Open diary

andysport1
andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
Hi I’d like to view other people’s food logs, so as to help me get closer to my macros.
Veggie + fish only

Thanks in advance, I hope.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Friend me, and you can see my diary. I log everything. It is not too exciting, and I eat a lot of meat, so it might not be much help.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited October 2017
    My diary is open to friends. I don't eat fish, so I might not be much help either...
  • hoping32
    hoping32 Posts: 33 Member
    Friend me and you can see mine
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    my diary is open, but not sure how much it's going to help
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    My diary is open, but I eat some crap.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member

Wow! I've either missed your posts or you've been gone for a while. No problem either way cuz look at you all slim and healthy looking! Just wanting to comment on the new you. Thumbs up.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    My diary is open but I do eat a lot of meat.
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »

Wow! I've either missed your posts or you've been gone for a while. No problem either way cuz look at you all slim and healthy looking! Just wanting to comment on the new you. Thumbs up.

Thanks! I'm just quiet. lol
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    Open diary here but little to no fish.
  • andysport1
    Vladaar wrote: »
    Open diary here but little to no fish.
    Thanks, it says your feed is private so I can’t see you food diary.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    @andysport1 , could you give us a little more than just 'veggies and fish'...? Pulses? Nuts? what veggies? what fish? (some pisco-veggies won't have shellfish, for example....?)
    Why are you on any specific regimen? What's your aim/goal, if any?
  • kpk54
    I recall a similar post from you ( @andysport1 ) a few months ago requesting fish recipes. DH and I tend to eat a little more fish than others since he has a part time retirement job with a local North Carolina company that goes to the coast a few times a week for fresh fish from the docks for (mostly) our inland farm to table restaurants. The fish we eat (besides the common tuna, grouper, flounder etc) would most likely not be recognized unless you live off the Mid-Atlantic coast but a google search will help you find something similar or the same in other regions. The same fish often has a different name in other geographic areas.

My favorites are: Tripletail, triggerfish, tilefish, dogfish, sheepshead, sea bass, red vermillion, red drum, pompano...in about that order. All are the mild, white, flaky types.

My previous post had recipe suggestions. Any really good fresh fish does need only salt and pepper then pan fried in some butter to the point of becoming Browned Butter. Right now we do like adding a little cilantro/lime butter. If you wish a little more flavor on your fish, do a google search for:

Fish Veracruz: (baked with tomatoes, capers, peppers onions, whatever). Recipes on line.

Mama's Tilapia: (can use any white fish) baked with a pasty glob of parmesan, lemon, mayo and some other stuff. Recipes on line.

If shellfish is your thing: a Cioppino is excellent. Recipes on-line. A thin broth of butter, white wine, tomatoes, broth (I use combined chicken and beef. You could do vegetable.). Lots of basil, oregano, garlic, onions, parsley, thyme. A little Old Bay seasoning, if available. My Cioppino usually has mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp and some sort of flaky fish. I miss dipping crusty, buttered bread in this. :( It is my Christmas Eve "go to" since we have a couple pescatarians in the family. A beautiful display when served in a large bowl with ladle.

If you like Blackened Fish and have dried common spices/herbs on hand: look up an on line recipe for Emeril's Bayou Blast. I've never purchased his bottled in-store stuff but the on line recipe is excellent. Blacken in a hot pan coated in butter/olive oil or on a grill or stove top. Thick, dense fish can go directly on an oiled grill. Not the flaky, white IMO

I tend to cook my skin-on fish the opposite of many recipes placing the flesh side down first for a sear then flipping it to the skin side to cook the skin side last. I'll pour the butter or broth out of the pan the last few minutes (so it doesn't burn) then crank the heat up hoping the skin sticks to the pan. Then I'll slide the flesh off the skin. I dislike skin-on fish about as much as I like skin-on chicken. Some skin-on fish will curl in the pan when flipped to the skin side for searing. I'm not opposed to slicing through the skin prior to cooking (it helps a little with some fish) or flipping then holding down with the spatula hoping the skin will stick and curl less.

Hope that gives you or others some ideas. We eat store bought "fresh" salmon: coat with a mayo dijon mix then bake. I'm not opposed to a recipe with a little brown sugar/orange juice mix. Sticky, sweet brown sugar is awesome on salmon. Also canned salmon (bones and skin removed for me despite the nutritional value) in a croquette/patty form. Eggs, onions, green peppers. The usual. Yes, I usually add a few bread/cracker crumbs cuz pork rinds are not for me. Recipes on line. Also canned tuna for croquettes.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Looooove Sashimi.

And -
    Smoked loin of haddock fried gently in butter, and then once cooked, remove, keep warm, and in the meantime, heat a little cream in the same pan, and warm through, and squeeze a drop of lemon juice in at the last moment. Pour onto the haddock. We love to eat this with my gratin of spiralized carrots and courgettes.....
  • andysport1
    @andysport1 , could you give us a little more than just 'veggies and fish'...? Pulses? Nuts? what veggies? what fish? (some pisco-veggies won't have shellfish, for example....?)
    Why are you on any specific regimen? What's your aim/goal, if any?
    Hi thanks for the reply,
    All fish, veg, nuts, pulses, grains
    Why lchf, because I find this the easiest way to lose weight plus it helps me cut snacking.
    Aim/goal weight loss, body shape, to be better at the sports I do.
  • andysport1
    @kpk54 I seem to get bogged down with similar meals, evening meal isn’t so much of a problem now as I got loads of inspiration from this forum, it’s mainly breakfast and lunch I’m now struggling with.
    For breakfast I eat eggs so that helps, once a week I have white fish and fried onions, once a week smoked salmon and eggs, 5 other days eggs :-(
    Lunch is soup or tuna salad.

I should have been more specific in my post.
  • kpk54
    You eat only eggs, vegetables and fish? No dairy? @andysport1.
  • andysport1
    edited October 2017
    I do eat dairy, not a lot, just as an addition to something.
    Milk I’ll drink a glass occasionally but don’t have it in coffee.
    Cheese, I like mozzarella & tomatoes & pesto or cooked cheese in a dish of food.
    So like an omelette with cheese & milk = too greasy/fattie.

Before low carb it was easy I’d have toast for breakfast or beans on toast & lunch would be a sandwich generally.
  • hesterific
    hesterific Posts: 23 Member
    Friend me! I fast a lot but when I eat I FEAST. Even my BPC is like 400 cals
  • kpk54
    andysport1 wrote: »
    I do eat dairy, not a lot, just as an addition to something.
    Milk I’ll drink a glass occasionally but don’t have it in coffee.
    Cheese, I like mozzarella & tomatoes & pesto or cooked cheese in a dish of food.
    So like an omelette with cheese & milk = too greasy/fattie.

Before low carb it was easy I’d have toast for breakfast or beans on toast & lunch would be a sandwich generally.

Depending on your carb limit, you might find you like zero fat Greek yogurt. Granted I eat it by the cup (or so) with berries and flaxseed meal as a meal (not an addition to something) but it is a good source of protein (~23 grams/cup which I think is ~227 grams). I prefer the zero fat to the full fat. Perhaps due to the lower "greasy mouth feel". Dunno. Perhaps I prefer it because it was the 1st Greek yogurt I tried years ago. It is the only "no-low" fat product I have ever used that I can thing of. I've never been a fan of any low fat product except Greek yogurt.

In lesser amount, it is good (to me) loaded with coconut flakes and sliced almonds. Easily becomes a 400-500 calorie meal. :#