Where is everyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Thanks, BBee and Roda. It's getting there. The new contractor is leaving the old one in the dust literally! Hopefully they will be done by the end of the week, if not sooner!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How's it going @nikkib0103 ? Did the new contractor live up to expectations?
    I hope you are enjoying your place now, :)
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

We are still not done and no, they didn't. They started off well enough but they still half-assed a few things. We may be in the homestretch. Windows in tomorrow and Wednesday. Then the window trim work and a couple of other things. We already got new stairs to the backyard. Then it will be oddball little things like a backsplash, sceren door for the back, towel racks. When the lower level is renovated it should be easier because no one will be living in it at the time. If I owned this place I would have gone a different direction from the get go and been done in 4 weeks. The whole thing started 4 weeks before we moved in and we have been here 6 weeks. I hope we actually do enjoy living here after all this hoopla. THanks for asking.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »

We are still not done and no, they didn't. They started off well enough but they still half-assed a few things. We may be in the homestretch. Windows in tomorrow and Wednesday. Then the window trim work and a couple of other things. We already got new stairs to the backyard. Then it will be oddball little things like a backsplash, sceren door for the back, towel racks. When the lower level is renovated it should be easier because no one will be living in it at the time. If I owned this place I would have gone a different direction from the get go and been done in 4 weeks. The whole thing started 4 weeks before we moved in and we have been here 6 weeks. I hope we actually do enjoy living here after all this hoopla. THanks for asking.

Reminds me of the movie "The Money Pit".

"Two weeks, tops!" Something my wife and I would laugh at while we were building our place when things got stalled.
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else located in northern California, particularly the east bay area?
  • RodaRose
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No I am in FL. Are there and do you have fires? I hope that you and your people are safe. :)
  • marshal616
    Options
    We are for the time being & thanks. We live about 10 miles or so from the eastern edge of the Atlas fire. If the wind changes direction we'll be hitting the road.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Wow. There has been so much damage. <3 Good to hear that you are o.k. and that you have a plan to leave if you need to.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    @marshal616 I hope that you have a good update for us. <3
  • marshal616
    Options
    Of course...the wildfire nearest to the town I live in is nearly 70% contained. The firefighters rocked it! We didn't have to evacuate.
    Pretty sad for the many families that lost their homes and loved ones.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Good news for you and your family! :)
    My heart goes out to the people who have suffered through so much.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,959 Member
    Options
    It's been quite a year for wildfires. British Columbia (where I used to live) had massive fires throughout the province.
  • nikkib0103
    Options

Reminds me of the movie "The Money Pit".

"Two weeks, tops!" Something my wife and I would laugh at while we were building our place when things got stalled.[/quote]

Well considering the space is about 800 feet I was kind of thinking that it wouldn't take 8-12 weeks to do. I should of course know better. I was witness to a number of kitchen renovations over the past couple of years and no one ever got it done in the specified 3 to 4 weeks. There was always something. I guess it's the nature of the beast but it is tiresome. It got cold and I could not find the box with my jacket in it. It's all really annoying and frustrating.