Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hey,All. I am Gus (Augusta). I am looking forward to a good month.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Gus130 wrote: »

I love your name! Mine is Augustina. Welcome to the challenge.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Gus130 wrote: »

WOOHOO! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK! :)<3 HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT MONTH, I AM CHEERING FOR YOU.....HUGS!
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Priscilla and I am happy to be entering this challenge for the 6th time. I love this group and it is so good to see all the returning members and to welcome all the new ones. Do not be afraid to ask questions or to share your journeys with us good or bad, we were all new once and believe me when I say everyone cares, you are important to us. :)

My goals for September are
    1. Lose 4.6LBs reaching the 35lb mark(to date 30.4)
    2. To not eat more than 1/2 my exercise calories on any day
    3. To be in the winners circle
    4. To drink 10 glasses of water a day
    5. To encourage and support others <3

Everyone please remember that there is no failure here, like @SimonsChange(and we will miss him dearly) said the only failure is giving up, so if you use your 3 pass days, do not give up, stay with us, continue to check in and we WILL support you, be true to YOU and so will we....HUGS everyone :)<3 I will be cheering for you!! :)

• pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Paula. I'm 61 years old, looking to take off some extra weight I've put on by eating too well and too much. Other than monitoring the three daily Ultimate Accountability Challenge items, I'm planning to cut back on caffeine in September. I was in the August Ultimate AccountabilityChallenge and it was very helpful.
  • pahsarj1
    pahsarj1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Jeff here. I live in Virginia and have been at this for 42 days. So far, lost 11 lbs. My short term motivation is a Spartan race I'm running on Sept 10. Really needed to drop pounds and add muscle. So far so good. We'll see if I'm ready.

Good luck to everyone. Glad we're all in this together.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    pahsarj1 wrote: »
    Hey all. Jeff here. I live in Virginia and have been at this for 42 days. So far, lost 11 lbs. My short term motivation is a Spartan race I'm running on Sept 10. Really needed to drop pounds and add muscle. So far so good. We'll see if I'm ready.

Good luck to everyone. Glad we're all in this together.

@pahsarj1. Good luck with the spartan race.

My best advice is to easy workout on the 8th, and only 20 mins of light cardio on the 9th (nothing strenuous). Your body will need the rest to give it's all on the 10th.

Prior to the 9th work out as normal. The pre-race recovery time is crucial. Otherwise you have a significant chance of letting your team down.

There is not much you can do in a week to drop pounds and still have energy to race. High protein will help, but you really needed to do most of the work weeks ago. Its usually a 7 to 8 week training cycle to get the body to a peak.

On race day (at least 2 hours before competition), load up with 80-90% carbohydrates (maybe 300-400 kCal worth) along with 10%-20% protein. You want a moderate amount of carbs in your system for quick energy, but not too much that it weighs you down. (proteins and fats are slower energy - protein is required for the amino acids to assist with digestion and burning of the carbs without protein synthesis (muscle scavenging)).

Best of luck. Look forward to hearing the results.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hello UAC! I just realized I haven't done this month's introduction.
    My name is Clarice and this is my 3rd month with UAC. I have yet to make it to the Winner's Circle, but I'm not about to quit trying now! Even when I have been quiet, I have continued to read all your inspiring posts.

I am 58 y/o, married 18 years, and the "mom" of a very spoiled Golden Retriever named Tara. We live in Southern California where we have had one of the hottest summers in history. So far we have been lucky enough to escape most of the smoke and ash from the fires.

At 4'10", every pound seems to matter. Unfortunately I have added 30 pounds in the last year! It is hard to believe! I've had a bout of bad health and injuries, but they were all just excuses, not valid reasons.

But I'm back with renewed dedication, and very grateful @RangerRickL has kept this group going! <3
  • jshenber
    jshenber Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jen and I'm super psyched about the goals of this challenge! I've lost 35 pounds since the beginning of 2017 and I have another 35 I'd like to lose. I put on a lot of extra weight since 2013. I was working on my Master's so I didn't cook often and we ate out a lot.

My husband and I have an 11 year old daughter who keeps us really busy. We live in Pennsylvania on a small hobby farm (chickens and goats) and various other pets.

Looking forward to the next month!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am happy to find this challenge, can't wait to begin!

With good intentions when I posted the above ^^ almost a third of Sept done.. I am ready to begin . With 7/9 days being a pass .. I need the accountability and structure.
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @countrycreek The best place to start from is 'Here'. I shall look out for your posts.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    I am happy to find this challenge, can't wait to begin!

With good intentions when I posted the above ^^ almost a third of Sept done.. I am ready to begin . With 7/9 days being a pass .. I need the accountability and structure.

@countrycreek. Glad you found us. (UAC doesn't advertise much. Too big and it is too hard to manage).

Starting a weekly circle from 15th. Great time to join in.

UAC is about forming habits. You are welcome to join us anytime (no need to wait till the start of a month).
  • countrycreek
    Options
    @marthall Thank you!

• countrycreek
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thank you! I am over my passes for the month.. what is the weekly circle?

*I just read about the silver circle starting .. sounds like a lot of fun and a great incentive to succeed!
  • craigo3154
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thank you! I am over my passes for the month.. what is the weekly circle?

*I just read about the silver circle starting .. sounds like a lot of fun and a great incentive to succeed!

@countrycreek. Weekly circle is like the monthly circle (daily track calories, stay in budget and min 20 mins exercise) but weekly (and one pass day permitted instead of 3).

Weekly circles start on the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd of each month and run for 7 days. (So this weeks silver circle started 15th).

As an added bonus, if you make all 4 silver circles, you make automatically achieve monthly UAC circle (even if you had more than 3 pass days in the month). This is because of consistency.

It is a self-nominating challenge (in forum or by PM). I will be calling for people to nominate whether they made each weeks circle on the last day of the set week (7th, 14th, 21st and 28th). Those achieving circle are congratulated on the following day's forum.

Even if you cannot make a month, you can make a week :) . Week by week you can make a month. :)
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @countrycreek Hello from @RangerRickL
    Thanks @craigo315 for your warm introduction.