Looking for recipes using cream cheese, or sf jello, or ground almond flour, or powder cocoa pls

Options
TBeverly49
TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
I'm back after about a year.. Need some recipes to get going and help at those times of cravings.

Replies

• eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My favorite treat is one small box of SF jello (usually cherry or raspberry to go with the cocoa powder), 4 ounces cream cheese, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, and enough boiling water to equal about 3 cups. Wizz it together and divide into 4 ramekins. Refrigerate until set and I top with a tablespoon of whipped cream.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I'll try it tonight
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    TBeverly49 wrote: »
    Sounds yummy. I'll try it tonight

LOL. Yes. Thank you @eneild. I just made some. 1st time ever. Just a whiff of the cocoa/cherry tells me it is going to be tasty. Makes me think of Christmas and the box of Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherries my Grandma always had.

@TBeverly49, I eat cream cheese by the clump right off the tip of a knife as a private indulgence. I love that stuff and for whatever reason I find it way more satisfying than an equal amount of "regular" cheese. Sometimes I mix in black or green chopped olives.

Greek yogurt, Sugar Free Polander's Seedless Raspberry Preserves and cocoa (if it fits your carbs). Well, at least I used the powdered cocoa you mentioned. ;)
  • My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Avocado, cocoa powder and sweetener. Masher or blend together. Tastes like chocolate pudding, you will not taste the avocado.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ground almond flour makes awesome Fathead Pizza (just sayin').
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I do chocolate fat bombs.
    125 g. of coconut oil, melted.
    Add 25 g 100% raw cacao powder
    a sweetener you can tolerate to taste I use drops of chocolate stevia.
    Add vanilla extract and almond extract to your taste.

Blend all together and place in a chocolates mold or a silicon ice cube tray will work too. I place some slivered almonds in the mold before adding the chocolate mix, as I like it better that way, and who doesn't want more almonds? Freeze.

You can also use melted Ghirardelli 100% bittersweet chocolate , again 25 grams if you don't have cacao powder available. Both are delicious. The ones made this way are not as easy to melt in your hand, Ghirardelli bars have already been tempered. But they will melt if you take along time eating those. The others, I always wrap in parchment paper or a napkin, as they are not tempered, so they melt down quickly.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    TBeverly49 wrote: »
    I'm back after about a year.. Need some recipes to get going and help at those times of cravings.

Try here.
  • Libellue23
    Libellue23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered cream cheese pancakes, I added a half teaspoon of golden flax seed flour and some water to bulk them. Wowee they are great
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that just googling ingredients I have on hand, plus the word "keto" brings up a lot of good recipes.