Like Minded Lushes - October 2017

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy October Lushes!!!!

Oktoberfest, Halloween parties, crisp fall days. So many reasons to imbibe.

I hope you all are doing well.

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I brought in October in true lush fashion over the weekend. Fire pit and red wine was the theme. 0 tonight likely. Have a great week!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I usually love me some summer, but let's face it: this summer sucked hairy donkey balls for our family. Ready to try to end this year on some positive notes.
    Still white wine weather here and I am indulging, as usual. Lots of loose ends to tie up, errands to run and my MIL's apartment to sort through.
    Hope everyone is doing well! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Had a zero for the first day of October. That should satisfy my goal for moderation for the rest of the year! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Wonderful crisp fall day. Temps in the low 50s, partly sunny and very refreshing outside. I am going to prepare a large pot of vegetable beef barley soup and leave it simmer on the stove all day so I can enjoy the smell! Oh, and maybe a cocktail or two to end out the day!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sounds amazing Gary. We're trying to get to fall in KY. It was chilly a few weeks back, got hot, and now we're in the cool morning/hot afternoon phase.

I had 2 drinks last night. There was open red and I just wanted a cider too.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Ashley - It WAS amazing! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    yum on the soup, Gary!
    Still trying to find a routine here.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I love cooking stews and soups all day. I don't end up eating any because I get full tasting it all day long. Beautiful weather here for now. The rains come back Friday. I just have to say the moon was absolutely glorious this morning. I had vodka cran last night. no zeros for me.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    got a zero last night. Two for the week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Meetings with attorney, CPA, and financial planner today translates to drinks tonight. Actually, I'll probably have some wine right after my meeting at the bank at 2, so I won't even wait until tonight. :p:drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I don't envy you Syd. All that stuff is adult and I don't really want to be adult anymore. no zero for me last night.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've been having a couple drinks a night. Which has actually been nice since it has not disrupted my sleep at all. 2 seems to be the magic number.

Parents get in at 4 and I have a big Planning Commission hearing to present at 1:00. I'm hoping to not come back after my hearing and head straight to the store for wine. Have a great weekend!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday! Its Friday!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    This week was not so bad - two zeros and a one last night. Going for a couple light beers tonight. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thursday we went to the home opener at the brand new arena for the Detroit Red Wings, multiple beers were consumed.
    Friday we headed up north for hunting, beers again.
    Saturday, I shot my first deer with the crossbow, more beers...very pushy couple of days! But hunting in the morning sure is beautiful....
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Congratulations on your first crossbow kill Ann! It sounds like all of the hunting is canceling out the beers.

I successfully moderated this weekend but the scale says otherwise. The scale seems to take a bit longer to get on board with the program.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Swallowed my implant crown on Saturday. I am so pissed. I moderated very well this weekend. Hope you all have a great week.

Ann- Congrats on the crossbow success.
    Good job Gary.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I drank a lot this weekend. But it was fun. 0 tonight for sure. Maybe even on Tuesday....
  • SoCalWoman
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ummm....Robin, is that something you can retrieve?!
    Made a lot of progress clearing out MIL's apartment. The amount if crap a 90+yo hoards is just insane.
    No 0's in sight for me