Introducing Myself

Options
2»

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Question:
    I need to learn more about the program/group, essentially HOW to do the steps- and HOW to get to the places I saw people in the other night.
    I know I'll get more in meetings, but for now what book should I start with?

I suggest that you continue with the meetings, and as you listen to shares, you will gravitate towards folks who you can really connect with (wanting what they have). The next step is seeking out a sponsor to help you through the program via working the steps. Hope this helps.
  • rcazjsmom
    rcazjsmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Stacey. I have been a member of OA for 3 years and when I joined OA I kinda gave up on MFP because I thought it was an compulsive behavior. I have gained almost all the weight I lost with MFP back and I am willing to admit that I need MFP's structure in my life. I also need EVERYTHING OA has to offer. I am going to keep talking about my food addiction and also my restrictive behaviors so that my fellows can keep me in check about my compulsive behavior. I'm always open to more support and also interested in supporting others through OA and MFP.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    rcazjsmom wrote: »
    Hi my name is Stacey. I have been a member of OA for 3 years and when I joined OA I kinda gave up on MFP because I thought it was an compulsive behavior. I have gained almost all the weight I lost with MFP back and I am willing to admit that I need MFP's structure in my life. I also need EVERYTHING OA has to offer. I am going to keep talking about my food addiction and also my restrictive behaviors so that my fellows can keep me in check about my compulsive behavior. I'm always open to more support and also interested in supporting others through OA and MFP.

I have also questioned whether or not counting calories was good or bad for me. I was very successful at losing weight when I did it, but I never really changed my thinking to go along with it.
  • insideoutgirl
    insideoutgirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello people - I would love to connect with other OA mfp people. Please connect with me!!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Friends request sent
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello people - I would love to connect with other OA mfp people. Please connect with me!!
    I'm with you! I'm ready for some MFP friends since I've haven't taken that next step yet, and OA friends would be lovely.
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Nancy I’m a newcomer to OA but not to the steps. I’ve been in another fellowship for over 15yrs. I’m just starting my journey in OA and I’m looking for friends on here for support x
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hi I’m Nancy I’m a newcomer to OA but not to the steps. I’ve been in another fellowship for over 15yrs. I’m just starting my journey in OA and I’m looking for friends on here for support x

Hi Nancy - welcome!
    I'm Jill, and newly active using MFP as a tool for my OA recovery. I have found great inspiration in OA Podcasts, as well as some discussions here.
    There are folks here who are active, and even more who chime in off and on.
    There is also a private OA group called ODAT, which has lots of older threaded discussions that are very helpful. If you choose to join the ODAT forum, it may take a couple days to be added, only because the moderator(s) are traveling and will need to add you.
    Also, I'll private message you. I'm glad to have another OA friend.
    - Jill
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill I think I’m a member of ODAAT I’ll have to check. I’ll pop over and have a look
  • MarilynSoper
    MarilynSoper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Marilyn S. I live in Norwell, Ma and I have been in and out of OA for a while, but I have been back now for over two months and I have an awesome sponsor and I just b=joined a gym and I am killing it! It is nice to see OA in my Fitness pal, this could be a lifesaver. I go to 3 meetings a week and I am part of South Coastal intergroup. Service keeps me going and helps my step work. Be well, everyone!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hi Marilyn! Welcome; it is indeed helpful for me to have this MFP "tool" which helps me stay honest with my food, and is part of my abstinence. I so appreciate having fellow OAers here on MFP. You all help me stay in a recovery mindset, and remember that my abstinence is in no way a diet. Nice to meet you here!
    - Jill
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Thank you Jill, for remaining present in the OA forums, offering support!