My OMAD Reboot - Lesson learned and is it worth to restart to lose the final 20 pounds.

rs2332
rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
I did OMAD between March 1st 2017 to May 1st and lost around 15 lbs and 3lbs bodyfat. I had a love-hate relationship with it. I loved it since i could literally eat anything. During these two months i ate pizza, burgers, fried chicken, fries almost 3 to 4 times a week and still lost weight. I enjoyed my titos during weekend and still felt sharp. My maintenance calorie is around 2300 so it gave me a lot of room to eat and still stay under limit. The hate part is, i started noticing a drop in my Testosterone levels but i am starting to think it may not be anything to do with OMAD (correct me if i am wrong)

Since then i have gone back to my 16/8 and gained about 8 pounds and overall feeling bulky even though i run and lift weights 6 times a week. Should i go back to OMAD since i am about 20 pounds from my goal weight and i am sick of not getting there and i am running out of excuses to give myself.

I usually have a coffee at 8 am , 2 pm and an Apple around 4 pm followed by my OMAD meal around 8pm. I supplement with vitamins.

I feel like i have taken the scenic route in this weight loss from 242 to 190 now (over 2+ years) now is it logically to expedite the last 20 pounds? is it healthy or am i doing a rookie mistake and being impatient?

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Give OMAD another try, just incorporate your fruit with your meal and if it doesn't work for you then go back to 16/8...Good luck :)
  • rs2332
    Give OMAD another try, just incorporate your fruit with your meal and if it doesn't work for you then go back to 16/8...Good luck :)

Yup! I have never dropped 15 pounds and 3% bf before which is making me reevaluate. Doing 16/8 i tend to eat more for sure. I am one of those guys who can eat 6000 calories easily in one meal lol
  • Brendalea69
    edited August 2017
    rs2332 wrote: »

Yup! I have never dropped 15 pounds and 3% bf before which is making me reevaluate. Doing 16/8 i tend to eat more for sure. I am one of those guys who can eat 6000 calories easily in one meal lol

I could do that too, that's why I like OMAD :smile:
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Go for it! I'm a little biased, but I think it's the best weight loss and maintenance plan there is. Plus there just seem to be so many health benefits from fasting that are over and above the weight thing.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome back!

Get back on the original plan and knock it out, bud. Stability in all things, but honestly, it won't take as long as you think.
  • rs2332
    Thanks guys. Omad day 1 done!
  • rs2332
    I will post my updates here daily!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Nice!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Go for it! I'm a little biased, but I think it's the best weight loss and maintenance plan there is. Plus there just seem to be so many health benefits from fasting that are over and above the weight thing.

I feel the same exact way!

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Welcome back and you can do it :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You really CAN do it :p
  • rs2332
    Thank you guys! I did a major leg workout and ate like 10 pieces of wasabi peas. I need to stop bringing that into home. It was just 10 pieces not a log but still :) Looking forward to coconut oil coffee
  • Brendalea69
    Thank you guys! I did a major leg workout and ate like 10 pieces of wasabi peas. I need to stop bringing that into home. It was just 10 pieces not a log but still :) Looking forward to coconut oil coffee

Try to drink your coconut oil coffee before or after your leg workout and that should help with your hunger and save your peas for part of your OMAD meal :)
  • rs2332
    Around 5pm and I'm really craving a protein drink. Trying not to drink!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I did OMAD between March 1st 2017 to May 1st and lost around 15 lbs and 3lbs bodyfat. I had a love-hate relationship with it. I loved it since i could literally eat anything. During these two months i ate pizza, burgers, fried chicken, fries almost 3 to 4 times a week and still lost weight. I enjoyed my titos during weekend and still felt sharp. My maintenance calorie is around 2300 so it gave me a lot of room to eat and still stay under limit. The hate part is, i started noticing a drop in my Testosterone levels but i am starting to think it may not be anything to do with OMAD (correct me if i am wrong)

Since then i have gone back to my 16/8 and gained about 8 pounds and overall feeling bulky even though i run and lift weights 6 times a week. Should i go back to OMAD since i am about 20 pounds from my goal weight and i am sick of not getting there and i am running out of excuses to give myself.

I usually have a coffee at 8 am , 2 pm and an Apple around 4 pm followed by my OMAD meal around 8pm. I supplement with vitamins.

I feel like i have taken the scenic route in this weight loss from 242 to 190 now (over 2+ years) now is it logically to expedite the last 20 pounds? is it healthy or am i doing a rookie mistake and being impatient?

Do the OMAD for quicker losses. If your going to go 16:8, I've found a low carb lunch like a big salad will keep me from gaining and I can stay at the same weight. Good luck!
  • rs2332
    Day 2 of OMAD was a success. Feeling better. Today I have a 5pm midnight meeting. I can't do my omad meal right before the meeting since I will fall asleep. Wondering how I can do this. I can't wait to eat my first meal till 1 am
  • rs2332
    Day 4 of OMAD. This weekend i ate relatively clean and worked out with high volume. Needle hasnt moved much but i can start feeling better. Planning on eating ground chicken with spices and a huge salad (spinach, kale, lettuce) for dinner this week.