I love the keto woe because...

Options
dawnz75
dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
There are so many great things about the keto woe. I just wanted to mention one and thought maybe others could add in. Remember this WOE is specialized and will look slightly different for everyone. I have only been actively following keto for 5 weeks.

My breakthrough is related to the feeling of satiety. One of my most challenging aspects of dieting or getting healthy is late night snacking. With cico I managed it with always leaving a couple hundred extra calories for the evening. I was a night owl and tried to make healthy choices for the after dinner snack. But it felt like a danger zone that I carefully threaded through every day.

I love keto because I have for the first time been able to eat 3 meals and not feel the need or even desire to snack. I can eat dinner as early as 4pm and be fine until morning. Even as I write it, it seems like such a simple thing. But more than anything else, being able to transition to 3 meals a day has accomplished what I have never been able to do before. Whenever I want to snack now I can identify that the craving comes from my mind, and not a physical drop in blood sugar.

What is one thing that has made a huge difference to you?

Replies

• erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... it's just so different for me to not be hungry. I've always been a big eater (which was fine when I worked a physically demanding job), but after staying at home with my son, I gained almost 30 pounds! I still tend to snack all day, but once the late afternoon hits, I'm no longer hungry, and almost turned off by the thought of eating. It is the strangest thing. But, I love it. I used to eat the bulk of my junk food in the evenings, and that's no longer an issue. I also love that the cravings for junk food are pretty much non-existent.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I know it works for me, and over time if I get too far away from keto thru carb creep, I can rally as needed and be successful.
    I love how my body feels when in ketosis.
    So much energy...where prior to keto I would always feel tired and lethargic.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    What is "WOE"?
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    What is "WOE"?

WOE - Way of Eating.

:)

• rxman921
    rxman921 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    dawnz75 wrote: »
    I just got back from a 2 day trip to the coast, trying to escape the heat one last time. What I love about this keto way of eating is how easy it is to stay on plan while travelling... Before keto I would be tempted with how much to eat of what. Now it is simple, I feel good, and I can eat at weird times and still feel good.

It's this that made it an easy transition for me to incorporate IF into my LCHF WOE and generally just make it part of my WOL, whether it's 16:8, 18:6, 23:1, etc. I just base it on what happening around me - business lunch where socializing is important, I'll find something on the the menu I can eat but maybe I skip dinner or eat a small dinner and get back into my normal regime (currently 23:1). The satiety that comes for me with LCHF has really reduced any major hunger cravings. Those that do hit are knocked out with a little salt.

• laure512
    laure512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My grocery bills have become hella cheaper!
  • steffenzfamily
    steffenzfamily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm eating cheese and cream and losing weight!! Love it!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Simply not being hungry so able to see and correct the overeating habits that resulted my previous state of fatness.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love it because I had no trouble staying keto and even carnivore at a festival!
    mg74e6204fqh.jpg

Later that night I had a bacon wrapped, grilled sausage too.
    There were so many other options available too.
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love feeling in control of what I eat. This is a new experience, I don't ever want to or have to feel like that again.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Bouddie wrote: »
    I love feeling in control of what I eat. This is a new experience, I don't ever want to or have to feel like that again.

This would be me. I don't eat super low carb but @ 50 grams total/day, I have great control over my choices. It's a nice place to be.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    What I love most is being able to eat the things I've normally enjoyed without feeling like I'm depriving myself. I'm looking at you, bacon & cheese. With all the alternatives and substitutions, I've been able to swap out some staples here at home and as a result, hubby has also lost some weight.

I love how my joints feel, not achy.

I love having more energy.

I love how well I've been sleeping. Seriously, I've always had the worst insomnia, but lately I've been sleeping the whole night waking up only a couple of times a night.

• rushmama5
    rushmama5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is the only thing that has helped my bladder pain and frequency. I would be up and down all night to pee,then exhausted. Never could get diagnosis. You never heard of overactive bladder berfore they started spraying roundup at harvest of crops etc. and before GMOs. Just sayin'