6 week challenge for emotional overeaters

Options
amylahminute
amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Join us over here for more 6 weeks of working on our "automatic eating". We try to foster an environment where people can talk more about the things affecting their food/portion choices (or lack thereof). We're having an "open enrollment" of sorts right now as you can join in on our ongoing challenge and still have 6 weeks to work on any goal you choose. All we ask is that you please just introduce yourself as soon as you get approved into the group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/120445-mindfulness-nerds

Be well!

Replies

• kristinowens96
    kristinowens96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried to join the group, but now I can't click anything when I get to the page. Does someone have to approve my add?
  • HopefulMeD
    HopefulMeD Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. Did anyone respond to this? I also work from home, and where I sit, unfortunately, has a view straight into the kitchen. (There's no other way to arrange the furniture to face in a different direction either.) That means in order to not mindlessly nibble, I have to move to a different room that is not as well suited to work. But that's what I'm having to do right now. It's a challenge.

Like you, when I am busy, I don't even think to eat something. It's when I'm less busy that is the problem.
  • prettyhotandtempting2017
    Options
    Hi. Just joined. (Again). I can relate. Please do not discover "stress eating"! I guess it is all just "unconscious eating". I decided to get smarter (I hope) about this and set my weight loss goals for 5 lbs at a time.
    You have the right idea with staying busy to occupy your time and mind. And remember that cleaning is a great calorie burner! Lol. I'm not really that excited about cleaning :)
    Elizabeth
  • khobbs72
    khobbs72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can we still join this group? If so, please add me. I seem to be on this constant up and down with food. I eat to celebrate all moods! :neutral:
  • amylahminute
    Options
    Hi!!! We're starting up a new 11 week challenge this Friday. From about now to Halloween, you can set a goal for yourself check in with the group.

Click "Join", describe yourself and your goals and an Admin will admit you shortly afterwards here:

• cree2972
    cree2972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can I join in this group??I can really relate here coz I am that kind of person who eat a lot when I am stress in my work and stuff.... I also eat a lot when I'm feeling alone .. that's why I'm hoping that I'll find motivational buddies here who can join me to reach a healthy living..:) Thank you and Godbless
  • janicegluck
    janicegluck Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too if you are still taking members.
  • JoanSloan1
    JoanSloan1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hiya My name is Jo.... Female. My main poblem is bordam eating and snacking. I can do well then as soo as I have down time. Which is quite often as I have a downtime sort of job too, I mindlessly snack. I spoil most days through bordam and snacking. I've been told to get a hobby etc. I have hobbies but choose not to do them but sit on sofa with TV and snacks....totally wrong attitude..... This is going to stop Now. Thank you for reading

Friday 15/9......14st 12.5lbs
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Corina from Oklahoma. Like probably 95% of the people here, when I feel good and I am happy, I eat healthy foods in healthy amounts. But when I get too tired--- I exercised too much last week, can't stop eating trying to get some energy. They say when you recognize a problem and want to solve it you are already half way there. Well I have the first half accomplished, but Boy! This second half is hard.
  • jlove618
    jlove618 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Caty and my big problem is stress eating. I've been trying mindful eating tricks lately but am finding it to be pretty difficult. I'm trying to build better habits
  • Roze65
    Roze65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Seems like a group of like-minded people here. I have always said that food is my drug of choice. Mainly because it is less expensive than drugs and doesn't generally cause a hangover. I eat to hide myself. I am pretty sure I like being overweight. It means a lot of people don't get that close to me and therefore don't have the opportunity to hurt me. I am so very tired of being hurt.
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join this group. There are so many times I find myself eating something that I don't even remember getting out of the fridge. I have diabetes and need to lower my A1c
  • sylvia270
    sylvia270 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Roze65 I think that subconsciously I use weight to withdraw also. It very well may be a defense mechanism. Food is a drug of choice. It is legal and socially acceptable. You can never go cold turkey and totally stay away from it.
  • amylahminute
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi. I notice a few people recently asked to join the group in this thread. Please add yourself over on this page if you'd like to join:

You'll be approved shortly after that. Thanks!
  • lizfourgod
    lizfourgod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m liz and I’m 58. After loosing 50 I’m at 30 back. Need to control eating. All emotions even when happy. I take meds for depression bipolar and at times I wonder if they are working but I take every problem out on food. Wish I Enjoy the healthclub more. Anyway need some friends to chat with stay motivated
  • Nicolle4437
    Nicolle4437 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Nicolle, 38 years old and need to lose 30 lbs. I emotionally eat like crazy!! Especially when I'm frustrated/ stressed at work. Add me as a friend please! I need all the help I can get.
  • jfitz444
    jfitz444 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lizfourgod I completely understand. I too, had lost 70 lbs and am not back up to a horrific #. Anytime you want to chat, hit me up.