Gizmodo - arresting food science news

Options
RalfLott
RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
Writer Rita Misra collects food-related articles under "food science" at Gizmodo.

The stories are not always as interesting as their attention-seizing titles, but there's still lot of interesting stuff here, such as a recent report on the FDA's warning letter to Whole Foods ("prepare to be nauseated", it cautions).

@Dragonwolf @baconslave

Replies

• RalfLott
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Writer Rita Misra collects food-related articles under "food science" at Gizmodo.

The stories are not always as interesting as their attention-seizing titles, but there's still lot of interesting stuff here, such as a recent report on the FDA's warning letter to Whole Foods ("prepare to be nauseated", it cautions).

@Dragonwolf @baconslave

There's still a "Food Science" tag at Gizmodo, but the occasional items are more humorous and less informative than before.

Such as "Scientists Feed Cows Onions to Make Them Stop Farting So Much Methane"
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ah, I remember the days when Gizomodo was mainly a tech article circle jerk site. Now it's click-baity political propaganda not unlike HuffPo and BuzzFeed.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Ah, I remember the days when Gizomodo was mainly a tech article circle jerk site. Now it's click-baity political propaganda not unlike HuffPo and BuzzFeed.

Yeah, well put. I liked the nerdy food articles back in the old TACJ days. Not enough clicks per jerk, I guess.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

Ditto, I used to read it daily on my bus rides to work. Things change, they have clickbait mostly now and I no longer have to ride the bus nor work. Retirement is a good thing.
  • RalfLott
    Options

Ditto, I used to read it daily on my bus rides to work. Things change, they have clickbait mostly now and I no longer have to ride the bus nor work. Retirement is a good thing.

People like you give retirement a good name. B)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy Looks like it!