Fall 2017 - LET'S HEAR ALL ABOUT YOU

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Good morning ladies! Thank you for making the decision to accompany me in my health journey but more importantly, investing in yourselves. I am excited about the next 13 weeks! :# This time around we have a close knit group so I am confident that we will consistently engage one another and cheer each other on.

This week we will introduce ourselves. Please share as much about you as you are comfortable with. A suggested format is below if you want something to follow.

Name:
Current Weight:
Challenge Goal Weight:
Ultimate Goal Weight:
Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine:
Goals:
My Motivation:

We officially start tomorrow so enjoy your holiday/bbq...for those of you who will be indulging.

Our first official weigh-in will be Monday, September 11th. (Yikes, what a day huh)

~Jessica

Replies

• SageMolokai
    SageMolokai Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm really excited about the next 13 weeks too!
    Name: Sage (for MFP)
    Height:5'8"
    Current Weight: 197lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140 or there abouts (I'm not completely sure yet. I'm kind of waiting to see how I feel at 150)
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Counting calories, trying to meet the macros. Workout that combines strength and cardio 3x a week and walking 4-5 miles every day
    Goals: I really would like to be able to do chin-ups and real push-ups and cartwheels and handsprings. Also splits and standing on my head.
    My Motivation: I want to be fit and healthy and really active all the way through my life. What better time to start good habits then now?
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I will be in a bit of an interesting situation this fall challenge, because I am so close to my goal weight! I estimate I will hit my goal weight mid/end-October, at which point I will be switching over to maintenance/recomp for the rest of the challenge. I'm soo excited to be able to eat more and lift heavy things!

Name: Brianne
    Occupation: Public Relations & Social Media for a govt nonprofit
    Height: 5'3"
    Current Weight: 114.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 110
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 110
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Counting calories. Going to the gym about 3 days per week (trying to be more consistent with it this fall!) I do mostly cardio for now, but once I switch over to recomp, will be switching to weights so I will have to find a program.
    Goals: My goals are pretty loosely defined. My goal weight is 110, which I should hit in October. Once I start recomp, it will be much more subjective just based on how I feel about how my body looks, and of course gaining muscle, toning up, getting stronger, etc. I estimate I will eventually end up back around 115 with all the added muscle.
    My Motivation: Taking control of my health while I'm still young. And of course, pure vanity is a big factor.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Name: Lynn Helton
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight: 179.8 lbs
    Current Weight: 150.1 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 132.5 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 132.5 lbs
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: I use many of the Medifast meals. I do not follow the Medifast plan, I count calories (1200 calories a day) but I do eat the Medifast foods because they have only 110 calories and the macros of them are perfect for the macros I have found work best for me. (35% carbs, 25% fat and 40% protein). I then try to eat lots of protein and veggies to get to 1200 calories.
    My workout goal is continue to do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video 5 days a week. I was only on level 2 when I got sick and stopped. Plan to start again tomorrow.
    Goals: To feel confident in the way I look when I do things with my husband and son, to enjoy shopping for clothes with my daughters, and to have the energy to do both of these things.
    My Motivation: Next summer our family is going on a cruise. I want to feel good walking around in shorts and swimsuits. At one of the ports my husband and I hope to plan a vow renewal ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Height: 5 ft 4 inches
    Current Weight: 219.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 199
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165-170ish
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: no exact program..just trying to eliminate bad food choices and eat more fruits, veggies & protein. I'm probably going to be mixing workouts at home with going to the gym...but I would like to get a workout in everyday with the exception of 1 rest day.
    Goals: obviously lose some baby weight...but my ultimate goal is to gain some energy back and all around feel better about myself. Fitting into pre baby jeans would be great too!
    My Motivation: My son...he deserves a healthy mama!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to meet you all and to have this group for the fall!

Name: Nicole
    Current Weight: 131
    Challenge Goal Weight: 125
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 122-125

Workout Routine:
    30 minutes of weights or interval training with Jillian Michaels 3x/week; walk, jog or group ex 3x/week; Pilates/yoga warmups and cool downs.

Nutrition:
    My CI/CO goal is set to lose 1/2 lb a week. I have a daily protein goal and I'm avoiding added sugars as much as possible. I'm working on mindfulness and being responsible with trigger foods ... it's a work in progress!

