Lentils

Options
Trader Joe's Lentils it's good for Keto ?
Carbs 30 -
Dietary FBR 14-
SolubleFRB 3-
InsolubleFRB 11
Net Carbs will be 2 ?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Net carbs = 3. 14-11=3. Actually, I'm guessing "3" is what you meant to type (versus 2).

It is the insoluble fiber that passes though the digestive tract without an effect on blood glucose levels.
    Angel2111 wrote: »
    Trader Joe's Lentils it's good for Keto ?
    Carbs 30 -
    Dietary FBR 14-
    SolubleFRB 3-
    InsolubleFRB 11
    Net Carbs will be 2 ?

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wouldn't that be 30-11? Being 19 net carbs?

Or 30-14 = 16 net carbs?

The 3 of soluble fiber and the 11 of insoluble fiber are what make up the 14 of total dietary fiber. The remaining 16 grams of carbs are from starches, natural sugars, etc., if I had to guess.
  • kpk54
    Options
    LOL. Yes. @KnitOrMiss. I'm GUESSING you are correct. I completely overlooked the top line of 30 total carbs. Perhaps, since I personally count total carbs, I should keep my fingers off the keyboard with questions regarding net carbs. :p;)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    In general lentils and most beans are higher in carbs than I can budget for. I was able to find black soybeans at Fresh Market and picked up a can of those to use in a Mexican dish I have coming up, so I will report back on the taste.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss is correct with 16 net carbs.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I ordered black soybeans online...unfortunately when they arrived, they turned out to be for planting or sprouting, not eating...who knew...I guess I will try sprouting them...I love sprouts on my salads anyway...
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I love the black soybeans!
  • kpk54
    Options
    Another thumbs up to Black Soybeans. To me they have a taste and texture to a pinto bean.
  • Angel2111
    Angel2111 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I added all Fiber and minus Carbs .
    Only dietary Fiber make up Net Carbs ?
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Angel2111 wrote: »
    I added all Fiber and minus Carbs .
    Only dietary Fiber make up Net Carbs ?

Dietary fiber is insoluble and soluble fiber combined. They just give you a breakdown of fiber that makes up the dietary fiber, if that makes sense. Kind of like total fat being broken down into different fats like mono and saturated.