September 6 sign in

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 6
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Dodging showers today. Could not seem to make usual pace. Need more sleep (late night last night, and early morning this morning).

Managed to finally get my wife to walk with me in the forest (slowly, about 1km, definitely not at my pace or distance, but at least "off the couch" :) ). Am so happy about this. She is happy to walk with me each day. Part of my weight loss and now management was to help inspire her (and learn what I can do to help). She has already been a big help on my journey, hopefully I can help her on hers.

Also got to go flying the FPV quad in the forest (dodging trees :) ). Skills are now good enough to avoid hitting things. Hopefully next month I will be able to post some video of parts of where I walk taken from the air :) (getting some extra equipment to allow me to record flights).

@RangerRickL. Good info on water. Oddly enough, that is mostly what I drink (average day is 2 cups of black unsweetened tea and everything else is water).

One tip I used to use is to drink one glass of water before a cup of tea (or coffee). This way you don't guzzle the tea of coffee and you have extra hydration to counteract the diuretic effect of the caffeine.

@aeshippers. I like how you have incorporated bodyweight exercises into your daily routine.

@Dosse1320. 6km in 55mins is a brisk pace. Much faster than normal walking. Well done.

Looks like a great day yesterday. Didn't see any passes. Well done UAC friends.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 6
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Dodging showers today. Could not seem to make usual pace. Need more sleep (late night last night, and early morning this morning).

Managed to finally get my wife to walk with me in the forest (slowly, about 1km, definitely not at my pace or distance, but at least "off the couch" :) ). Am so happy about this. She is happy to walk with me each day. Part of my weight loss and now management was to help inspire her (and learn what I can do to help). She has already been a big help on my journey, hopefully I can help her on hers.

Also got to go flying the FPV quad in the forest (dodging trees :) ). Skills are now good enough to avoid hitting things. Hopefully next month I will be able to post some video of parts of where I walk taken from the air :) . (getting some extra equipment to allow me to record flights).

@aeshippers. Well done on incorporating bodyweight exercises in the daily exercise.

@Dosse1320. 6km in 55 mins is a decent pace. Faster than average. Well done.

@RangerRickL. Good tip about water. This is mainly what I drink. Average day is about 2 cups of unsweetened black tea and the rest water.

One tip I used to use is a glass of water before any cup of tea (or coffee). Stops you guzzling the beverage because you are thirsty. Also helps counteract the diuretic effect of the caffeine.

Good day for everyone yesterday. Did not see any passes. Great job UAC friends.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good luck @hil331115. Hope the hurricane loses its strength by the time it reaches Florida.
    @craigo3154 Good to hear that your wife is coming on board. I can be quite zealous with health and fitness and pushed/encouraged my adult daughter too much. As a result she rebelled. She is an obliger too and food and exercise is what obligers typically rebel against.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    6th Sept.

A rest day today, although still been busy with other things in the house.
    Haven't been able to go far as was waiting on a delivery to arrive today and both kids were at college, so had to wait in for it.
    Had a walk with the dogs this afternoon before tea.

Total distance: 8.5km (5.3 miles)
    Total steps walked: 13,252
    Total calories burned: 571
    Total calories consumed: 1334

Not a very good day calories wise or exercise either but still under. Back on track tomorrow.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,301 Member
    Options
    6th Sept

3 yesses .. .. I had a dental appointment and paced up and down outside while my kids were being seen

tracked and low cals today :)
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep...60 minute Pump and Sculpt class
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes!
    15,000 steps today plus 30 minutes yoga and 10+ glasses of water
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?I yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • pahsarj1
    pahsarj1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 2 mile walk + 150 burpies + 50 pushups
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (barely)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? You bet
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3, and yes on all that water.
    Hiked before work today.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 40 min run plus 9000 steps
    Calories: Yep, with ~100 to spare.
    Track everything: Yep, even the 3 m&ms.
  • gerricr
    gerricr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exercise Yes 1 hr walk
    Track Yes
    Calories Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 46 minutes of strength training and a 1.26 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

Drinking water was one of the first healthy habits that I picked up and stuck with. I drink a ton of it now, carrying a water bottle everywhere that I go.

I am shortening my strength workouts on weekdays, as I'm getting up in the wee hours and don't want to race to class every morning. I plan on sticking with my longer workouts on weekends, though. Thankfully, I've learned to tweak my workout routine without giving up on it entirely when it can't be managed like I had in the past.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    3 yesses. Went for a 10km bike ride pulling my 4 year old in the trailer and keeping the gears set to a challenging level. My legs were jello after!
    I love water. Coffee and water are all I ever drink and I always have a 24oz water bottle with me that I refill at least 4 times a day. Needless to say, I burn some extra calories with all the flights of stairs I climb since our only bathroom is on the second floor!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    September 4
    Exercised?: Yes - Yoga Inferno - 50 min
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

September 5
    Exercised?: Yes - spin class - 65 min

September 6
    Exercised?: Yes - BodyCombat - 60 min

This week has been all about time management - I have none...time I mean...lol
    I keep getting interrupted or called or texted....I have been a cab this week. It's driving me crazy. So now am just biding my time till next week. Everyone's schedule will be set and things will be easier.

Water was always hard for me....but I have turned to mio...I can put down almost 4 Lt's a day now...so I'm going with it...
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Great news that you and your wife went for a walk together. My wife, Rose, is happy to allow me to have and enjoy my horses, but she does not ride with me. I do miss that companionship.
    Today's report:
    Pass Day 1.
    Exericise: 65 minutes of cardio strength work
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: over
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    6-sept-2017

Exercise: 55 minutes of circuit training
    Calories: yes, within goal
    Tracking: yes, tracked everything