What's your favorite running accessory?

Options

Replies

• SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love my Buddy System leash which lets me take both my dogs with me and leaves my hands free. I also dig my Fitbit Blaze. I don't really have any other accessories, but I am eye-balling those Flipbelts; I think I could use one. :)

lisadecker - I love my flipbelt because I can't stand the phone armbands. The Flipbelt doesn't bounce.
  • SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    AND all my shoes running, trail... have lock laces
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @SaraCondon I am trying to decide between the Flipbelt and a Spibelt right now. I am leaning toward the Spibelt, I think, since I could maybe attach my leashes to it and just have the one belt instead of two. I also like the race toggles for when I start doing races again.

I got a pair of Xtenex laces for my Newtons and have been wearing them for a couple of days now. I like them quite a bit, though I think I still need to adjust them a bit; I think my fit could be a little better. I may try some Hickies on my other shoes to see which I like better.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    vs_shine wrote: »
    And I jog with my dog so I love his jogging collar/bungee leash/belt that wraps around my waist so there is no tugging on my arm while we jog. Has light reflectors too.
    Stunt Puppy - Go Dog Glo Stunt Runner
    w859vejgan09.jpg

@vs_shine Thanks for sharing this, I'm going to check it out. Just curious about how big is your dog and how tall are you? I'm a bit worried about it working for a smallish dog and a tall person.
  • AnnyisOK
    AnnyisOK Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My fitbit Charge HR and my phone.
  • mwstewart207
    mwstewart207 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh but....for my winter running my hands and thumbs were always freezing. I tried everything! Then in a raffle at a golf tournament I won a pair of Titleist fleece handwarmers designed to be pushed up onto your wrists to swing then slip them back over your fingers to keep them warm. There loose enough to wear since they don't breathe and your fingers and thumbs stay together. I can run comfortably in them down to about -5 degrees unless it's windy. Then I can layer them over my running gloves. In the winter if the temp is under 20 I never run without them!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh but....for my winter running my hands and thumbs were always freezing. I tried everything! Then in a raffle at a golf tournament I won a pair of Titleist fleece handwarmers designed to be pushed up onto your wrists to swing then slip them back over your fingers to keep them warm. There loose enough to wear since they don't breathe and your fingers and thumbs stay together. I can run comfortably in them down to about -5 degrees unless it's windy. Then I can layer them over my running gloves. In the winter if the temp is under 20 I never run without them!

@mwstewart207, that's actually a great idea! One spot that seems to get cold before the rest are my wrists for some reason. I think these would help with that while still allowing me to use my fingers for my GPS, phone, or whatever. Thanks for bring this up!
  • well_insulated
    well_insulated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i don't go running without my Garmin Forerunner 235, its motivating to see the distance, speed.. and I check regularly my pulse to slow down or speed up if needed. Plus after run I like to see the data and compare results :-)
  • alternativemommy
    alternativemommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always need my phone, bluetooth headphones, and running belt (with water bottles for the long run or without for shorter distances).
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My Flipbelt and my Bluetooth headphones.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - Is the bottle on that collapsible? I think I need to bite the bullet and finally replace my ancient Nathan's 10oz hand-held. I would like something with a bigger pocket than my current hand-held, but I have small hands, so I am worried about the bottle size being too big.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 - The bottle is easily squeezable. Not technically collapsible though, it maintains its shape.
  • JPotamus
    JPotamus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hard to choose... my Garmin watch, my Balega socks, or my Bluetooth headphones.

I think I have to pick the socks!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Well since I last posted here I acquired a Garmin Forerunner 735XT, and I can't live without it. It never leaves my wrist except when I have to charge it (usually when I'm in the shower). Can't imagine running without it anymore.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    I have two...
    This
    71V-1rGOc0L._SY355_.jpg

Wrap-around-glow arm band for night/early-morn runs

and this to keep hydrated
    image.jpg
    Bottle holds 12 ozs and once empty you can scrunch it up and tuck it in your pocket
  • dudasd1973
    dudasd1973 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For now, I would have to go with my Garmin Forerunner 235, Jaybird X2 BT headphones and my SPIbelt. I like the belt because it doesn't bounce or move at all.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Gosh. Hard call.

Body Glide is way up there though. :o Only took 1 run worth of chaffing to learn to keep that stuff on hand!

After that, gosh my Plantronics IPX7 Waterproof Blue Tooth headphones+Audible+iPhone as a single "thing" since all of them are needed to listen to audio books. I would run with out my watch, but not with out my books. I only turn them off for races, and even then sometimes I have them playing.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Having not been able to run in the last week has made me realize that my favorite running accessory is the company I have from all my MFP friends. Lame. Sure. I have conversations with many of you on my run. And it's great company. :tongue:

Do you still talk to them on your run, if so how? I could not imagine trying to read and type while running! Some days it is a challenge to even just run and breathe at the same time with out tripping! :lol:
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I would have to say my apple watch and my shuffle. My watch syncs up with a few of my programs so it seamlessly tracks and records my times and splits into my apps and MFP and my music for cadence and some mindless zen time I like the shuffle as it clips to my shirt collar with short buds so no long cord to tangle or catch