"Fathead" Recipes

Options
Does anyone use the Fathead recipes and if so, do you think you lose as quickly or do you think they stall your weight loss?

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any difference, but I don't eat the Fathead pizza every day. 2 or 3 times a month. I find it filling, so usually only eat two slices of pizza - 1/4 of the entire pie.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use it a lot. As long as you are tracking and logging your food, you should be fine. However, like someone mentioned above, just don't eat it every day and in large amounts. It is very dense and satisfying to me, so one slice of pizza or one fathead muffin is enough for me! Here is my beef stew and biscuit dinner I made! I used radishes in place of potatoes and it was amazing! The texture was spot on and all of the spicy radish flavor was gone due to the extended cooking!
    8pylrg8ujssy.jpg
    9b8pmfctl8ao.jpg
    08o82owb01gl.jpg
  • Sandypants2017
    Sandypants2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that looks delicious - do you have the recipes?
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow - looks fantastic! Would never have thought of the radish/potato substitution!!! Thanks for sharing - I'll be making this tomorrow!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that looks delicious - do you have the recipes?

https://ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

There are some low carb bun recipes here as well.

cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    edited
    There are some low carb bun recipes here as well.

cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/

I love these almond buns, if you add a bit of flaxseed meal to them, they could pass as cornbread as well.

Add vanilla extract to them, and they are almost a giant cookie. I bought two muffin top pans to cook them in, they do not stall me out. But I don't eat them at every meal either.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have fathead pizza occasionally. Like every 6-8 weeks as a special dinner. In this amount, there has been no problem. I can imagine if I were eating it twice a week it'd become a problem for me, as it is quite calorie dense.