Mini Goal Challenge - Week of Oct 2nd to 8th

Options
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

*** SOME INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO PUMP US UP THIS WEEK ***

“ When one door closes, another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us.” — Alexander Graham Bell

“ There is no one giant step that does it. It’s a lot of little steps.” — Peter A. Cohen

“Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” -– Will Rogers

“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” — Frank A. Clark

:smiley: HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND REMEMBER, IT IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION, BUT CONSISTENCY :smiley:

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello Warriors!!

Well this week I am going to drop the WW blue dot days. I think I have that habit down pretty good now. I need to get at least 5 to 6 days to have a good week and I have been pretty consistent with that for some time now. If I start to digress I will add again but for now I am going to drop it and add sleep.

Not sure if I should add a bed time or amount of time. I think amount of time does not work as well as making a specific time to be in the bed by. If I make a specific time to be in bed by then I will get the 7 hrs I am looking for. What are you all thoughts on that? I am going to start with 11:30 for now and work myself back to 11:00 if needed and if I am able to get in the bed before then good.

Have a great week Everyone!! and check in often!! :smiley:

Goals week of 10/2/17:
    1) Turn TV off by 11:00 - 0/3
    2) Be in bed by 11:30 – 0/3
    3) No fast food - 0/6
    4) No junk food – 0/6
    5) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    * Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in -)

887823.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I did well last week, but need to do it again until it becomes habit. Plus one.

1. Take snacks to gym.
    2. Plan ahead meals for heavy exercise days.
    3. Plan a treat for each week.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm in for this week, great group. Thank you for setting it up, @IsMollyReallyHungry

Goals for week of 9/25:
    - 5 days with some kind of exercise
    - No added sugars or substitutes (except 1 tbsp molasses)
    - 2L water per day
    - Min 2 servings of vegetables EVERY day

I'm dropping the iron goal because I've made it a pretty solid habit. I'm doing well with water and sugar, too (only had added sugar about 3 times since Aug 7) and but after decades of doing really badly at both those things I need to keep an eye on them.

I did well with exercise last week, but that was not usual for me.

Adding: I need to be more mindful of getting vegetables. This is embarrassing because I'm a VEGETARIAN on a DIET. You'd think veggies would be a no-brainer but not so much, lol. Some days I have tons but some days I stretch to count tomato sauce as a vegetable. Two servings still really isn't enough but baby steps.
  • StepWise123
    StepWise123 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Exercise of any type for 30 minutes everyday. Focus on meal planning.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    I did well last week, but need to do it again until it becomes habit. Plus one.

1. Take snacks to gym.

Monday - ate planned meals - done.
    Planned treat - pastry at Czech festival Saturday.
  • ElephantMe1980
    ElephantMe1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just need too get too a Gym. I do food preps Every night and Log my water in Everyday
  • ldjames69
    ldjames69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Lissa. I came across your group and felt the idea of mini goals was great. Sunday through Saturday is my schedule. Below are the goals I would like to focus on. I have been slacking off for a few weeks and need to get back in it.

1. Workout at least 4 times a week.
    2. Plan my meals for the week and follow the plan. (Done for this week)
    3. Drink at least 4 bottles of water.
    4. Make my step goals each day.

I think these are a good start for me.

Good luck with your goals!
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Goals for week of 9/25:
    1) 5 days with some kind of exercise
    2) No added sugars or substitutes
    (except 1 tbsp molasses)
    3) 2L water per day
    4) Min 2 servings of vegetables EVERY day

For 10/2:
    Exercise 1/7 walked/ran 2 miles
    No sugar 1/7
    Water 1/7
    Vegetables 1/7 three servings today (1 fruit)
  • brendabrain1
    brendabrain1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group. I am struggling to lose 40 lbs. I have lost 10 of that, so 30 to go. But I have been stuck at the 10 lbs loss for 2 to 3 weeks. I need something like this to check in. Looking forword to being part of this group and thanks for sestting it up!

Goals for week of 10/1:
    1) Gym or some other exercise 4 days a week.
    2) Increase steps to at least 7500 daily
    3) Increase water to 64 oz daily
    4) Reduce carbs to less than 100 grams
    5) Be more mindful; am I really hungry when I reach for even a healthy snack or thirsty?
    6) Sleep 7 hours each night
  • 17walk
    17walk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week
    1-Start logging
    2- Step count to 5000 daily
    3-Water drink every 2 hrs.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Everyone and welcome to New members!! Hope you like the group and find making mini goals and checking in helpful to your journey :smile:

The turning TV off early is working! last night got and Sunday night got in over 7 hours of sleep. I read my bible before 11:30 and was in bed on time.