My goals and motivation:
    I'm learning to eat like a sane, thin version of my fittest self. I am going to lose the self sabotage and see my body restored to pre-pregnancy shape or better, and be filled with energy for my work and my family.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Name: Megan
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight: 218.4
    Current Weight: 201.6, up around 7 pounds from my lowest a few months ago
    Challenge Goal Weight: 188.4
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Nothing consistent, which is the problem. Everything kinda fell apart when my husband was in the hospital this summer and I feel like I'm finally able to get back on a routine and some normalcy. I have to learn to make my health and well being a priority no matter what else is happening in life. So the plan is:
    Accurately log everything, stay within daily calorie goals, more protein and vegetables, vitamins, walk/jog/bike/hike 3x per week and strength train 4-5x per week.
    Goals: Lose 1 lb per week, stay consistent, meal plan and prep, vitamins daily and get better sleep
    My Motivation: My 3 kids and husband, feeling stronger, seeing extended family around Christmas time.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited about this fall group, the Summer one was great and I think this one will be even better.

Name: Marietta
    Current Weight: 237.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 217.4
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150ish
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Current nutrition is just CI<CO. It's been working well for me but admittedly I've slacked off the past few weeks. I recently stopped seeing my trainer (for lots of reasons) so I'm trying to get into a workout routine but I'm struggling with lack of accountability. When I do get to the gym I do a 1 mile cardio warmup followed by two sets of 3 strength exercises targeting arms, core, and legs (so six sets total, I think I'm using the right vocabulary?)
    Goals: Lose 1-2lbs per week and get to the gym at least 4x per week
    My Motivation: Vanity mostly, if I'm being honest. But also increased self confidence.
  • Sabrina1982xo
    Sabrina1982xo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Name: Sabrina
    Height: 5'4
    Current Weight: 137
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: walking 10k a day a few times a week
    Goals:
    My Motivation:
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Name: Imelda
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 187
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

Current Workout -
    Personal Trainer 1x weekly for strength training
    Zumba 1x a week
    Walking as much as possible

Nutrition - Eat a decent amount of veggies (esp compared to others on this site!), I eat some red meat but mostly try to stick to chicken/tofu/legumes.

Goals: Feel damn good. Thinking about the choices I make and if they will make me feel good long term or not. Work on getting back to my weekly TRX and cycling classes. Getting yoga in at least 1x a week even if for 15 minutes. Reducing gluten (especially bread like items) and dairy. Cooking more and trying out new recipes from my favorite cookbooks. Prioritizing sleep and meditation to reduce stress and feel more centered.

My Motivation: Feeling good. Knowing what I put in my body and what I do to take care or not care of myself will impact how I function on a daily basis. My year (especially summer) has been full of lots of changes and stress so I'm looking forward to taking more time for myself to do the things that bring me joy and make me feel healthy, energized and good.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am excited to take this journey with all of you.

I initially started my health journey 4 years ago. I gained 45 lbs during my first pregnancy. I lost that weight from counting calories and I became a vegetarian for 18 months. That's when I started Herbalife and I started lifting weights. When my son was 2 I found out I was pregnant again. I gained 50 lbs during this pregnancy. I'm now 15 months pp and I am 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.

Name: Jessica
    Height: 5'5"
    Current Weight: 135.7 lbs (as of Sept 1st)
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: 1800 calories daily/progressive lifting 2x wk, HIIT, running
    Goals: In health terminology I am recomping, however in my world I'm simply lifting weights and eating at a deficit. My hope is to be leaner and have a more sculpted body physique and of course a flat tummy. I hope I'm on the right track. Lol!
    My Motivation: my health, my children, MY SANITY :D
  • Yaranak
    Yaranak Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Excited about joining a second challenge :smile: I stopped halfway through the last one because I hit a plateau with my weight loss after moving back home and getting surgery. But I finally broke through my one month plateau this week and I'm excited to get back on track! Excuse me if I use kgs. It's how I weigh myself, and it's a bit tedious to convert to lbs.

