Mini Goal Challenge Week of Aug 14th to 20th

Options
2»

Replies

• Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to catch up on two days of badness. I have been tracking but going over. I haven't done my meditation and I find it is super wonderful way to set up my day. So I think I have to decide that this weekend will be my make-up time for goodness. I don't want to lose the momentum!! So I will carry on tracking for Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Goals this week:
    1) Track and be green (2/5)
    2) Meditate (0/3)
    3) No alcohol on 3 days (0/3)
    4) Hit 11,000 steps on 5 days (3/5)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this Week

Bed by 10pm 0/3
    Water intake - 24 oz. x 5 daily - 4/7
    Salad - 4/5

• Wiseinwellness
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hearts - I love your salad goal! It's like Molly's veggie goal. I think I will adopt this for next round. You're doing really well on that one!

Molly - thanks for your recommended approach to veggie types. I ended up roasting a few last night - and wow, everything tastes good when it's roasted! And you're right - no more soggy bits of lettuce if I go that route.

@skymningen - hang in there - you look like you are slowly and surely tackling your goals this week. You can do this. What is your thesis on? That is a loaded question I realize - but so fascinating too!

@missm2 - how is your week going? You're goals are looking good for choosing healthy options and staying on track. You've got this!
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    Analysis: In order to succeed at my mini-goals, I still have today and the weekend, so I am going to work hard to hit all these goals. I don't want this week to be railroaded by my two midweek social events. I will simply supplant the weekend as my "good" days. It will be tough, because the weekend is social too. But that's okay - that is my plan and I need to honour it for myself!

Goals as of Friday morning:

2) Meditate (1/3)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Analysis: In order to succeed at my mini-goals, I still have today and the weekend, so I am going to work hard to hit all these goals. I don't want this week to be railroaded by my two midweek social events. I will simply supplant the weekend as my "good" days. It will be tough, because the weekend is social too. But that's okay - that is my plan and I need to honour it for myself!

Goals as of Friday morning:

2) Meditate (1/3)
    You can do it Julie!! Good luck on weekends! For me I had to stop excluding weekends because my weekends were blowing my week successes.

I love roasted veggies too!! That gives me another idea. I like broiled them in oven sprayed with some olive oil. I will try that soon to for variety. I see veggie is a re-accruing theme lol - which is a good thing! :smile:

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Have a great weekend Warriors!! And keep on pushing!! :smiley:B)

Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 4/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 4/4 :smiley:
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 3/7 (Sa, Su, M - No veg Thur)

August WW Meeting (every Monday)
    Attendance 2/4
    WW Weight Loss Summary as of 8/07/17
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @toronotjulie No, not a loaded question. :D 'When are you going to defend?' is the loaded question (February is the hopeful answer.) I am a bioinformatician, meaning, I write programs and develop methods to analyse biological data. In my case genomic and metagenomic (genomics of an environmental sample) data, often in collaboration with medical people. And I love it. It is hard to stop speaking about it when I am on a roll.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2017
    Options

Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 5/5 :smiley:
    2) 6000 step goal - 5/4 :smiley::smiley:
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 4/7 (Su, M - No veg Thur)

Attendance 2/4
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs

• bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to catch up on two days of badness. I have been tracking but going over. I haven't done my meditation and I find it is super wonderful way to set up my day. So I think I have to decide that this weekend will be my make-up time for goodness. I don't want to lose the momentum!! So I will carry on tracking for Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Goals this week:
    2) Meditate (0/3)

Just pick up where you left off. Don't give up. Think of it as a mini vacation. Now it's back to reality. Set a mini goal for the day and go for it. You'll be back in the groove before you know it.
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This week I will continue to work on staying within my calorie allotment. I'm doing good exercising three days a week and will continue focusing on that goal. New goal for the week is to be more diligent about drinking water. Aim for three twenty ounce bottles a day.

Let's go y'all and have success!!

Ok I managed to stay within my calories but I need to re-evaluate what I'm eating because I'm not always making the best choices. Working out three days a week is pretty much a habit now even though two times last week I had to go by myself. The water thing-a little more challenging. Some days I did good, others not so good. Like today, I've only had one bottle of water and one glass of water. Way below my goal. Think I'll focus on food choices next week. Need to get away from sweets.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    @bonnieevans6060 thanks for your support! I am doing some but not all, but I do plan for sure to get back on track with my goals. Good luck with the water goal!!

@skymningen Whoa - that is an amazing sounding thesis - and I also love that you love it! I listened to someone from Harvard who does research on osteoarthritis and a discovery they made that it is preventable from activity in your childhood....it was too complicated for me to explain to you now and do it justice - but it was all research findings....very cool. I pray I had the right amount of activity as a kid to avoid this!

Goals as of Sunday morning - it's going alright. I am tracking, which is important. One more big day of socializing, but I will be careful. I turned down gelato yesterday when the entire group was licking their own delicious cone. I was very proud of myself but a little jealous too.

1) Track and be green (3/5)
    2) Meditate (1/3)
    4) Hit 11,000 steps on 5 days (4/5)
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    For me it's already sunday afternoon, dinner is cooking and pre logged and things are not going to change much more.

1) Track (correctly) every day that's left and try to be under but close to my calorie goals (3/6) I don't know. Not my best week.
    2) Drink enough water (4/6) Again, not my best effort.
    3)Write something for my thesis (3/3) Yeah, did that. By writing on saturday and sunday. But hey it does not matter how I achieve that goal, right?
    4) Exercise at the gym (3/3) First day was disappointing, second was normal. Today I have been a beast! The trainer came around saying 'Do you really want to squat that?' I was like 'Yeah, sure, did this two days ago already.' He stayed for my first set to spot me, because he was worried I couldn't handle it. Then he left, complimenting me on good form. :D
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 8/14/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 7/5 :smiley:
    2) 6000 step goal - 5/4 :smiley::smiley:
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 4/7 (No veg Thur, Sat and Sun) :neutral:

Attendance 2/4
    Total lost 17.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

Hope all is well. Very busy with my Dad this weekend and this week. Have a great week and check in often :smile: Please feel free to use this tread for this week. Have a great week! :smile:

Goals week of 8/21/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 0/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 0/4
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 0/7 (Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, Su, M)

Attendance 3/4
    WW Weight Loss Summary as of 8/21/17
    Total lost 18.8 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.6 lbs
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2017
    Options

*** SOME INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO PUMP US UP THIS WEEK ***

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." --Scott Hamilton

"You must act as if it is impossible to fail." - Author unknown

"When you name your fear, you can face it. When you face it, you can defeat it!" - Author unknown

:smiley: HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND REMEMBER, IT IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION, BUT CONSISTENCY :smiley:

• missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    update for last week
    1) watch my food portions and eat within my calories (3/6)
    2) choose healthy options (3/6)
    3) exercise (0/5)
    the week didn't get better and I stopped caring ( for a while ) - looking to keep trying and get some consistency in my life
    Might change my goals later today
This discussion has been closed.