Dairy and Keto.

Options
TBeverly49
TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Hi. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things for Keto. How many carbs do most of you eat? Do you eat dairy? Doesn't that use up a lot of carbs?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I eat about 50 total per day. If I go over that a bit, I don't sweat is since my carbs are mostly vegetables.

I ate medically therapeutic keto for a year and kept carbs at 20. 50 is so much easier for me. I can have my vegetables and dairy too. I don't eat a lot of cheese but do eat Greek Yogurt (10 carbs, no fiber) and too much half and half in my too many mugs of decaf.

I planned to up my carbs but really haven't felt much need to. 50 accommodates both the vegetables I want and the dairy I want. My whole reason for having to diet 4 years ago was because I ate too much cake, cookies, ice cream and too many Cheetoes and chips. I've long known that broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage or even potatoes were not the cause of my fatness. YMMV.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    I try to keep mine at 20 or less. The dairy in my diet is HWC, butter and cheese.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    My carb limit is 40 carbs / day. Yes, I eat dairy. Unless you are eating the wrong kind of dairy (low fat, fat free), or possibly too much dairy, FULL FAT dairy like heavy whipping cream, whole milk quark (which I use in place of yogurt - I make it into protein puddings and also use it as an ingredients in other things I cook/bake), butter, various cheese (both hard and soft), 4% cottage cheese, full fat sour cream, etc. Butter and Heavy Whipping Cream are two of my favorite kinds of fat, right up there with bacon and cacao butter!
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I eat 20g net. I really missed yogurt so I have it twice a week again w a couple of boiled eggs. Plain Greek w cinnamon - I just have fewer carbs at my evening meal. Only eat twice a day. I have a lot to lose yet so am eating 0% yogurt and keeping my dietary fat on the medium side with similar protein so that I burn the fat I am carrying around. I still eat regular fat cheese but use 1/2 and 1/2 cream instead of full fat right now. Loosing about 2 lbs per week. Calories are at 1600. Sometimes I am under that and sometimes a little over.
  • JasonOnceAgain
    JasonOnceAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I aim for 20g give or take a few. My plan is LCLF so I don't have dairy. Without the fat, the plan averages about 700-1000 calories a day, it's also a very low calorie plan.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    My target is 1600 calories per day. Low carb high fat. 20 g carb target. It's working so far. Lost 38 lbs. in 25 weeks. I eat some dairy - mostly cheese.
  • klaak
    klaak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs to 20g or below. If I do go over that, it's only a teeny bit and due to more veggies which I don't sweat too much. I cannot tolerate any dairy.
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    20g carbs for me..and I eat a ton of dairy. Mostly cheese, butter, half & half, and sour cream. All full fat