Options
Week 4 is here! :)

Starting weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Total loss:

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week?

Did you stick to your goals last week?

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing?

Best meal:
Worst meal:
Best snack:
Worst snack:

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight : 135.7 lbs
    Weigh-in #1 - N/A
    Weigh-in #2 - N/A
    Weigh-in #3 - N/A
    Weigh-in #4 - 140.4 lbs
    Total loss - 0

This was ANOTHER unsuccessful week in the bag for me. I gained 4.7 lbs. OUCH!!!! I ate horrible horrible horrible. I was lazy with my cardio workouts.

I worked out 4 days last week. One of those days I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill wish was a waste of time. I was too lazy to run. I consistently ate above 1800 calories I'm allotted per day.

This week I am going to stick to my calories. I finally have food in the house so I am good. I'm also adding a day to my routine so I'll be lifting still twice a week and doing body weighted exercises on another day. I still want to try and run so I'll see where I can fit that in this week.

Best meal: oatmeal, eggs, bacon
    Worst meal: Raising Cane's
    Best snack: apple
    Worst snack: cupcakes and cookies
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2
    Weigh-in #4: 112.4
    This week's loss: -1.8
    Total Loss: -2.0

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals?
    Overall, I was successful. I did eat over my calories on a day or two, but my week calories were still on track. I managed to lose the water/bloating weight from last week, and made it to 113 by Sept 31! I also started Strong Curves, which I am going to be doing at home until I feel better about my form to move it into the gym.

Continuing Strong Curves, making sure I get in all 3 workouts - only did the first 2 last week.

Best meal: I made cheesy chicken broccoli rice. Used nonfat cheese to save on calories, and it was just as tasty and really lacked in the protein! 43g in a serving!
    Worst meal: Went out to dinner with my grandparents last night and ate pizza (sausage and broccoli rabe, yum) Luckily it fit into my calories for the day though
    Best snack: an apple
    Worst snack: snuck some of my husband’s fries at the bar
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Starting weight: 131
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133
    Weigh-in #4: 132.6 the other day! 133 today :(

Why were you successful last week?
    - I really enjoyed taking my strength routine out of my basement to my new gym this past week!
    - I'm socializing a little at the gym, which is a mood booster.
    - I jogged twice and I've stayed pain free in the SIJ for going on three weeks.
    - I ate home-cooked food five days this week. Meals out were paleo-style salads. Have I mentioned how much the hubs likes takeout and eating out?

How we're you unsuccessful last week?
    - I messed around with too much snacking.
    - I let old habits win. Success would have meant hitting 132.

- Exercise, yes
    - Calories no, because of snacking

- I'll be practicing all my anti-snacking habits
    - I'm reading a book called "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" for some support and tools to help me with the emotional eating.
    - I decided to return to a primal diet which eliminates the snack foods that I tend to binge on and that my body honestly doesn't need. Primal eating (which I got into following a couple of Whole30 challenges) works really well for my body and forces me to do a lot home cooking centered around vegetables. I think this is the reset my body needs.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @brianneangell08 great progress, well done. I hope you like Strong Curves, I'm loving it! I just started taking it out of my basement. It feels awesome to walk into the gym with a set routine now. Good luck with it!

@SmithsonianEmpress here's to a better week for us starting with well-stocked fridges.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    edited October 2017
    Options

- I really enjoyed taking my strength routine out of my basement to my new gym this past week!
    - I ate home-cooked food five days this week. Meals out were paleo-style salads. Have I mentioned how much the hubs likes takeout and eating out?

- Exercise, yes

- I'm reading a book called "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" for some support and tools to help me with the emotional eating.
    - I decided to return to a primal diet which eliminates the snack foods that I tend to binge on and that my body honestly doesn't need. Primal eating (which I got into following a couple of Whole30 challenges) works really well for my body and forces me to do a lot home cooking centered around vegetables. I think this is the reset my body needs.

Mine too!!! He says he does it for convenience well WHY then when I cook do you still eat out OR there are leftovers and you say you "forgot" and you still eat out? Ha! (He likes fast food....I shouldn't mention. Not restaurant eating.)

