TMI

Options
SammieCosme
SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
So I had a cheat day I made chicken soup with Spanish rice which brought my carb intake to about 70 net carbs for the day and like 30 mins later I was in and out of the bathroom with the runs. Is that normal?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My guess is it could have been related to something about the Spanish rice but I personally wouldn't pin it on carbs given you've had a few recent days of carbs over 100 and one of them included rice. Your diary is public. Maybe something in the spices didn't agree with your system?

I've had a few days where I was considerably over my carb norm with no negative reaction of that nature. Just some lethargy. Too much magnesium can be a culprit it some people.
  • SammieCosme
    SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Deff can't be the seasoning for the Spanish rice I season my Spanish rice the same way I season my chicken when I'm doing full keto. And it Deff seems to be happening even when I eat rice not seasoned. I just know tomorrow I'm going back to keto.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good for you to know. I was just guessing the Spanish rice since you said in your original post "made spanish rice....and like 30 minutes later I was in and out of the bathroom with the runs".

I hope you figure it out though. It's hard to tell. Last year, I decided it might be prudent to take a multi-vitamin. Developed a case of the runs. Scoured my food diary to try to figure out what it could possibly be eating to cause this. It finally hit me one day that I had added the vitamin. I quit taking it. Problem solved. Who'd a thunk?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    It might be the carbs, IF you have a sensitivity to rice or if the chicken was not well cooked enough or you did a me and accidentally food poisoning yourself. Just saying, there might be several reasons why you are feeling off after the meal.