Coffee and what goes in...

Options

Replies

• OHYEAH1967
    OHYEAH1967 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok whats the deal with adding coconut oil in your coffee? does that make your coffee taste better? i am presently using Coffee Mate french its 35 cal per 1Tbs yikes
  • carabiebernoyes
    carabiebernoyes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk for creamer and stevia to sweeten.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @OHYEAH1967
    Coconut Oil is Superior in Enhancing Nutrient Absorption
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/20/coconut-oil-and-saturated-fats.aspx

ozax2qel708m.png

http://thecoconutmama.com/coconut-oil-coffee/

Changes in hormones caused by unsaturated fats can damage the thyroid. ... Instead, coconut oil helps the thyroid gland to function normally, and it helps people meet and stay at their ideal weight. Coconut oil also stimulates metabolism therefore promoting weight loss.

xcoconutoil_weightloss.png.pagespeed.ic.omgNBqGtWD.jpg

http://www.coconutpleasures.com/how-to-boost-your-energy.html
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make espresso and pour it over ice. It dilutes it enough so that it's still strong but needs nothing added.
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    dietbepsi wrote: »
    Coconut cream and three drops of Doterra cinnamon essential oil and blended! That's key

This sounds nice. I might get some cinnamon essential oil

• aqwahue
    aqwahue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almond milk an coconut oil mixes wells n tastes great in coffee..
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I tried adding a small bit of coconut oil to my coffee but it didn't really mix in well - is there a particular brand that works better for this?
  • TwntyOnePointTwo
    TwntyOnePointTwo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow so interesting to read the responses for Coconut oil and/or cream etc.. Must try! So for me I quit adding cream and sugar to my coffee cold turkey. What I do now that has worked for me is add 1 Tsp of Cinnamon to the bottom of my cup, add foamed 1% dairy (although you mentioned you quit dairy) to thicken it and add a nice rich, creamy, Latte like texture and I haven't once missed cream and sugar since! :o ha ha
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sharon009 wrote: »
    I trained myself to drink black coffee. I have found though that most coffee is bad and needs the sweetener and/or cream. I find that a good organic coffee has no bitter after taste, therefore easier to drink black. My current favorite is Jim's Organic Costa Rican blend. A good, single origin, light roasted organic coffee helps.
    This. While I haven't made the full switch to black every time, going to a good organic coffee made it much easier to drop the sugar completely (diehard former Timmy's double/double here) and reduce to 1 tbsp of half and half cream only. I do drink it black once in a while though. The quality of the coffee makes all the difference and the shade grown organic beans are absolutely worth every penny. The Bulk Barn here in Canada carries two different varieties so you can buy any amount you want and grind it to any consistency right on site. I recommend buying whole beans, grinding up a few days worth at a time and storing the rest properly.

• 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Coconut cream. You'll be able to skip the sugar too. :)

Coconut cream is actually Coconut Butter that has been watered down. I just stir in a heaped teaspoon of Coconut Butter into my double shot espresso. It's still an acquired taste, but I'm enjoying it!

....and Coconut Oil does not have the Coconut Meat in it, so the Coconut Butter or Coconut Cream is better for you as there are some nutrients as well as the saturated fat.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    nielsonfam wrote: »
    I tried adding a small bit of coconut oil to my coffee but it didn't really mix in well - is there a particular brand that works better for this?

I just add a teaspoon of organic coconut oil and a teaspoon of organic grass-fed butter I I use Kerrygold brand) to my hot coffee then blend it up with my immersion blender or my bullet. It incorporates everything well and makes a nice creamy blend of coffee with a frothy top!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee right now. ;)

I'm sipping De La Gente coffee from Guatemala. My roommate actually knows the coffee farmer and for Christmas he had the farmer ship out some for me. :blush:
    87ctju682or4.jpeg

I'm also nibbling on some dark chocolate. It's a lovely evening!
    k3yqlip9o9gs.jpeg

I feel like I'm a fingernail away from actualization.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    homemade coconut milk and sometimes with added date paste and cacao nibs.
  • jillDob
    jillDob Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Never thought of putting coconut oil in my coffee, but I will now. Do you use it just like milk?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @jillDob you'll want to blend it in or it will just rest on the top all oily (i.e. Blend with a blender).
  • jillDob
    jillDob Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for ur advise :)
  • charmurr
    charmurr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Solabela wrote: »
    I am a coffee drinker. In some clean eating camps that could get a person shot I suppose, but I am counting on the fact that there have got to be other coffee lovers here.

I drink decaf for health reasons. It was a hard switch, but I made it.

The question is what to put in my coffee. There are some things we eat or drink that are just occasional treats, and I don't get too bent out of shape about those. But coffee is a daily indulgence for me. At least one cup in the morning. Sometimes two.

For as long as I have been a coffee drinker, I have added two teaspoons of white sugar and then coffee creamer (18%) but I have recently gone off dairy and I am having a hard time finding an alternative.

I tried a soy based "creamer" but I disliked it. Maybe with some practice I would adjust, but its not sold anywhere near where I live, so realistically its not a great solution.

I tried "International Delight" because its lactose free (yay for the belly) but it only comes in flavours and I don't require any sugar because its super sweet on it's own. So far this solution is winning based on the lactose free, but boy is it sweet.

There is powdered coffee whitener but who knows what that is made from.

I need to kick the sugar habit and find a whitening agent that tastes good and feels great.

Advice?

Sola

I make my own creamer out of cashews. Soak cashews for about two hours (you could just boil for about 10mins). Add water, salt. This is your base. I'd say roughly one cup cashews, 1 1/2 cups water more or less depending on consistency. Beyond that you can add extract (I use vanilla) and/or sweetener (agave, dates). Blend till smooth. I strain mine to eliminate any "pieces" but you don't need to. A high powered blender works the best. Otherwise straining might be the better way to go. Let me know because I agree with you on the creamers that are out there.
  • charmurr
    charmurr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    jillDob wrote: »
    Never thought of putting coconut oil in my coffee, but I will now. Do you use it just like milk?

I would place the oil, creamer, and hot coffee in blender. When that treat came out, I was hooked. However, it does add calories to your day. Be careful there.
  • jenniferhajhaj
    jenniferhajhaj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Late to the party. I use Organic Westsoy Unsweetened soymilk and no longer use sweetener but if I was then a dash of pure maple syrup. Coffee is only bad for you if you drink too much of it or load it with sugar and cream. I am a healthy eater and NOT giving up my cup of coffee. I like to get locally roasted coffee beans and grind them myself. French press makes it taste better too.