August 8 Sign In

Options

Replies

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes...90 minute Trail Run/Walk, 45 minute Strength and Power Fusion class, and a 30 minute Stability Ball Sculpt class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Today was tough. Thank goodness I thought to pre-log, so I could cut back to smaller portions.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @simonschange, you are amazing.

@am_change I like your gym pictures.

- yes x 3

Kitchen is closed. I got some cals left over.

Exercise; 5.8 miles in 59 minutes and that included stopping for a refreshment a few blocks before home. No climbing. That almost sounds like ten minute mile don't it. But not a big deal for a bicycle on the flat track. Fast for a runner. slow for a bike. (I walked to the bike shop then rode home.)

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @bocasdelbob Thanks for putting Buddy as your profile photo!! You do love that little guy!
    @pribud only 5'3"?? How does a heart like yours fit in such a tiny person?
    My report:
    Regular office work day:
    Calories: under by a nice margin. Gluten free day too
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: farm chores and activity
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @SimonsChange : Wow ! You are such an inspiration ! Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.
    @am_change : You made my day (more like month :smiley: ) Actually I am moving from Texas to Michigan and I walk a lot outside. I am already dreading the winter but your quote about appropraite clothing made me feel so much better. Saving it !

@pribud : Congrats on your weight loss ! Glad to see you have recovered well from your surgery.

Today
    Exercise : 30 min walk and 15 minutes stationary bike plus lots of cleaning.
    Calories : Yes
    Tracking : yes

See you all tomorrow !
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Run/Walk 80 min
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    WTG @SimonsChange !!!!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Jealous of all you hikers! Not much for hiking options on the flat prairies.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Another good day. I have 2 of my grandchildren overnight and all day tomorrow. They are 9 & 7 so they can look after me...lol

exercise yes a bit of everything
    calories yes under
    tracking yes

Good night everyone! :)
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Exercise~ yes Strong Curves Lift Day and 95 Crunches for the Ab Challenge.
    Tracking~all on track!
    Calories~ right down to the wire with 11 left.
    Watched part of my oldest son's workout tonight to see if I could learn anything new. Geez, he makes everything look like a cake walk! Ahhh, to be 20 again! He too is on MFP, but he only uses it to make sure he is getting enough calories. He better be because my pantry and refrigerator are empty! Love that kid, but time for him to get back to his college "all-inclusive meal plan"! ;)
  • DarthMom280
    DarthMom280 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Scrapped in 3x yes by the finest margins. Solid rain from 6am to 10pm and a busy day at work meant I only did 15 mins Yoga and I abandoned a walk after 5 minutes as my shorts were soaked, very disappointing. Calories were fine though I did struggle a little with hunger today, possibly because eating is so much more enjoyable than work! I really hope that I can get out for a lunchtime walk today, I'm planning a slightly longer walk (I think I can get away with a long lunchtime today)

@am_change - Sir Ranulph Fiennes... So true, I really need to replace my waterproof trousers.

@trixsey1 @Craigo3154 I never realised Hardwick hall was Malfoy manor, my kids are big Potter fans and we occasionally meet friends there (halfwayish between where each of us live). Strangely my strongest reaction was to your photo of the railway bridge, I cycle the Cinder trail in North Yorkshire frequently and I realise I have gotten very used to the style of architecture used in these bridges, with the trail running underneath.

@Craigo3154 We did not want to come home from camping.... Unfortunately a planned 4 night stay became an actual 2 night stay because of other commitments, however I did realise that I think much less about food when I'm busy doing something I want to be doing and when it's a little bit harder than reaching into the fridge to access food. Every cloud though, we would have been caught in yesterday's rain had we stayed the planned 4 nights.

@SimonsChange You look so much better already at 201. Beautiful walk photo's. Makes me want to go for a hike right now.

@fitastic2dayfitastic2day Congrats on the NSV. (and I've learned what NSV means, I was wondering. Learned something new)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @am_change
    Thank you, I was so inspired by your posts this morning, that I googled and found a place to hike with my dog before work. We're both so grateful.
    9pt16earapmy.jpg

@SimonsChange, what an impressive change. I was inspired by your hiking too.

@fitastic2day, thank you for the beautiful Lord Byron. A great way to end the day.

Anyway, yes x 3 for me. Hike with dog this morning, and tango tonight. Just under calories, by the skin of my teeth, 8 calories.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    Options
    sorry thought I'd posted last night

3 yesses for the 8th .. I pre logged and stuck to my plan I also went out walking with hubby n daughter only a cpl miles but it was uppy downy hilly and steps twice the height of a normal step .. my knees are killing me today but I slept well last night .. the second my head hit the pillow I was out for the count
  • jesscutedol
    jesscutedol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pass day 2 didnt even go to work still very dizzy to function
  • Ready365
    Ready365 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ]Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • Ready365
    Ready365 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pass day 2 didnt even go to work still very dizzy to function

I hope you feel better fast!!
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 50 minute back workout

Great to see everyone doing well! Had a difficult time to focus on my workout here, will shift from the high-weight, long rest workouts to interval-style training for now.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    mvu8c85smf8u.jpg
    Being with all of you team members has become a deeply satisfying part of my life. One of the best parts is seeing our team members achieve the success that they worked to achieve.
    For those of us who have been on the team for a few months know, @SimonsChange has truly changed. I recommend that you go to his MFP page and see his photos.
    He gave me permission to share one of our recent private messages. I had asked him if he had always been interested in hiking. He responded, "As far as hiking goes, it's thanks to the UAC that I decided to give it a go. Before I would just do basic cardio in my home gym. It was working but I thought that I could do better. Then my treadmill died on me. I started hiking at the park and it just felt so much better than being inside. That led me to search my area to find a popular hiking place close to me. After checking out the area, it just seemed a lot nicer for clearing my head and getting lost in the world. I can go 3-4 hours and it will feel like no time has passed. Generally, the people that I meet are nice and so, it's a blast!
    I'd say that I've been hiking so much these last 2 months that its a major part of my life. If it's not raining, I"m out there hiking!
    Simon"

I could hike for days!!! It's such a wonderful experience!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Aug 8th
    Exercise: 30 min yoga , kind of a rest day
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked; Yes

@SimonsChange LOVE hiking myself and do it often during Ultra runs/races. I reallllllly wanna hike the AT one day! Good on you and keep going!!