I too am doing lots of veggies this week. That's the plan at least. Last night I had tuna on a bed of spinach topped with roma tomatoes. So freaking yummyyyyyy :blush:
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Weigh-in #2: 199.0
    Weigh-in #3: 201.4
    Weigh-in #4: 198.2
    Total loss: -3.4

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I did much better eating within my calorie goals. Planning ahead helped a lot.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yes. I planned meals and stuck to my plan.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? No. We are pretty busy this week (boy scouts, band concert, 4h meeting, etc.) so plan meals in advance and try to avoid fast food. Keep working on eating more protein and taking vitamins.

Best meal: roast and carrots
    Worst meal: Taco Bell
    Best snack: banana
    Worst snack: jalapeno kettle chips
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Best meal: I made cheesy chicken broccoli rice. Used nonfat cheese to save on calories, and it was just as tasty and really lacked in the protein! 43g in a serving!

Oops, that should clearly say “packed” in the protein, not lacked.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Weigh-in #2: 199.0
    Weigh-in #3: 201.4
    Weigh-in #4: 198.2
    Total loss: -3.4

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I did much better eating within my calorie goals. Planning ahead helped a lot.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yes. I planned meals and stuck to my plan.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? No. We are pretty busy this week (boy scouts, band concert, 4h meeting, etc.) so plan meals in advance and try to avoid fast food. Keep working on eating more protein and taking vitamins.

Best meal: roast and carrots
    Worst meal: Taco Bell
    Best snack: banana
    Worst snack: jalapeno kettle chips

AWESOME loss this week :smiley: I find when I plan ahead AND have food in the house I'm on my "A" game. You do have a busy week. Enjoy!
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 138
    Weigh-in #1: 138
    Weigh-in #2: 139
    Weigh-in #3: 137
    Weigh-in #4: 139.2
    Total loss: gained 1.2 pounds

I was unsuccessful in losing any weight.
    Possible reasons:
    • My toddler had a birthday party and my eating was erratic that day.
    • I had way too much alcohol on 3 separate occasions this week - parties and going out.
    • Judging by fluctuations in my weight, I may have reached a new plateau and my weight has stabilized around 138 pounds, give or take. I may need to cut my calorie goal to 1600 instead of 1700 if a similar thing happens next Monday.

Yes, for exercise on all days but one. No for food. I am doing more strength training and wonder if I need to go back to doing more cardio though.

I will watch my food like a hawk and see if it helps. If not, I'll cut my calorie goal.

Best meal: Sauteed spinach and chicken drums
    Worst meal: Two beers in the middle of the day
    Best snack: Peter Rabbit fruit snack pouch
    Worst snack: Too much popcorn
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 150.1
    Weigh-in #1: 148.2
    Weigh-in #2: 146.9
    Weigh in #3: 144.1
    Weigh in #4 142.8
    Loss this week: 1.3 lbs
    Total Loss: 7.3 lbs
    Goal weight: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: to lose 1.5 per week, total of 18 lbs.

This loss of 1.3 lbs makes sense, 2.8 lbs last week was not realistic or even a true loss. On Tuesday my weight went up almost a whole pound, and I spent all week getting back down. I know that my goal of 1.5 pounds a week is aggressive, as I am about 10 POUNDS FROM MY GOAL WEIGHT!. I know I cannot expect the 2 pounds a week loss I have enjoyed so far.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I think I was successful by still sticking to my diet plan.

Did you stick to your goals last week? I worked out 5 days this week which is my goal. And I ate at or under 1200 calories everyday except one. I did eat out one night and ate over my calorie allotment, but I did not eat over maintenance.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? No, I am going to keep with what I have been doing, but I am making plans on how to handle maintenance.

Best meal: My husband and son were on their annual fishing trip, so I treated myself to Sea Bass one night. At $39 a pound (bought a 8 ounce for $19), it is definitely a treat. But it was SO SO good. And it is very low in fat and calories.
    Worst meal: I went out to dinner with a friend to Postino's. Had their olives, grilled vegetables, and Tuna salad. Also had a glass of wine. It was really good, but high in everything.

• mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.2
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 232.6
    Loss this week: -1.6

I'm starting to get back on track with everything. The last few weeks have been tough both at work and at home and I just haven't felt like doing much in terms of tracking and exercising, but I have still been trying to eat healthy.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Yes! Hopefully this week will be better. Bought good foods at the grocery store this weekend so I shouldn't "need" to eat out. Seeing a drop on the scale always helps keep me motivated to eat better.

