Does anyone have simple KETO meal plans they can share?

Options
Whenever I look online they're either too expensive or too complicated.

Replies

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't have a full meal plan to share, but there are several easy meals that I eat often. I make a bowl I call pizza toppings, that is ground beef, fresh mozzarella, and a little low carb spaghetti sauce. It's surprisingly good.

I also do tuna salad on a low carb pita with a couple of eggs chopped in it and love that.

Bacon and eggs for breakfast most mornings, or "Noatmeal" made from flax meal and chia seeds.

I like to keep meals pretty simple. I grab an oz of Dubliner cheese when I have the evening munchies, and make a half dozen boiled eggs at a time to keep in the fridge so they are ready when I want them.

Also - I saw that you posted on the main forum. It's notorious for pooping on anything low carb so make sure to put on your flame retardant suit!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Atkins 20 Foodie meal plan is free and easy. They do use a bar and a protein shake for a couple of snacks, but no other specialty foods on that one. It got me started off on the right foot. I just skipped those products. You can also repeat a meal you do like if there is something you don't, it includes a handy shopping list.

https://files.atkins.com/17-07-Atkins-MealPlan-Foodie-20.pdf

• Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Dietdoctor.com. One of our faves is:

Keto hamburger patties with creamy tomato sauce and fried cabbage

Hamburger patties:
    1½ lbs ground beef
    1 egg
    3 oz. feta cheese
    1 teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
    1¾ oz. fresh parsley, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1⁄6 oz. butter

Gravy:
    1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
    1¾ oz. fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    salt and pepper

Fried green cabbage:
    1½ lbs shredded green cabbage
    4¼ oz. butter
    salt and pepper
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Me too, I think Diet Doctor is great and very easy to use and follow and the recipes are excellent. You just need to go on the the recipes section and say 'keto' and they come up with lots of recipes. Also if you want you can follow the 2 week challenge for Keto or Low carb and that gives you meals for 2 weeks and it's free to use.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My typical meal plan is pretty simple, here is what I am eating this week:

Day 1: Ground beef with mushrooms & spinach (kinda like a beef stroganoff, with no pasta)
    Day 2: baked (or BBQ)chicken with broccoli (sometimes I make a cheese sauce)
    Day 3: Frittata (usually with ham, cheddar cheese, broccoli or sometimes with pizza toppings)
    Day 4: chicken & salad
    Day 5: Soup (with whatever meat & veggies I have on hand, probably cabbage & ground turkey this week)
    Day 6: eggs & broccoli or spinach
    Day 7: Taco salad

Lunches are usually leftovers or chicken & salad

I don't eat snacks or breakfast.

Hope that helps

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot - and I mean, A - LOT - of lacto-fermented vegetables, mainly sauerkraut, but also a whole load of kimchi - and I'm a real offal fan. I have a lamb's heart curry bubbling in my slow cooker (crockpot) as I speak...Mmmmm!!

but I'm not a meal-planner by any means.
    My H loves prawn mayo with avocado, which I make with my own home-made marie rose sauce (paleo mayo tabasco, tomato puree) and we eat a lot of spiced roast chicken, and sweet-and-sour pork belly strips.
    A good green salad with blue cheese, walnuts and home-made French dressing, too....

We eat as we feel. Sometimes, the same things, often different things.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I like "I Breathe, I'm Hungry." I've followed her egg fast menu plan, but she has quite a few menu plans, and they are free. https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/menu-plans-new
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Shron123 wrote: »
    Dietdoctor.com. One of our faves is:
    I love the meals on diet doctor this website made me try Keto

Keto hamburger patties with creamy tomato sauce and fried cabbage

Hamburger patties:
    1½ lbs ground beef
    1 egg
    3 oz. feta cheese
    1 teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
    1¾ oz. fresh parsley, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1⁄6 oz. butter

Gravy:
    1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
    1¾ oz. fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    salt and pepper

Fried green cabbage:
    1½ lbs shredded green cabbage
    4¼ oz. butter
    salt and pepper

• chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I make my own taco seasoning and we have taco salads a lot. Simple and easy. I also do a really basic stir fry, just meat and cole slaw mix with soy sauce (brown meat in olive oil, put aside, cook your veggies and then add meat back with as much soy sauce as you want.) It's not fancy by no means but the husband likes it.

