Hello everyone! Just joined you all!

Options
FrizzzB
FrizzzB Posts: 2 Member
I hope everyone is doing well! I am ready to get serious about getting healthy again. I had breast cancer back in 2015 and since then, I have been an "on again off again" sugar and alcohol addicted dieter. Hoping to lose about 15 or 20 pounds and focus on health and emotional well being. I have been given a second chance. There must be a reason. Let's do this!

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,974 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! :smiley:
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Many of us here are on our second chances. You're in good company.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Wellcome ... great to have you x
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Second, or third or fourth...as long as you never stop trying. :-)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling well!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @FrizzzB :):):)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @FrizzzB! Like you, I'm a breast cancer survivor - stage III, locally advanced, in remission (so far!) since treatment in 2000-2001. I started being more active soon after treatment (surgery, chemo, radiation, anti-estrogen drugs), recognizing that I must if I wanted ever to feel strong and happy again. Only later did I discover that regular exercise may have improved my chances of long-term remission. Weight loss, which also of course improves the odds, was as more recent thing (2015-16, at age 59/60).

Wishing you success in all your goals!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am a stage III breast cancer survivor too. Just completed treatment. Looking forward to having more people in the same boat. Feel free to add me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    sola24 wrote: »
    I am a stage III breast cancer survivor too. Just completed treatment. Looking forward to having more people in the same boat. Feel free to add me.

Well done sola24 you are an inspiration x