Best meal: Chicken sausage and alfredo casserole (sounds super bad but made with all low fat/calorie foods)
    Worst meal: Went to a cookout over the weekend and indulged big time
    Best snack: Smart Pop
    Worst snack: Oreos
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Somze wrote: »
    Starting weight: 138
    Weigh-in #1: 138
    Weigh-in #2: 139
    Weigh-in #3: 137
    Weigh-in #4: 139.2
    Total loss: gained 1.2 pounds

I was unsuccessful in losing any weight.
    Possible reasons:
    • My toddler had a birthday party and my eating was erratic that day.
    • I had way too much alcohol on 3 separate occasions this week - parties and going out.
    • Judging by fluctuations in my weight, I may have reached a new plateau and my weight has stabilized around 138 pounds, give or take. I may need to cut my calorie goal to 1600 instead of 1700 if a similar thing happens next Monday.

Yes, for exercise on all days but one. No for food. I am doing more strength training and wonder if I need to go back to doing more cardio though.

I will watch my food like a hawk and see if it helps. If not, I'll cut my calorie goal.

Best meal: Sauteed spinach and chicken drums
    Worst meal: Two beers in the middle of the day
    Best snack: Peter Rabbit fruit snack pouch
    Worst snack: Too much popcorn

I no longer buy popcorn. I just cant have it here at the house right now. Definitely keep doing strength training. Changes will come.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 219.4
    Weigh-in #1:219.4
    Weigh-in #2:218.2
    Weigh-in #3:218.2
    Weigh-in #4: 217.0
    Total loss: 2.4

Well it is a loss this week so I will take it, but man is it coming off SLOW! I have been focusing more on my nutrition than my activity...I am hoping once I get moving more, it comes off at least a little easier lol....we'll see. Right now all I do is walk on my breaks at work & take the stairs at every opportunity. I really need to get back to the gym!
    Like I said, it is a loss and I will take it! :):):)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mscote12 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 219.4
    Weigh-in #1:219.4
    Weigh-in #2:218.2
    Weigh-in #3:218.2
    Weigh-in #4: 217.0
    Total loss: 2.4

Well it is a loss this week so I will take it, but man is it coming off SLOW! I have been focusing more on my nutrition than my activity...I am hoping once I get moving more, it comes off at least a little easier lol....we'll see. Right now all I do is walk on my breaks at work & take the stairs at every opportunity. I really need to get back to the gym!
    Like I said, it is a loss and I will take it! :):):)

Well done! A loss is a loss is a loss. Stairs and walking is GREAT. REMEMBER, do what you can until you can do all that you want to do....at least that's what I tell myself :smile:
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself on Tuesday again and was 2 pound lighter than on Monday. Which means I still gained 4 ounces compared to last week but that's nothing. Go figure.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Oh yea. Weight definitely fluctuates day to day. I'm sure since I've been eating properly the last 5 days I've probably "lost" a pound. But I won't officially find out until November 1st. Maybe try hard not to get too concerned with numbers. For me, I'm back at 140 and I'm trying to get to 125 as I continue to lift weights and eat at a deficit so I plan on this being a very slow process and I just want to lose weight every month. No matter how small.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited October 2017
    Options

- Exercise, yes

Mine too!!! He says he does it for convenience well WHY then when I cook do you still eat out OR there are leftovers and you say you "forgot" and you still eat out? Ha! (He likes fast food....I shouldn't mention. Not restaurant eating.)

I too am doing lots of veggies this week. That's the plan at least. Last night I had tuna on a bed of spinach topped with roma tomatoes. So freaking yummyyyyyy :blush:

So you know my pain!! It's crazy to feel like my cooking efforts are meaningless next to a steak sub and fries. I honestly feel crazy. Like no matter how hard I work my healthy meals will never be good enough. And at the same time I do feel for my husband, who wanted Chinese buffet badly last night and was refused. I got him to grill burgers and I made an awesome salad and I had tuna with it. I'm pretty sure there's an addictive quality to restaurant food. I'm trying very hard to make takeout or restaurant food a weekend-only thing and I hope he'll continue to be a good sport about it.
This discussion has been closed.