Here's the taco seasoning recipe I use!
    holisticallyengineered.com/2013/04/homemade-taco-seasoning-low-carb-and-paleo.html

Other than that, we do a lot of grilled/baked meat and salads. :smile:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Crackslaw! Here's several versions. You'll find oodles more with a google search.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/top-5-keto-crack-slaw-recipes
  • Sandypants2017
    Sandypants2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Body by Butter, I know, I accidentally posted on General, yikes!
  • Sandypants2017
    Sandypants2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thank all of you SO much, these are great and really helpful, you all rock!!
  • kalika47
    kalika47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find myself just mostly "snacking" on keto friendly foods.....as far as meals go, I find myself not being hungry enough most of the time. I do meet my macros on most days. Have been on this "diet" for almost a month....feeling great! and have lost 13 lbs. Today I rendered some pork skins that I got cheaply from the butcher....so tasty as a snack for my road trip next week....
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @Sandypants2017 I sent you a friend request. A lot of us have open (for friends) food diaries that you can look at for some ideas too. So be sure and add friends. :)
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 slices of thick bacon, 2 eggs mixed with 1/4 cup cauliflower. Coffee with 1tbs heavy whipping cream. ~380cals total

Dinner: salad with 1tbs vinegar and 1tbs olive oil ~300, 1/2lb ground lamb. ~600, 1/2 avocado ~ 165. Hot tea. Total ~ 1065

It does not get simpler. Breakfast takes 10 min, dinner takes 10 min, to make the salad, the ground lamb patties are oven broiled on the weekend, so it’s really no hands on time.
    Good luck.
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Snacking is not good. You want to have distinct meals. Reason is that you body receives food, spikes insulin up then down then fasting till next meal hours later. If you constantly snacking, body producing insulin nonstop during the day, as well as all other digestive hormones, this builds up insulin resistance in cells. So stopping eating between meals is a key trick to restore insulin sensitivity, result is you will need less of it, and produce less. I picked up that tip from dr Fungs Obesity Code.

kalika47 wrote: »
    I find myself just mostly "snacking" on keto friendly foods.....as far as meals go, I find myself not being hungry enough most of the time. I do meet my macros on most days. Have been on this "diet" for almost a month....feeling great! and have lost 13 lbs. Today I rendered some pork skins that I got cheaply from the butcher....so tasty as a snack for my road trip next week....

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    Snacking is not good. You want to have distinct meals.

True though for some of us lower calorie folks (think older/female/not too active) "meals" aren't much more than a "snack" in regards to volume or calories. I think small, higher fat portions are a part of the reason SOME folks may gravitate to OMAD or IF (in addition to the health benefits and/or convenience). My taco salad tonight will be pretty puny in size if I decide to add sour cream, cheddar and avocado...if I choose to stay within calories.

I truly get your point though. I don't snack but my keto meals sure were/are "snack size" compared to what they were on higher whole food carbs/lower fat. Good way to learn the meaning of "portion control".

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/breakfast-egg-muffins/

Breakfast egg muffins, lots of recipes online, I play around with the recipes. Covering the muffin tins with ham or bacon, then fill the muffins is also nice. Great for lunch, tastes good cold or hot. Great way to use up some leftover veg or that cheese that is calling your name in the fridge. I even chucked some smoked salmon in them the other day.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

I truly get your point though. I don't snack but my keto meals sure were/are "snack size" compared to what they were on higher whole food carbs/lower fat. Good way to learn the meaning of "portion control".

I am blown away by how small my portion sizes are now compared to when I ate higher carb. My coworkers comment on my 1-cup food containers and how that would never be enough food to satisfy them at mealtime.