Name: Yara
    Height: 167cm (5'6)
    Current Weight: 81.5kgs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 68kgs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 60kgs
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Calorie counting and Curves gym. Every day, I weigh everything I eat and monitor my calories very closely, and then log everything on MFP. Friday or Saturday is usually my cheat/rest day, so no logging on that day. I'm a binge eater, so this method works very well for me because I have no concept of what a healthy portion actually is! Mom passed her gym membership to me so this is why I go there. It's not bad, I get a decent work out there and even stretch properly. Because I live in a very hilly city, I can't enjoy longboarding here like I used to earlier this year.
    Goals: to stay healthy and full of energy
    My Motivation: MFP!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hello! I'm really excited about the next 13 weeks too!
    Name: Sage (for MFP)
    Height:5'8"
    Current Weight: 197lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140 or there abouts (I'm not completely sure yet. I'm kind of waiting to see how I feel at 150)
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Counting calories, trying to meet the macros. Workout that combines strength and cardio 3x a week and walking 4-5 miles every day
    Goals: I really would like to be able to do chin-ups and real push-ups and cartwheels and handsprings. Also splits and standing on my head.
    My Motivation: I want to be fit and healthy and really active all the way through my life. What better time to start good habits then now?

Hi Sage! I LOVE YOUR GOALS! I too would love to be able to do one chin-up...I think I can do two pushups max...LOL!...maybe a cartwheel or two...handsprings...I doubt I can do those...HA! Anyway, a 20 lb loss in 13 weeks put you at about 1.5 lbs per week which is VERY doable. You seem pretty active and definitely have a positive outlook so let's get to it. I am so glad to hear you incorporate strength training with your cardio! GOOD LUCK!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Sage...I forgot to say...what a COOL occupation :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Yaranak wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Excited about joining a second challenge :smile: I stopped halfway through the last one because I hit a plateau with my weight loss after moving back home and getting surgery. But I finally broke through my one month plateau this week and I'm excited to get back on track! Excuse me if I use kgs. It's how I weigh myself, and it's a bit tedious to convert to lbs.

Name: Yara
    Height: 167cm (5'6)
    Current Weight: 81.5kgs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 68kgs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 60kgs
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Calorie counting and Curves gym. Every day, I weigh everything I eat and monitor my calories very closely, and then log everything on MFP. Friday or Saturday is usually my cheat/rest day, so no logging on that day. I'm a binge eater, so this method works very well for me because I have no concept of what a healthy portion actually is! Mom passed her gym membership to me so this is why I go there. It's not bad, I get a decent work out there and even stretch properly. Because I live in a very hilly city, I can't enjoy longboarding here like I used to earlier this year.
    Goals: to stay healthy and full of energy
    My Motivation: MFP!

Welcome back Yara! I am so happy you wanted to stay with us. Keep chipping away at your goals; you will get there. I NEED to be on board with 'stretching properly'....given that I don't stretch at all. I know it isn't good but I guess I like to dive right into it but I'll learn my lesson one day. Don't worry about conversion here. We all have open minds and open hearts.

Ladies...just so you know: 1kg = 2.2 lbs (so basically double and a little extra)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Name: Imelda
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 187
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

Current Workout -
    Personal Trainer 1x weekly for strength training
    Zumba 1x a week
    Walking as much as possible

Nutrition - Eat a decent amount of veggies (esp compared to others on this site!), I eat some red meat but mostly try to stick to chicken/tofu/legumes.

Goals: Feel damn good. Thinking about the choices I make and if they will make me feel good long term or not. Work on getting back to my weekly TRX and cycling classes. Getting yoga in at least 1x a week even if for 15 minutes. Reducing gluten (especially bread like items) and dairy. Cooking more and trying out new recipes from my favorite cookbooks. Prioritizing sleep and meditation to reduce stress and feel more centered.

My Motivation: Feeling good. Knowing what I put in my body and what I do to take care or not care of myself will impact how I function on a daily basis. My year (especially summer) has been full of lots of changes and stress so I'm looking forward to taking more time for myself to do the things that bring me joy and make me feel healthy, energized and good.

Imelda, I love this!...and I can relate. Quick question. What ix TRX? Also, if cycling is anything like spin classes then I just want to say I LOVE them...when I used to do them. Kudos to you for eating tons of greens...I for sure need to do that as well.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I will be in a bit of an interesting situation this fall challenge, because I am so close to my goal weight! I estimate I will hit my goal weight mid/end-October, at which point I will be switching over to maintenance/recomp for the rest of the challenge. I'm soo excited to be able to eat more and lift heavy things!

