So for August I will focus on:

Under 50 carbs
    Electrolytes
    Getting back into regular exercise
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

anglyn1 wrote: »
    @nikoba I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. That is certainly a lot to deal with. :( Maybe just remind yourself that you feel best on the diet and feeling your best physically can help you emotionally and to have energy for those around you.

RAC56 wrote: »
    @nikoba it is so hard to stay on track when one is dealing with several major issues like you are right now. I admire your desire to get on track in spite of all the issues you have going on. Hang in there and just don't give up on yourself.

I second this. That is just so much to take. :disappointed:
  • eileenhernandez456
    eileenhernandez456 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Love it!

My daily goals:
    Tuesday 8/1
    Logged:
    Water:
    Calorie Goal:
    Carb Goal:
    Exercise:
    No booze!:
    Pre-logged:

• astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in too.

August goals
    1. Log daily
    2. Drink more water
    3. Exercise 5/week
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I need this after a week away. While I managed to lose a pound, I didn't stay on plan.

Log:
    Under or at calorie max:
    Under or at carb max:
    45 min. exercise, 6 days/wk:
    Pre-log next day:

• RAC56
    Options
    Always happy to welcome a new member. This is a great LCHF forum. :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I like this!
    I'm at maintenance and focusing on recomping now, so I am playing around some with macros and carb intake timing. Debating what my goals should be:

Weighed in:
    Electrolytes:
    Calorie Goal:
    Protein Goal:
    Exercise: (Strength 3x/wk is the big one; cardio at least 2x/wk would be great, too)

• CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sweet... just what I need

Mini-goals:
    1. Exercise every day
    2. Return to logging (I've been doing well, but need to 'check myself' again ;) )
    3. Expand recipe collection (need to have a "game plan" for the coming holidays :p )
    4. Weigh once weekly- on Friday
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. This is great timing as I pushed reset yesterday.

Week 1 goals
    1. Test Blood Sugar every AM
    2. Don't eat bread, rice, beans, sweets
    3. Ride my bike at least 2X - will be 2X more times than last week!