Fall 2017 - Weigh-in #3 - Monday, September 25th

Options
Hello ladies! We've completed Week 3...YIPPY :# :

Starting weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Total loss:

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week?

Did you stick to your goals last week?

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing?

Best meal:
Worst meal:
Best snack:
Worst snack:

Replies

• shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Loss of 3+

My head is not even close to being ready to concentrate on me yet. I did lose weight, most of my vacation weight, but not the way I wanted to that's for sure. Losing a parent is hard no matter how old you are.

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Loss of 3+

My head is not even close to being ready to concentrate on me yet. I did lose weight, most of my vacation weight, but not the way I wanted to that's for sure. Losing a parent is hard no matter how old you are.

Concentrate on the important things right now and if this has to take a back burner so be it. Prayers for you and your family.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Weigh-in #2: 199.0
    Weigh-in #3: 201.4
    This week change loss: +2.4
    Total Loss: -.2

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Time of the month and I went completely off the rails. Ate terribly basically all week. Water weight gain from all the takeout. Ugh.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Nope! lol. But I did start taking my Iron and Vitamin D and am feeling much better already.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Now that I'm feeling better, back to regular exercise. Continue with the vitamins and really make an effort to get more protein each day. Don't let one bad meal or snack derail me all week.

Best meal: Oatmeal, chicken with veges
    Worst meal: Chinese food, leftover Chinese food, Taco Bell, ate Barkthins snacking chocolate dark chocolate with pumpkin seed and sea salt for lunch one day. Terrible, I know!!!!
    Best snack: banana, greek yogurt
    Worst snack: Blueberry muffin

I'm ready to shake last week off and start new. I feel better when I eat better.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Loss of 3+

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Starting weight: 131
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I was less depressed; my back is healing up; I went through the motions pretty well despite not "feeling it." But the weekend was a wash. I feel it was a break-even week. Today however I am happy because my motivation has returned!

I've been letting life get the better of me. I want to grow up and get stronger by practicing more willpower, and by keeping a better mentality about life. I have to regain control of my kitchen, my food choices, and my priorities at home.

Exercise, yes; calories, once again, no. I'm embarrassed. Which is good - I will let that motivate me!

- I'll cook dinner and eat homemade food every weeknight this week. My family can do takeout separately if they want.
    - I'm on track for 3 days of lifting at the gym. I jogged a little today and I'm on the elliptical at my lunch break right now. My back is much improved! So I'll aim to work my jogs back in. My brain really benefits from my trail jogs, I think.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 150.1
    Weigh-in #1: 148.2
    Weigh-in #2: 146.9
    Weigh in #3: 144.1
    Loss this week: 2.8 lbs
    Total Loss: 6.0 lbs
    Goal weight: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: to lose 1.5 per week, total of 18 lbs.

I was a little frustrated last week, and a little nervous my weight loss was slowing down significantly, even though I knew it was water weight from a high sodium Chinese food meal. But was great to see by Thursday I was down 2 pounds and lost another .8 by Monday. I am ahead of my target of 1.5 lbs per week, and beginning to think about how to handle maintenance when these last 12 pounds are gone.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I worked out more, and I tried to walk when I could. The weather has taken a really nice turn this week, so walking has been a pleasure.

Did you stick to your goals last week? I ate lunch out once this week, and ate the rest of my meals at home. I am actually really surprised how disciplined I am this time. I don't even buy things like pistachios or crackers that I can be tempted to snack on. The one weird thing that I came to terms with this week was throwing out food. So, my husband I had steak the other night. I had budgeted to have 6 ozs. My steak was 8 oz. I really struggled with what to do. I wanted to cut off the 2 ozs so I would know what I could eat, but what to do with the 2 ozs? It would be silly to cook that tiny piece on the grill and my husband had a 10 oz steak, so he had plenty. I decided to guiltily throw it away. But then I thought, if I had not thrown it away, I would have eaten it. Then I still would not have had the extra steak, and I would be over my calories for the day. Silly, but that was a huge step for me.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Yes, so I started this diet on the Medifast plan, somewhat. I ate their 5 Medifast meals a day, then ate mostly meat and vegetables to get up to 1200 calories. After I lost 30 pounds I went down to only 4 Medifast meals and added more calories to my dinner. This week I am going down to 3 Medifast meals a day and adding the calories to my lunch. My plan is to stick to the 3 meals until I reach my goal weight then to wean myself from the other three meals, starting with breakfast.