I had fast food yesterday and it was not even worth the calories :smile: but the good thing is I had it in moderation. :smile: & I still lost weight today -- I weigh daily! :smiley: I went into the next decade and now I want to stick it! I am soooo excited because I have not been this weight in years. I weighed myself 3 times to make sure and the scale did not even bounce. 3 times it was the exact same weight. So goal is to stay in this decade and to keep going downward. I want to see if I can get to the next decade by my doctors visit on the 28th.

btw - my MFP weight (and ticker) is what I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Mondays - yesterday I lost another 2 pounds at my weigh in at WW.

Goals week of 10/2/17:
    1) Turn TV off by 11:00 - 1/3
    2) Be in bed by 11:30 – 1/3
    3) No fast food - 0/6
    4) No junk food – 1/6
    5) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    * W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in -)

887823.png

• cjsacto
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Goals for week of 9/25:
    1) 5 days with some kind of exercise
    2) No added sugars or substitutes
    (except 1 tbsp molasses)
    3) 2L water per day
    4) Min 2 servings of vegetables EVERY day

For 10/3:
    -- Exercise: 2/7 walked/ran 1 mile
    -- No sugar: 1/7... I DID have sugar today. :/ A friend had given me some sample tea powder packets and I tried one today without realizing it was sweetened. Of course I realized as soon as I took a sip but it was so good I drank it anyway. Sooooo good. (Luckily there are no more of that kind.) Also, I ate out and had Szechuan sauce, which I now realize typically has sugar.
    -- Water: 2/7
    -- Vegetables: 2/7 tons today, went to a place where you load up your plate and they stir fry it for you, I piled high with 8 kinds of veggies.

The sugar thing is a big deal to me. My rules allow one serving of fruit juice, molasses, dates, and bread/pasta/rice. (Not that I have all of those every day.) I've been reducing sugar since January (with some massive sugar days since then), and have "quit" sugar since early August. My longest actual streak of no sugar is 16 days.
  • cjsacto
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Congrats on the loss. Doesn't it feel kind of good to realize fast food doesn't taste as good or is as satisfying as healthy food, and that it can be eaten without having too much?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm late getting started this week, but it works because I'll be out of town this weekend and into next week for fall break, so I probably won't be able to post my NEXT weekly goals until next Wednesday anyhoo.

You never fail until you stop trying. (Einstein)
    A year from now you may wish you had started today. (Karen Lamb)
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. (Winston Churchill)

Goals for the week:

1. In bed by 9:30 on weeknights.
    2. Gym Sunday, Wednesday, Friday.
    3. Prep breakfast and lunch for the next day each day.
    4. Plan/pack meals and snacks FOR DISNEY WORLD!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?)
    5. 10 push-ups daily.
    6. Log everything.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys Love the quotes - I know I've seen them before, but each time I think - yes, start TODAY!! And Keep Trying! I am off work this week, and it's been busy. It's interesting because I still have a hard time giving myself what I need - I feel I must accomplish things before I do this. And then I thought how much better I would feel if I inverted this to doing something (like go workout, eat a great breakfast, meditate) FIRST - and then do the rest - how I would feel great all day. So I am going to try this. Have a good week!

MOLLY!!! How was the dance? I love that you won the battle of the chips just by checking in with your points - and seeing what was available, and then deciding, not today. You are seeing the big picture for sure - and clearly the new decade is your payoff. Congrats!!

@brendabrain1 Welcome to the group. You have a lot of wonderful goals - love the mindfulness one around eating. I often will snack due to boredom or something. I should just do push ups instead LOL Good luck this week.

Lissa - @ldjames69 Great goals! And welcome to this group - it's a good forum for getting unstuck. Breaking it down into manageable days. Check in as much as you can - and let us know how you're doing.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My goals this week - posting late, and leaving Friday to camp for the Thanksgiving weekend -

1) Pack great, healthy meals for the camping trip - / calories per day
    2) Workout today and tomorrow
    3) Log snacks and drinks - maximum of 300 calories daily of these extras
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    ]I did well last week, but need to do it again until it becomes habit. Plus one.

1. Take snacks to gym.

Monday - ate planned meals - done.
    Planned treat - pastry at Czech festival Saturday.
    Tuesday - ate 2 snacks on way home, struggled, but in the end, I won!
    Good meals, goal calories + about 1/3 exercise calories, only a couple
    Of poor choice snacks

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    MOLLY!!! How was the dance? I love that you won the battle of the chips just by checking in with your points - and seeing what was available, and then deciding, not today. You are seeing the big picture for sure - and clearly the new decade is your payoff. Congrats!!
    Thanks Julie! The dance was awesome!! I did good there too. did not go back for 2nd's. Danced a bit, walked the room and was a social butterfly. felt great wearing new dress that I could not wear in June. Great night indeed!

Love you goals!! Have a great camping weekend B)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    cjsacto wrote: »
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Congrats on the loss. Doesn't it feel kind of good to realize fast food doesn't taste as good or is as satisfying as healthy food, and that it can be eaten without having too much?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.