Small Victories

Options
vysila
vysila Posts: 27 Member
I've completed my first week of keto eating and lost 3.8 pounds. Not a huge loss perhaps, but still progress and I am happy.

Anybody else want to report their good news here, loss or NSV?

Replies

• vysila
    Options
    Well, I'll report in again. At the end of my second week of keto, no additional weight loss, but I did lose some inches. Biggest loss was 2 inches in the hips, only half an inch off the waist. But that's definitely a victory. I thought my jeans were fitting a little looser. It's nice to at least feel that it's working, even if the scales don't agree.
  • vysila
    Options
    Once again no weight loss, have stayed steady for 2 weeks now. But once again I lost half an inch off the waist and half an inch off the bust. Losing inches makes me happy!

By the way, I would love it if others contribute to this thread and post their successes, whether they are on the scale or some other metric. Improved mood, less discomfort at time of month, anything like that. I am inspired by others' successes and maybe you are too. It's a great motivator to have others cheering you on.
  • vysila
    Options
    Finally a bit of weight loss, down 2.6 pounds. I was a little frustrated those weeks where I did not lose, but staying the course has finally resulted in a bit of loss, plus another half-inch off the hips, so it's all to the good. Keepin' on is the right thing to do, even when not seeing results. You will eventually!
  • kellyheitzman
    kellyheitzman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On keto diet the last four days and lost 3 pounds. My mind is much calmer!
  • vysila
    Options
    Wow, Kelly, you're a star! Isn't it wonderful how your mood and attitude are improved so quickly?
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm only back on the Keto wagon going into day 2, but my small victory was hitting my macros spot on yesterday, getting in a 30 minute walk w/ my pups & not caving into cravings! On to day 2, have a delicious day planned and really looking forward to success, sustainable success!

Can I ask where you measured? I am a little overwhelmed at measuring all of the spots MFP suggests. I didn't know if I just picked a few (trouble) spots if that would even be worth it? Mainly thinking bust/right under so I guess rib cage/ hips and thighs.
  • vysila
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks , congrats on such a great start! I measure 3 places, fullest part of bust, narrowest part of waist (just above belly button) and fullest part of the hips. I'm not sure how exact I am every time, but it is definitely encouraging to see rough measurements diminish, even just a little.
  • vysila
    Options
    Another week done, a 0.8 pound loss this time, along with an inch off my bust. Since I overindulged a bit this week, I'm happy to take this.

@raspberrybishop2012, congrats on all of your victories. I love that your wrists, hands and feet are looking more streamlined - mine are still pretty puffy so looking forward to that NSV! And wow, look at those vanished pounds. 50 pounds is something to celebrate, especially in only 5 months!
  • lavenderdawn7
    lavenderdawn7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 10 days at Lark World Music and Dance Camp. I did well keeping to keto WOE. I have lost 5 pounds since beginning three weeks ago. Meeting my goal of a pound a week! Yay!
  • rsiegel77
    rsiegel77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see all of your progress. I'm on Keto day 3. I read up a lot on the adjustment, so drinking a lot of water, increasing salt intake, taking a magnesium supplement and eating avocados to get my potassium. Hoping to get through this adjustment as smoothly as possible. One of my goals is to eliminate cravings - 3 days on this and I feel hungry at times but eating enough to be satisfied and so far no carb cravings! That's my NSV so far.
  • cnavas72
    cnavas72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had issues sleeping since starting the Keto lifestyle?
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    cnavas72 wrote: »
    Has anyone had issues sleeping since starting the Keto lifestyle?

Not really, if anything, has helped my anxiety prior to bed and allowed me to relax. I was going strong for about 6 months, fell off the wagon and I am on Day 2, week 2, but sleep has improved immensely over the last week so far.

Good Luck to you!