Coffee and what goes in...

Options

Replies

• claudeCH67
    claudeCH67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was you! For 35 years. May I kindly ask why you drink decaf? I now used to make my Matcha Tea in the morning. It's not that strong, it digest the caffeine slower into the blood. It's a daily ritual and I really enjoy the ME time in the morning. I drink from time to time an espresso after a meal or before training sessions. No sugar, no oil, no cream. Just straight ..... maybe it's easier for me because I don't consume sugar at all ( a bit of fruits ). Good luck - you will find a way that suits you. It takes about 2-3 months to change a habit profoundly. Some do it right away, others go step by step. You'll get there - I'm sure!
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee right now. ;)

I'm sipping De La Gente coffee from Guatemala. My roommate actually knows the coffee farmer and for Christmas he had the farmer ship out some for me. :blush:
    87ctju682or4.jpeg

I'm also nibbling on some dark chocolate. It's a lovely evening!
    k3yqlip9o9gs.jpeg

I feel like I'm a fingernail away from actualization.

ok i'm jealous.
  • dadsafrantic
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Does anyone have any creamer substitutes that do not require refrigeration? I have my coffee at work and we are not allowed to keep things in the office fridge long term. Remembering to bring coffee creamer every day is just not worth the hassle.

time to quit. or fire the boss.
  • dadsafrantic
    Options
    i guess i'm going black. at least i'll give it a try. i don't want to replace something lovely with a less lovely substitute. that's ;\like wearing pleather. thanks but i'll go black and wear hemp clothes.
  • cheryl3cats
    cheryl3cats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time posting on the forums. I'm very serious about my coffee and mostly brew Starbucks French Roast and typically had it with organic half and half. My chiropractor shared this genius method with me that makes coffee taste great and helps avoid dairy. Brew hot coffee, place in a blender (or use and immersion blender), and add half Tbsp. to a full Tbsp. solid coconut oil to the hot coffee. Blend briefly. (Cover blender cover with a dish towel to be safe.) It blends up like a latte and tastes great!
  • tiffhenn13
    tiffhenn13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it's CoffeeMate that now has almond and coconut milk-based creamers. They aren't necessarily "clean" but they are dairy free and the best I've tasted as far as dairy free creamers go...

Also, Swerve is a good alternative to traditional sugar and tastes better (to me) than granulated Stevia.
  • mermaid1890
    mermaid1890 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1. There are a lot of awesome options here. I especially encourage spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cayenne, turmeric) and extracts (vanilla, literally every nut, make your own with vodka) as great flavors
    2. Having good beans makes a huge difference in acidity, which is why people add milk in the first place. Research brewing styles helps also
    3. And now my added bit: I'm currently on low fodmap and the only sweetener really allowed for me is maple syrup, which was a nice surprise because a month ago (pre-low fodmap, lots of loose stools) while on a trip to Burlington I discovered that drinking full fat lattes with maple syrup (aka a Vermont Latte) made coffee MUCH easier on my stomach. I normally only have matcha with honey and no coffee except on some weekends, but I work a couple of weeks every year as a travel nanny and always allow myself as many caffeinated beverages and I feel I need to keep up with the kids (3 and 6). After that trip I switched to one matcha with honey and one coffee with 1/2 T maple syrup (preferably "dark amber" or "grade b"). Now on low fodmap I rely on a plain matcha plus an iced coffee with 1/2 T maple syrup to get through my day with enough energy. I have been tested for lactose intolerance, dairy allergy, and both are negative; I also usually see improved symptoms with one glass of stove-top heated warm milk if I have an upset stomach. If you suspect dairy is an issue for you I HIGHLY recommend getting tested for both the allergy and the tolerance. They also just started offering A2 milk in the USA a couple years ago and I've heard anecdotally that it is great for people who have neither issue but struggle with milk.

Sorry for the essay, I hope it helps!
  • HairTie1
    HairTie1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    nielsonfam wrote: »
    I tried adding a small bit of coconut oil to my coffee but it didn't really mix in well - is there a particular brand that works better for this?

