Help?

Options
tkd_girl82
tkd_girl82 Posts: 2 Member
Hello all,

I'm new to the Keto diet and I've stuck to it for the last week and I thought I'd be seeing some movement on the scale by now but nothing has happened. :-( I have been absolutely accurate about logging and haven't been cheating at all, though I am learning what my threshold is in order to stay in ketosis- it seems to be that I must be under 30 for anything to show on my ketosticks. I'm noticing that my sodium intake is insanely high, which had never been a problem or concern for me in the past. Could that be stalling my loss? Also when I used the ketosticks yesterday it showed that I was in ketosis but then thus afternoon it says I'm not even though today was extremely low carb and quite high fat and high protein. (Today was not a usual day, I ate an absolute ton of cheese) I'm also very active and burn about 2200 calories a day and I have been working to keep my intake at 1500 or less. In short I know I'm doing the right things, but am I missing something? Does my diary show something that I'm doing wrong? Too much dairy or salt? Any advice is appreciated, I am very proud of how well I followed the plan this week and I'm super disappointed that the scale won't move. :-(

Thank you for your help and insight!

Replies

• aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I can't see your diary. That being said, it sounds like you are doing fine. Don't panic about not losing weight yet. Google the "whoosh" effect. I didn't know about it until someone on here told me about it. I believe you will see a big weight loss soon.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How much is a ton of salt?
    How much is high fat?
    What exactly are your macros set at in grams?
    How much do you have to lose?
    Can't really offer guidance without more info.
    Are you weighing food out or guesstimating quantities?
  • Phanny24
    Phanny24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new to the diet as well and can say be proud of yourself for sticking it through and doing so well! It is not easy especially if you didn't exactly have good eating habits to begin with. I am noticing something similar. The scale doesn't seem to be budging much but I am looking and feeling way better. My clothes are fitting better as well. I would say stick to it!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    When I started the scale didn't seem to budge for a while then it did. Before I saw any scale movement I noticed more physical changes like clothing fitting better, going to the next hole in my belt, and my face slimming down. Over the long haul I've built more lean muscle and dropped fat and weight but it didn't happen over night and I hit some plateaus here and there. I've just learned not to sweat it and continue along the path I have chosen since stressing about it doesn't do any good. Now back to the scale...I've noticed that my weight fluctuates from day to day heck even between morning and night so when I do weigh myself I do it once in the morning if at all. So long as my overall long term trend is towards weight loss then I feel like I am doing the right things. Sometimes I don't lose a pound and the next week one or two depending on my activity load.

Sunny Bunny has good advice as well as others in this forum.