Best meal: Pan fried porkchops, sauteed cabbage and green beans and tomatoes
    Worst meal: chicken and broccoli; I am sick of this meal. I don't even like broccoli any more.
    Best snack: I know this is weird, but my snack is to watch the food network channel. It is so satisfying to watch others make delicious meals and judges describe the taste. You would think that would make me hungrier, but it doesn't. My favorites are Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives and Beat Bobby Flay. Chopped is pretty good too!
    Worst snack: I am not snacking in real life right now... but I am still dreaming... jalapeno peepers filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon, nachos, chicken quesadillas with green peppers and onions.... YUMMM!
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 143
    Weigh-in 1: 142
    Weigh-in 2: 142.4
    Weigh-in 3: 141.6

I was tighter with my logging than I was last week but not as good as I could be... that being said I’m traveling for a wedding this weekend so I honestly probably won’t work too hard to tighten up my logging this week...
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I was SO unsuccessful last. The excuses I made were that it was my son's birthday and many of life's stressors were getting to me. I ate Raising Cane's, Taco Bell and had soda. Booooo

I only worked out for 3 days...lifted Mon & Thurs and walked pushing the stroller on Tues. My eating was out of control.

I WILL go back to eating what I know I'm supposed to and plan to workout 5/6 days this week. I do recognize I need rest days to recover though. I weigh-in on Sunday so it's important I stay focused.

Best meal: pork loin and a baked sweet potato
    Worst meal: pizza and wings and cake and ice cream
    Best snack: banana chips, mozzarella cheese, dried cranberries, white chocolate, walnuts
    Worst snack: fruit snacks (I need to stop eating my son's Kellogg's snacks!!!)

I'm hoping I at least maintained my weight. I have been so inconsistent this entire month with what I am supposed to be doing.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Weigh-in #2: 199.0
    Weigh-in #3: 201.4
    This week change loss: +2.4
    Total Loss: -.2

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Time of the month and I went completely off the rails. Ate terribly basically all week. Water weight gain from all the takeout. Ugh.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Nope! lol. But I did start taking my Iron and Vitamin D and am feeling much better already.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Now that I'm feeling better, back to regular exercise. Continue with the vitamins and really make an effort to get more protein each day. Don't let one bad meal or snack derail me all week.

Best meal: Oatmeal, chicken with veges
    Worst meal: Chinese food, leftover Chinese food, Taco Bell, ate Barkthins snacking chocolate dark chocolate with pumpkin seed and sea salt for lunch one day. Terrible, I know!!!!
    Best snack: banana, greek yogurt
    Worst snack: Blueberry muffin

I'm ready to shake last week off and start new. I feel better when I eat better.

This is something positive to celebrate. I too am ready to move on from last week's disaster.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Starting weight: 131
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I was less depressed; my back is healing up; I went through the motions pretty well despite not "feeling it." But the weekend was a wash. I feel it was a break-even week. Today however I am happy because my motivation has returned!

I've been letting life get the better of me. I want to grow up and get stronger by practicing more willpower, and by keeping a better mentality about life. I have to regain control of my kitchen, my food choices, and my priorities at home.

Exercise, yes; calories, once again, no. I'm embarrassed. Which is good - I will let that motivate me!

- I'll cook dinner and eat homemade food every weeknight this week. My family can do takeout separately if they want.
    - I'm on track for 3 days of lifting at the gym. I jogged a little today and I'm on the elliptical at my lunch break right now. My back is much improved! So I'll aim to work my jogs back in. My brain really benefits from my trail jogs, I think.

I'm with you on this one. I'm not succumbing to whatever everyone else in the house has going on. We can do this!
  • LynnJ9
    Options
    Loss of 3+

I am so sorry, my condolences to you and your family.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I was SO unsuccessful last. The excuses I made were that it was my son's birthday and many of life's stressors were getting to me. I ate Raising Cane's, Taco Bell and had soda. Booooo

I only worked out for 3 days...lifted Mon & Thurs and walked pushing the stroller on Tues. My eating was out of control.

I WILL go back to eating what I know I'm supposed to and plan to workout 5/6 days this week. I do recognize I need rest days to recover though. I weigh-in on Sunday so it's important I stay focused.

Best meal: pork loin and a baked sweet potato
    Worst meal: pizza and wings and cake and ice cream
    Best snack: banana chips, mozzarella cheese, dried cranberries, white chocolate, walnuts
    Worst snack: fruit snacks (I need to stop eating my son's Kellogg's snacks!!!)

