Mini Goal Challenge Week of Aug 14th to 20th

Options
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your short term goals.

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

*** SOME INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO PUMP US UP THIS WEEK ***

"Some people dream about success, while others wake up and work hard at it." - author unknown

"Do you choose to simply know the path, or do you choose to walk it?" - author unknown

"It comes down to a simple question: What do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?" - author unknown

"We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month." - author unknown

:smiley: HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND REMEMBER, IT IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION, BUT CONSISTENCY :smiley:

• missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    this week I will
    1) watch my food portions and eat within my calories (1/6)
    2) choose healthy options (0/6)
    3) exercise (0/5)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 0/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 0/4
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 0/7 (Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, Su, M)

August WW Meeting (every Monday)
    Attendance 2/4
    WW Weight Loss Summary as of 8/07/17
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2017
    Options

Weight-Loss Myths Debunked

Myth: You should cut out carbs to lose weight.
    Fact: Cutting out carbs may result in short-term weight loss—but any eating plan that banishes an entire category of food usually winds up feeling restrictive. Who can keep that going for the long term? What's more, you'll miss out on complex carbs—primarily whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, popcorn, oats, and farro—that deliver fiber and key nutrients, including protein. Other valuable carbs include sweet potatoes, corn, and peas. What you might want to dial back on are the simple carbs that don't deliver much in the way of nutrition: primarily forms of sugar, including table sugar, honey, and corn syrup.

Myth: Certain foods can boost your metabolism.
    Fact: No foods affect your metabolism in the long run. Chile peppers. Green tea. Apple cider vinegar. At one time or another, all have been touted as fat-burning or metabolism-boosting. They are, sort of—but in order to reap the benefits from these foods you have to eat a LOT of them for a LONG time—which is just not realistic.

Myth: My metabolism will be wrecked if I lose weight.
    Fact: Lose weight at a steady, safe rate and your metabolism will adjust with you. When you lose weight quickly, your body struggles to make sure that your needs are met—breathing, brain power, and so on, and it adjusts metabolism to protect these basic life functions. So slow is the "weigh" to go! Staying physically active while also strength training a few times a week can preserve muscle mass, which also helps maintain your metabolism.

• Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Welcome back everyone and thanks for getting us started mademoiselle Molly. I love the myths above. I have been trapped by all of them!!

Goals this week:
    1) Track and be green (1/5)
    2) Meditate (0/3)
    3) No alcohol on 3 days (0/3)
    4) Hit 11,000 steps on 5 days (1/5)
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    One day is already gone and was filled with a great wedding of my friends where I did have too much vodka which I might have tracked incompletely, because... whatever. It was a great day.

Goals for this week:
    1) Track (correctly) every day that's left and try to be under but close to my calorie goals (0/6)
    2) Drink enough water (0/6)
    3)Write something for my thesis (0/3)
    4) Exercise at the gym (0/3)
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This week I will continue to work on staying within my calorie allotment. I'm doing good exercising three days a week and will continue focusing on that goal. New goal for the week is to be more diligent about drinking water. Aim for three twenty ounce bottles a day.

Let's go y'all and have success!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I see some awesome goals!! Everyone had a good week last week too. Keep up the good work Warriors!! We are doing it!! :smile:

Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 1/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 1/4
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 1/7 (W, Th, F, Sa, Su, M)

Attendance 2/4
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

More Weight-Loss Myths Debunked

THE MYTH Eat certain foods to flatten your belly.
    THE TRUTH Another “if only!” myth. There’s no scientific evidence that any food by itself can flatten your tummy. Sticking to your daily plan and meeting your fitness goals will help you lose weight, all over.

Myth: Late night eating leads to weight gain.
    Fact: If you eat within your daily plan, it doesn't matter when you eat—unless, some research suggests, you eat large, mixed meals (cheeseburger and fries, for instance) at night. There are other reasons not to eat at night: It can disrupt your sleep cycles and it might dull your appetite for breakfast in the morning and lead to overeating later in the day.

Myth: Smoothies are a healthy option.
    Fact: For weight loss, smoothies are not always the best choice. Although smoothies can be chock-full of healthy ingredients such as nonfat yogurt, fruits, and vegetables, they're concentrated sources of calories that you tend to take in quickly because you drink rather than eat them. You're likely to feel more satisfied if you eat the ingredients whole as opposed to liquefied.