Coffee is water so pure oils will never mix with it. You need to add an emulsifier along with the coconut oil if you want it to truly mix. However, finding a "clean eating" emulsifier isn't easy. I heard a podcast recently where the guest (Dr. Tommy Woods) said that he blends an egg yolk (pasture raised of course) with MCT oil and then adds it to his coffee. Normally the yolk would cook when you add it, but he said it emulsifies the MCT oil and the combination doesn't cook. Presumably, you could do the same thing with coconut oil. I haven't tried it yet.

I've had great luck with my Nutribullet, butter, and coconut oil. Put fresh coffee in, add microwaved (hot enough to melt) butter and coconut oil, blend, wallah! Buttery, creamy, foamy, deliciously fatty coffee.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    1. There are a lot of awesome options here. I especially encourage spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cayenne, turmeric) and extracts (vanilla, literally every nut, make your own with vodka) as great flavors
    2. Having good beans makes a huge difference in acidity, which is why people add milk in the first place. Research brewing styles helps also
    3. And now my added bit: I'm currently on low fodmap and the only sweetener really allowed for me is maple syrup, which was a nice surprise because a month ago (pre-low fodmap, lots of loose stools) while on a trip to Burlington I discovered that drinking full fat lattes with maple syrup (aka a Vermont Latte) made coffee MUCH easier on my stomach. I normally only have matcha with honey and no coffee except on some weekends, but I work a couple of weeks every year as a travel nanny and always allow myself as many caffeinated beverages and I feel I need to keep up with the kids (3 and 6). After that trip I switched to one matcha with honey and one coffee with 1/2 T maple syrup (preferably "dark amber" or "grade b"). Now on low fodmap I rely on a plain matcha plus an iced coffee with 1/2 T maple syrup to get through my day with enough energy. I have been tested for lactose intolerance, dairy allergy, and both are negative; I also usually see improved symptoms with one glass of stove-top heated warm milk if I have an upset stomach. If you suspect dairy is an issue for you I HIGHLY recommend getting tested for both the allergy and the tolerance. They also just started offering A2 milk in the USA a couple years ago and I've heard anecdotally that it is great for people who have neither issue but struggle with milk.

Sorry for the essay, I hope it helps!

I love the name "Vermont Latte" and it sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
  • natlock
    natlock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Ripple? Not the stuff you may remember. It's pea milk and it delicious. Be careful of the sweetened vanilla. It my favorite but has 130 cals per cup. Go with the regular unsweetened. Good stuff
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I still drink my coffee, but changed the coffee that I drink. I drink and sell Organo Gold coffee. It half the caffeine most caffeinated coffee's have and health benefits. Message me if you want to know more. I love this coffee and only have one cup a day.
  • hikecampgal
    hikecampgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to switch to black coffee too (right now I'm using 1/2 tbsp of double-double creamer). But the only option I have for making coffee at work is with a Keurig. Any suggestions for a brand of coffee for that??
  • annlayne1975
    annlayne1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Nutpods and Stevia. https://www.nutpods.com/
  • domjanjanosistvan
    Options
    Szia ! Én Ganodermás kévét fogyasztok :)duvqwhmulx34.jpg

Akit érdekel írjon rám :)
  • domjanjanosistvan
    Options
    2cs00oyufcv4.jpg
  • domjanjanosistvan
    Options
  • domjanjanosistvan
    Options
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I saw coconut water , great answer. Also, using coconut water after the coffee is made can start weaning you off of adding anything to your coffee. I got so determined to drink balck coffee that I would be pouring cups down the drain because I didn't like it black, LOL. That did two things; it cut down my consumption and eventually led me to drink black coffee. Now if someone can help me quit altogether!!!
  • Joannetv1960
    Joannetv1960 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put skin milk & 1/2 sugar in my coffee. I have 2 coffee a day. It keep me from eating too much when I'm tired. Only milk I drink. I love soya milk in cereal but just can't with coffee.
  • JoanJanis
    JoanJanis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hemp milk or cashew milk? These are WAY better to me than rice or soy. I also lighten my coffee.