Slowing of Loss/Plateau

Options
So I think I've hit my first plateau doing keto. Normally my trend has been lose, lose, gain, gain, whoosh (a good loss), lose, lose, gain, lose etc. The gains were never siginificant, a few ounces here and there. This week it was whoosh (I actually saw 146.8), gain, gain, gain, stayed the same, gain, gain. Now I am up almost 2 lbs.(at 148.2). I haven't done my measures, I'll do those on the first. Anyone have any ideas of what's going on? I haven't been working out because I had surgery on my feet three weeks ago, but may try light workouts starting today. And I may need to decrease my carbs as I've been closer to 40 total carbs than 30 (but still under 30 net), and I'm still in ketosis per the keto stix. Any ideas?

Replies

• debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @kpk54 thanks for the input. I've been given the all clear to resume life as tolerated. I had painful bone spurs and bunions taken off of both big toes. I actually only spent 4 days on the couch because if I sit too long, everything else starts hurting. It could still be slight inflammation, I didn't think of that. And what I'm going to say now is a contrast but I do and don't focus on the scale. I have an app that I track my daily weight on so that helps me to see trends like this one. On the other hand, I weigh and go. The gain doesn't derail me, it's just a number. It took me a long time to get to that place. That is why this 5 day gain was a little more dosconcerting to me. Since beginning keto it's been more of the lose, whoosh, ounce gain, lose pattern but never a consistent gain pattern. I do track my exercises but I don't use them for calorie convenience nor do I eat them back. Thank you again. I know it will pass. It's just always frustrating to not know where or if you need to tweak things.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    If you have a solid 2 years of doing everything right, the scale may still not move.
    Don't let the scale rule you. It's not a good measure of fat loss.
    7tthlp86240s.jpg
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I have had two significant (to me) plateaus in my 11 month experience with this WOE. The first was 6 weeks, but I knew something was going on because it seemed as if I had to buy a new pair of pants every time I turned around. I exaggerate a little, but I lost 5 inches on my waist measurement in that 6 weeks - no kidding.

The last plateau was about a month, and I could not tell that anything else was going on. I did start having people say things like "You have lost weight and look great." Maybe I had things tighten up a little in the face or something. I figure the WOE is still working even if you are not seeing evidence on the scales.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @tinaalvarado29 - Check this out for motivation, too.