Name: Brianne
    Occupation: Public Relations & Social Media for a govt nonprofit
    Height: 5'3"
    Current Weight: 114.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 110
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 110
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Counting calories. Going to the gym about 3 days per week (trying to be more consistent with it this fall!) I do mostly cardio for now, but once I switch over to recomp, will be switching to weights so I will have to find a program.
    Goals: My goals are pretty loosely defined. My goal weight is 110, which I should hit in October. Once I start recomp, it will be much more subjective just based on how I feel about how my body looks, and of course gaining muscle, toning up, getting stronger, etc. I estimate I will eventually end up back around 115 with all the added muscle.
    My Motivation: Taking control of my health while I'm still young. And of course, pure vanity is a big factor.

Hi Brianne. Congrats on being close to your goal!!! You should start incorporating lifting weights now; there's no need to wait. It's awesome you work in the nonprofit sector. HOW REWARDING! Oh, and the most talked about lifting program I see on here for us is Strong Curves...so maybe you can do a little research on that and see if it works for you. GOOD LUCK!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am so excited to be part of this group for the Fall! Hopefully it will help hold me accountable for working towards my goals! I was part of the summer group, but my participation slipped courtesy of a variety of factors. However, I anticipate being much more consistently involved this time around!

Name: Kristin
    Height:5'5"
    Current Weight:143
    Challenge Goal Weight: 135
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: CI/CO; Running 3x's per week; Strength Training 3x's per week (Strength training usually entails either lifting weights or a Jillian Michael's workout if I can't get to the gym.)
    Goals: I'm working on maintaining consistency and continuing to develop a workable healthy(ish) lifestyle. I would like to lose approximately 1 lb per week and workout 5-6 days per week.
    My Motivation: When I returned to MFP in December, I decided I wanted to enter my 30's in decent shape. Since then I have lost a little over 30 lbs, moved into a normal BMI range, started developing healthier habits, and I will officially be turning 30 on Friday in a much better place than I could ever have anticipated. However, I know that once I reach a goal, I have a tendency to just move on to the next thing, so I am trying to hold myself accountable for maintaining my current habits so I don't undo all my progress this year and I want to lose the last few pounds solely for vanity purposes!

Hi Kristin...thanks for returning! I'm really glad to see you back. Looks like we have the same body composition (Uh, I know I'm older than you though....arent you looking forward to turning 30 :smiley: )..LOL! anyway...OMG! I just finished reading your post and today is your bday.....HAPPPYYYYY BIRTHDAY GIRLEE!!!!!!!!!!!...woo hoo!!!! ENJOY!

So, I LOVE Jillian and her programs. I have seen great progress with her. Also, I love running. One more thing, do you mind sharing what you are getting your master's or PHD in and what courses you teach. Sorry. I am a bit of an education buff...that kind of stuff interests me. It's the field I worked in.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm excited about this fall group, the Summer one was great and I think this one will be even better.

Name: Marietta
    Current Weight: 237.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 217.4
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150ish
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: Current nutrition is just CI<CO. It's been working well for me but admittedly I've slacked off the past few weeks. I recently stopped seeing my trainer (for lots of reasons) so I'm trying to get into a workout routine but I'm struggling with lack of accountability. When I do get to the gym I do a 1 mile cardio warmup followed by two sets of 3 strength exercises targeting arms, core, and legs (so six sets total, I think I'm using the right vocabulary?)
    Goals: Lose 1-2lbs per week and get to the gym at least 4x per week
    My Motivation: Vanity mostly, if I'm being honest. But also increased self confidence.

Hi Marietta, welcome back ma'am!!! LOL! I don't know the correct vocabulary either. Vanity is a good motivator...nothing wrong with that. Oh and there are millions of trainers out there so if that person didn't work out....get you another one :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Name: Sabrina
    Height: 5'4
    Current Weight: 137
    Current Nutrition Program/Workout Routine: walking 10k a day a few times a week
    Goals:
    My Motivation:

Hi Sabrina, thank you for joining us. --For those of you who don't know, Sabrina used to be my virtual BFF while she was on maternity leave...LOL! I don't even think she knew--

You are pretty much at the end of this race....get those daily steps in girl!