Introduction to the group (In case I missed where the INTRO thread is)

Options
krishino
krishino Posts: 6 Member
Hello,
My name is Kristina.
I've been doing strict keto for the last couple months, however, I've followed 2:1 protein to carb ratio diet (which is essentially ends up being low carb) for the past 4-5 yrs.

I've just been on a journey to figure out what actually works for me.

I'm pretty active and have an active career. I lift decently heavy, & do all types of functional training for my job/sport.

I'm here to get more info from ppl who have been keto for awhile, and to see what types of real life, regular folk changes that people experience. Fitness models are nothing to try to emulate. They get paid to look that way... to workout, to eat certain foods, to take certain supplements. Not what I'm interested in.

I look forward to being a part of the group.

Replies

• scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just started the KETO life myself to get rid of the extra carb energy I am carrying around. As a grandparent I want to enjoy playing with the kids, and living a full and active life. I have a few significant health issues, parting gifts from 20 years in the military, but hey I figure loosing the fat weight will make a great start on things. I look forward to learning & sharing along the way.
  • barbaraprudhomme
    barbaraprudhomme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting Keto too - looking forward to connecting and learning from others!
  • lorimarie406
    lorimarie406 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto and MFP. I would love to connect with others and figure out what the heck I am doing LOL
  • barbaraprudhomme
    barbaraprudhomme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’ve been attempting keto for the past couple of weeks with no results - going to really take a look at what I’m eating to simplify and figure everything out. Would love to connect with others who are just starting too! Need the help and support :
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, just starting the Keto journey too, so glad to have found a group of people with the same diet philosophy.