Sept LC Basics Challenge 2017: Week 2 (9/8-9/14)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Welcome to the September Basics Challenge!
I feel so strongly about how crucial this is, I'm having a Basics challenge every month.

Bah, basics! Entirely boring and unsexy, right?
Guess what though? It will get you to your goal. Basics aren't flashy or exciting, but this is how it's done.

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important basics we need to lock in: staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of the stickied post should the thread get buried. 2 clicks, to this post and the Weekly link, will get you back to it.

So go ahead and post your goals in this Thread.
My daily post would look something like this.

Wed 9/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your basics.

Make this month count! Tear it up!:+1:

Replies

• baconslave
    Holy CRAP! 2nd week already!
    Brang it, peeples!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    For 9/7

Daily weigh in :)
    64 oz water :)
    Logging all food :)
    Carb goal <60 :)
    Activity 5 days a week - :/ still not in the right mindset. I think it's because I was off my vitamins/minerals for 2 weeks. Going to take them now.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    I am definitely improving - my emotional eating seems to be calming down - I haven't quite got back to ZC yet, but I am at keto levels which is good, my aim for this week is to improve even more and try to aim for full on carnivore again
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    9/9
    Weighed in: No (spent the night at a friend's house since we were doing a yard sale together bright and early this morning!)
    Electrolytes: no
    Macros within range: :+1:
    Exercise: Heck yes! Yard sale = an extra *1100* exercise calories burned! 19k steps.
    4/6
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    weighed in: 158lbs
    logged: check
    electrolytes: not available where I live
    Calorie goal: close
    Mircros in range: <50
    exercise: fighting allergens so skipped the gym
  • tishsmith101
    For 9/8-9/11

Logging all food :neutral:
    Carb goal <60 :( Hubby made French toast, pizza and a few other things. I was weak
    Activity 5 days a week - :/ Still not in the right mindset. But I did go bowling Sunday.

Should have made remembering to take my vitamins one of my goals.
  • baconslave
    Saturday was complete crap as I was sabotaged by the hubby. Booze happened. It wasn't as terrible as it could have been. otherwise I've been religiously on plan. Soccer and homeschooling is crazytown. I'm hoping for a loss on the scale Friday if TOM will GTFO. I'm feeling slimmer though anyway.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Today I'm doing good not crying under my desk with a snickers bar. Actually I'm doing really well food-wise, but I'm a stressball on the edge work-wise.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    9/11
    Weighed in: :+1:
    Electrolytes: no
    Exercise: :+1:
    5/6

9/12
    Weighed in: :+1:
    Electrolytes: sort of? Sodium, not potassium, but I'm feeling OK.
    Exercise: :+1:
    5.5/6

• Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Have unfortunately lost all control again, emotions all over the place but at least we now know when my Grandads funeral is and I am hoping after this has taken place I can get myself back on an even keel
  • baconslave
    Tues 9/12:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Carb Goal: :+1:
    Exercise: Leg Day :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    No booze!: :+1:
    8/8
  • baconslave
    Have unfortunately lost all control again, emotions all over the place but at least we now know when my Grandads funeral is and I am hoping after this has taken place I can get myself back on an even keel

Thinking of you. P&PTs as well. Loss is so very hard. :disappointed:
  • tishsmith101
    @Cadori and @Chillycatmum , hang in there.
  • tishsmith101
    For 9/12

Logging all food :neutral: just remembered to log yesterday's food this morning.
    Carb goal <60 :( 62, getting there.
    Activity 5 days a week - :/ nothing, still nothing. Brought my gym clothes to work, working out on lunch.
    Take my vitamins - now in my lunch box again.

Gearing up for a work trip next week.
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have done pretty well goal wise. I have slacked in my posting here for accountability purposes. So here we go:

Water: 09/08 :) 09/09 :) 09/10 :) 09/11 :) 09/12 :/
    Logged Food: 09/08 :) 09/09 :) 09/10 :/ 09/11 :) 09/12 :)
    Carb Goal <50: 09/08 :) 09/09 :) 09/10 :) 09/11 :/ 09/12 :/
    Sleep 6hrs: 09/08 :) 09/09 :) 09/10 :) 09/11 :) 09/12 :)
    Keto//OS: 09/08 :) 09/09 :) 09/10 :) 09/11 :) 09/12 :)
    Atleast 14 Hours Fasted: 09/08 :/ 09/09 :) 09/10 :) 09/11 :) 09/12 :/
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Stress is somewhat reduced; eating is still going well. By the end of this week things should be smoother...we're at the very end of a large project with all the bumps and issues that brings.
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    Hello Everyone! I am joining:) I did start working out this week and scale moved up 2 pounds:( From my understanding, this can happen when starting a workout routine. Other thing, is I am wondering if Nuts and Aldis low carb bars could hinder weightloss.

9/12/2017
    Logged: :)
    Water: :smile:
    Electrolytes: : I think I am getting enough but not sure.
    Calorie Goal: : :/
    Carb Goal: :20-25
    Exercise: :)
    No booze!: :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    mskeyaj wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I am joining:) I did start working out this week and scale moved up 2 pounds:( From my understanding, this can happen when starting a workout routine. Other thing, is I am wondering if Nuts and Aldis low carb bars could hinder weightloss.

No booze!: :)

@mskeyaj - Starting an exercise routine can definitely cause the scale to move up especially the less active you were prior to the new routine.

As far as the nuts and low carb bars it seems to be a more individualized area there. Some people definitely see things slow down or stop when eating these types of items. I personally don't eat the low carb bars and don't seem to have a problem with nuts either, but I have seen posts from others on the site who say they have to stay away from both of these types of items to keep weight loss moving.
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    @swezeytba , thank you for the input. Ugh, that sucks. I guess I will have to up protein some. I am finding myself extra hungry today especially. I wonder how long it will take to see loss again with the new weightloss routine. I am sure it varies per individual.
  • tishsmith101
    For 9/13

Daily weigh in :) Holding steady
    Logging all food :smile:
    Carb goal <60 :smile:
    Activity 5 days a week - :) 30 min cardio workout on the Arc trainer at lunch.
    Take my vitamins - :)