September 2017 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The September Walk Challenge starts soon, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors, which for some of us may still feel like summer B) . For those who will be soon enjoying the onset of cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs especially for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors, and have the opportunity to do so, as we move closer to the wonderful sights, scents, tastes, and of course the amazing colors of Autumn.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
If you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
We are always happy to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into September 2017!

Let us walk with a smile :)

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lbheart2
    lbheart2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am excited about joining the September walking challenge. I have quite a few Leslie Sansone walking tapes.

Thanks for your group.
  • lruch17
    lruch17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join as well. What do I need to do to join?
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome lbheart2 and lruch17! We each state a goal and track it during the month. For instance my goal is 100 miles for this month. I track my miles while golfing so after each round of golf I will come here and post my mileage. Mine will look like this...

0/100 as I add miles I will change the 1st number. I hope this helps.
    Walk strong!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Wow September! So much I wanted to do this summer but it goes so fast. At least I made it to the beach.

Last month I was able to finish strong and make it 115 Miles. September looks busy again so I'm hoping to hit 95 Miles tracked this month.

Welcome lruch17 & lbheart2, we love our new members. You can check in daily or weekly. I use my Apple Watch to track my milage and post a weekly amount each Monday.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    lbheart2 wrote: »
    I am excited about joining the September walking challenge. I have quite a few Leslie Sansone walking tapes.

Thanks for your group.
    lruch17 wrote: »
    Hello! I would love to join as well. What do I need to do to join?

Hello ibheart2 and lruch17! Seconding Deeder522's greeting! Leslie is the bomb, isn't she? All you have to do is set a goal for the month and post your miles or minutes, be it DVD or outside walking. Glad you joined us. :)
  • lruch17
    lruch17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok, easy enough. My goal for September is to walk 50 miles. What a great support group...glad to have joined!
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Just joined. I used to do some of Leslie's videos15 years ago, but they fell by the wayside. Recently I found a DVD I bought a few years ago when I was 45 lbs heavier that I never actually used, so I decided to start again. I've gained a few pounds back over the summer because it's just too hot to go outside. Time to get my butt back in gear.

My goal this month is 90 miles.
  • Farmeress
    Farmeress Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm going to set an ambitious 30 miles goal. Not being sarcastic. In August I walked 4 miles.
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    2 of 90 completed
  • AnnofB
    Options
    donnapal79 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. Just joined. I used to do some of Leslie's videos15 years ago, but they fell by the wayside. Recently I found a DVD I bought a few years ago when I was 45 lbs heavier that I never actually used, so I decided to start again. I've gained a few pounds back over the summer because it's just too hot to go outside. Time to get my butt back in gear.

My goal this month is 90 miles.
    Farmeress wrote: »
    I'm going to set an ambitious 30 miles goal. Not being sarcastic. In August I walked 4 miles.

Welcome lnnapal79 and Farmeress!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Ran errands most of the day with DH so no walking for me today. I did do a strength workout this evening, though. I'll get in some walking tomorrow. :):)
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @lbheart2, Welcome to September's Walk Challenge! You'll make good use of all those Leslie Sansone walking tapes here :happy: .

@lruch17, Welcome to our group! We are glad that you joined. That is a great goal you made for this month :) !

@donnapal79, Welcome to our monthly Walk Challenge! I'm very glad that you decided to join our group and start over again after finding a LS walk DVD :p ! Well done on 2 miles completed today!

@Farmeress, Welcome! I am glad that you are joining and will be walking with us this month B) !

@AnnofB, You probably walked a lot of miles while running errands today :noway: ! Good for you for also doing a strength workout today o:)

September first: 2 miles: 5 Day Slim Down, Classic mile x2

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options

September first: 2 miles: 5 Day Slim Down, Classic mile x2

Good work, Mary! The 5 Day Slim Down is another favorite of mine. :smiley:

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to scale my miles way back this month. I had a health issue in August that has resolved and hopefully stays resolved as I would like to beat this goal. You all know how much I hate not making my goal, so exceeding it will be very motivating! :+1: For September:

Goal 2.5 mi/day or 75 miles/month

9/1-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=2.0 miles total

Welcome to all the new walkers!! We are so glad you are here!

farmeress We all know about that first 30 mile goal as we have all been where you are so do not even worry about that OK? 1 mile a day can be a real challenge when you first start out, but the more you do, the more you can do. I still find that amazing. Count on us to cheer you on! ;)

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    I am going to have to scale my miles way back this month. I had a health issue in August that has resolved and hopefully stays resolved as I would like to beat this goal. You all know how much I hate not making my goal, so exceeding it will be very motivating! :+1: For September:

Goal 2.5 mi/day or 75 miles/month

9/1-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=2.0 miles total

Welcome to all the new walkers!! We are so glad you are here!

farmeress We all know about that first 30 mile goal as we have all been where you are so do not even worry about that OK? 1 mile a day can be a real challenge when you first start out, but the more you do, the more you can do. I still find that amazing. Count on us to cheer you on! ;)

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

zichab, I'm glad you are back and I hope your health issue is a thing of the past! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 4 miles a week.
    9/2 4 miles ... The 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • lbheart2
    lbheart2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goal is 100 miles a month
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @zichab, I surely pray that this is a forever "resolved" health issue. Joints hurting like when one is having the flu is the closest thing that I can identify with what you were experiencing, which sounded a million times worse than a flue ache ever could. You had described it as: "all of my joints were so enflamed that I could not walk at all the first week in Aug, and managed to hobble around the second week.".
    Now that sounds unbearably excruciating :# .

I'm so happy for you that you are feeling much better now, and hope that someday you can know exactly what was going on, and hopefully never experience it again. More hugs sent you way. Take care and enjoy every mile that you walk this month. Just please take it easy <3 .

@AnnofB, You go girl doing "The 4 Mile Super Challenge" :sweat_smile: . Like Leslie says, 'that is no stroll around the block' :laugh:

@lbheart2, Awesome goal!!

September 2:, I worked in the back fence flower garden for nearly 4 hours. When the temperature hit 90 degrees it is definitely time to stop. I enjoy when I get out there that it hardly feels like 'work' until I call it quits.... then I know it was ;) .

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    4.18/100

4.18 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • AnnofB
    Options

September 2:, I worked in the back fence flower garden for nearly 4 hours. When the temperature hit 90 degrees it is definitely time to stop. I enjoy when I get out there that it hardly feels like 'work' until I call it quits.... then I know it was ;) .

I know that feeling, lol. I have stepped out back to put some bird seed out and stopped to pull a few weeds and before I know it, I'm sweating and getting a tan and have mud in weird places.

Good fun/work, Mary. :)