Desserts/Sweet Snacks under 200 calories? - Low-Carb

Hi guys,
Im back to the Low-Carb/Keto WOE after an 18 month 'break' (and, yes, at least a 20 lb gain! ugh!). I now have an absolutely RAGING sweet-tooth after allowing the ever-increasing 'treat days' to turn into full-on carb and sugar binges (comfort eating due to ill health got completely out of control ).
I'm aware that ideally i would cut out the sweet treats altogether, but this isnt realistic for me, particularly at the moment when all i can think about is my next sweet-fix. I lost a lot of weight last time round whilst eating keto/low-carb desserts (obviously counted within my calorie and macro allowance) and then, as the sugar cravings subsided i relied on them less.

Anyway, as ive gained so much weight and need to lose it in a timely fashion (im getting married in the next few months!), i dont have the calorie allowance for many of the keto desserts i remember enjoying before, which were all *well* over 200 calories! ;).

Does anyone have any ideas for recipes that could fit the bill? - please no fat bombs, as im not a one-bite-and-done kind of girl!! (I like to savour my dessert, so at least a few spoonfuls of the good-stuff for the calories, please!! ;)

Fairly quick and/or easy would be a bonus, but not absolutely essential.

Thanks, guys xx

Replies

• Jcamp8705
    Jcamp8705 Posts: 17 Member
    Have you tried the Atkins snack bars? I buy them when I am really craving sweets and they really do the trick for me!!
  • erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Sugar free jello... Make it plain or with half and half. It fills me up when I’m having cravings... or just feel like eating extra.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Or sugar free pudding!!!

There's a generic brand at Fry's if you have them called simple truth. They have a light ice cream. Mainly sweetened with erythritol and stevia. Carton is usually about 240 calories or so.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    edited October 2017
    1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    2 tsp honey
    pumpkin pie spice

About 185 calories and <20 carbs depending how much honey you use. It honestly tastes like the filling of a pumpkin pie. You can cut more if you use an artificial sweetener but I don't like them and my body doesn't react well to them so I just try to get used to desserts being more lightly sweet than overhwelmingly so
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Berries and whipped cream.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Jcamp8705 wrote: »
    Have you tried the Atkins snack bars? I buy them when I am really craving sweets and they really do the trick for me!!

Do you stay in Ketosis when eating them. I have been eating these 1-2x a day for the past week, but im not sure theyre doing me any favours, keto-wise.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    erika_307 wrote: »
    Sugar free jello... Make it plain or with half and half. It fills me up when I’m having cravings... or just feel like eating extra.

That's what i made last night - well, similar: 1 packet of sugar-free jello, made with 1/2 water, 75g full fat cream cheese and the rest of the liquid topped up with unsweetened almond milk. It was nice, a bit like blancmange, but it didnt exactly hit the spot as the fake strawberry flavour of the jello overpowered the creaminess (and im craving creamy, rich flavours). xx
  • CoconuttyMummy
    tayusuki wrote: »
    Or sugar free pudding!!!

There's a generic brand at Fry's if you have them called simple truth. They have a light ice cream. Mainly sweetened with erythritol and stevia. Carton is usually about 240 calories or so.

We dont get these in the UK, i dont think x
  • CoconuttyMummy
    Anon2018 wrote: »
    1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    2 tsp honey
    pumpkin pie spice

About 185 calories and <20 carbs depending how much honey you use. It honestly tastes like the filling of a pumpkin pie. You can cut more if you use an artificial sweetener but I don't like them and my body doesn't react well to them so I just try to get used to desserts being more lightly sweet than overhwelmingly so

Mmm, this sounds nice. Thank you x
  • CoconuttyMummy
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Berries and whipped cream.

Thanks x
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    2 tsp honey
    pumpkin pie spice

Replace the honey with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, your sugar substitute of choice some cinnamon and a little butter = much lower carb.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    ladipoet wrote: »
    1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    2 tsp honey
    pumpkin pie spice

Replace the honey with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, your sugar substitute of choice some cinnamon and a little butter = much lower carb.

Sounds delish, and perfect for this time of year. Thank you xx
  • I sometimes have a Pure Protein banana shake with a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter for dessert. Comes in around 5 grams of carbs and about 250 calories.71l3o57fncrq.jpeg
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Lily's dark chocolate.

It's delicious (coconut is my fave) and has no glycemic index sweeteners - at least the bars I've looked at do
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    tayusuki wrote: »
    Or sugar free pudding!!!

We dont get these in the UK, i dont think x

I'm in the UK and I bought a product on line called sukrin. It's actually really, really good. I recommend it, as a sugar-sub sweetener. It tastes about as much like sugar as anything can, but of course, it's great as a sugar-free ingredient.