I'm hoping I at least maintained my weight. I have been so inconsistent this entire month with what I am supposed to be doing.

Love the determination for this new week! I'm with you on sticking to the tried and true plan and working out hard - well, just hard enough! It's a fine balance, all of it.

@shangrilamama I am so sorry for your loss.

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Logging in a day late this week - yesterday I was on a plane! I visited my parents down in NC (they just moved there) over the weekend, so of course my eating went out the window. Oh well, it was worth it, and I’ll buckle down again this week.

Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2
    This week's loss: +1.0
    Total Loss: -0.2

I am sure I gained a few ounces, but I don’t think it’s actually a full pound of weight gain. I didn’t eat THAT much this weekend. I think it’s partially water weight, plus I was actually a little constipated this weekend too - added some magnesium to my regimen last night, which should hopefully help.

As anticipated, I was not very successful last week. I ate fine during the week and went to the gym, but during the weekend I blew it all. I ate too much, and indulged in snacks that I would normally never touch. But, I think it was worth it to me to enjoy my time with family, even if it momentarily slowed my process.

Best meal: the best TASTING meal I had was pork shank with mashed potatoes ... the best FOR ME meal I had was probably one of my usual workday meals, salad for lunch or protein shake breakfast.

Worst meal: Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwich :neutral: Airport food sucks.

Best snack: an apple

Worst snack: Pretzels/chips. SO much cheese. Ice cream. Brownies. Wine.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 219.4
    Weigh-in #1:219.4
    Weigh-in #2:218.2
    Weigh-in #3:218.2
    Total loss:1.2

Feeling pretty defeated...to be at a complete standstill after a week that you feel you did decent at is not fun. Perhaps my sodium is to blame...looking on the past couple days my sodium intake was higher than it should have been and maybe my water intake was low. Whatever the case....here is hoping for a loss next weigh in!
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 138
    Weigh-in #1: 138
    Weigh-in #2: 139
    Weigh-in #3: 137
    Total loss: 1 pound

I logged all of my calories and didn't go over, even when I ate snacks late at night.

Yes, for food. No, for exercise. My goal is to exercise 30 minutes every day, walking not included. I skipped 2 days. Last week was emotionally tough for me. I decided to leave my job, which I used to love. Nothing like @shangrilamama though. Very sorry for your loss.

I plan to focus on my exercise more.

Best meal: Sherry glazed carrots. Yum!
    Worst meal: Nothing too bad, really
    Best snack: Almond butter
    Worst snack: Frosted flakes at 2 am
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's been challenging the last couple weeks because my fiance was sick and I was fighting off getting sick too. So I laid low for a while. Then I was aiming to get back into my workout routine last week but so sore from my trainer's session. I was like damn! But it was good.

I'm not stretching as much as I need to considering what I'm doing as my workouts. I'm going to work on that this week and get in some yoga. I'm also happy I've done my trainer's homework circuit 2x this past week while she's away. TRX is tomorrow.

Cooking has been pretty good. Tried out some new recipes. I made some tasty energy balls which I'm planning on eating when I want something sweet without having super processed sugar. I've been eating chocolate and chips every work day :(

Changes for the next 5 days:
    • Get to TRX
    • No chips or chocolate at work
    • yoga 1x
    • walk on the beach (going away for the weekend)
    • get some much needed rest (sleep has been off lately)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2
    This week's loss: +1.0

I am sure I gained a few ounces, but I don’t think it’s actually a full pound of weight gain. I didn’t eat THAT much this weekend. I think it’s partially water weight, plus I was actually a little constipated this weekend too - added some magnesium to my regimen last night, which should hopefully help.

Weighed myself this morning and I was back down to 113.2. Whew! The water weight is finally gone, and the magnesium did its job. Fingers crossed I can lose 0.2 by Saturday to make my September goal, and then onto October!
  • LynnJ9
    Options
    mscote12 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 219.4
    Weigh-in #1:219.4
    Weigh-in #2:218.2
    Weigh-in #3:218.2
    Total loss:1.2

Feeling pretty defeated...to be at a complete standstill after a week that you feel you did decent at is not fun. Perhaps my sodium is to blame...looking on the past couple days my sodium intake was higher than it should have been and maybe my water intake was low. Whatever the case....here is hoping for a loss next weigh in!

I could be that you just weighed on a high day. Hang in there, it will pay off.
This discussion has been closed.