• Wiseinwellness
    Options
    So far so good - I also see some wonderful insights going on here.

@skymningen I love that you are celebrating one great day - and now you're back on track. Your goals can't always get in the way of a great time, but a great time shoudn't derail your goals either :-)

@bonnieevans6060 ggod luck getting 3x workouts - you can do this!

Molly - I just want to know what veggies you've got going that delights you? I stare at them in the fridge and then eat everything else LOL! So hard to make them jump out at me.

Goals this week:
    1) Track and be green (2/5)
    2) Meditate (0/3)
    3) No alcohol on 3 days (0/3)
    4) Hit 11,000 steps on 5 days (2/5)
  • Wiseinwellness
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I forgot to mention - I fit into a pair of my NORMAL wardrobe pants this morning!!!!

That means I am on my way. And what a feeling that was. I couldn't stop smiling all morning. This means there is a whole new wardrobe waiting for me in the near future...that I already own!!! Yippee.
  • missm2
    Options
    update
    this week I will
    1) watch my food portions and eat within my calories (2/6)
    2) choose healthy options (1/6)
    3) exercise (0/5)- not at home at the moment so need to find time
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I forgot to mention - I fit into a pair of my NORMAL wardrobe pants this morning!!!!

That means I am on my way. And what a feeling that was. I couldn't stop smiling all morning. This means there is a whole new wardrobe waiting for me in the near future...that I already own!!! Yippee.

Congratulations Julie! !♡♡♡☆☆☆
    Awesome NSV!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Molly - I just want to know what veggies you've got going that delights you? I stare at them in the fridge and then eat everything else LOL! So hard to make them jump out at me.
    Hello Julie,
    I have been buying a veggie plate (4 choices) on Sundays from my favorite soul food restaurant and it lasts me 3 to 4 days. I get mostly collard greens and string beans. I try to stay away from starchy veggies but I still count them as a veggie :smile: Candie yams, blackeye peas, pinto beans, corn, etc are others veggies they have. There was a time I would not eat nothing but white potatoes so I am doing good and at least once or twice a week a buy a salad. I tried buying salad stuff to make at home but it always spoiled after I used it once or twice so it is just better for me to buy it when I know I am going to eat it.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

More Weight-Loss Myths Debunked

“It’s a myth that nuts should be completely avoided for weight loss. That’s nuts!” -- unknown

Myth: Working out is the best way to lose weight.
    Fact: Exercise by itself has many health advantages, but weight loss is not one of them. Studies have shown that working out without cutting calories doesn't really affect weight loss. What does help: pairing a healthy eating plan with exercise on most days of the week; that can help you lose and maintain weight loss. If you want to gain and maintain muscle mass (which also helps burn calories), throw some strength training activities in the mix. And if you're at a weight-loss plateau, adding activity might help get the scale moving again.

Myth: Superfoods are better for you.
    Fact: So-called "superfoods" like Brussel sprouts, acai, pumpkin seeds, and so on do have nutritional value, but often it's only when they're eaten in their purest form—which is not always not readily available. Besides, no one food by itself can keep you healthy. It’s the combination of foods that are best for health.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy hump day!

Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 2/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 2/4
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 2/7 (Th, F, Sa, Su, M)

Attendance 2/4
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this Week

Bed by 10pm 0/3
    Water intake - 24 oz. x 5 daily - 4/7
    Salad - 3/5
  • missm2
    Options

1) watch my food portions and eat within my calories (2/6)
    2) choose healthy options (3/6)
    3) exercise (0/5)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 3/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 3/4
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 3/7 (F, Sa, Su, M)

Attendance 2/4
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Let's see where I stand.
    skymningen wrote: »
    Goals for this week:
    1) Track (correctly) every day that's left and try to be under but close to my calorie goals (1/6) The calorie goals got me. I have been eating far too little, other than today.
    2) Drink enough water (2/6) I think yesterday was not enough. Today might just be.
    3)Write something for my thesis (1/3) Yesterday was pretty good. I need to work on the weekend though.
    4) Exercise at the gym (1/3) Yes, I went, but I had to do a slight 'deload' because I was suddenly weaker than last week.

Not stellar, but I am fighting.
This discussion has been closed.