MFP Premium

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
edited October 2017 in Social Groups
Hey - does anyone use MFP Premium? If so, what do you think about it and what do you like about it more than regular MFP? Is it worth the money?

Replies

• jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have MFP premium. Some of the differences that I like are that I can personalize my home page for what stats show. I can set goals for each of my meals for amount of calories and I can show percentage or number of grams per meal. Those are the things I can think of that I like.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Jamieeldred thanks for this! Am thinking about it and hoping it can help me spark more weight loss
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have MFP premium. Some of the differences that I like are that I can personalize my home page for what stats show. I can set goals for each of my meals for amount of calories and I can show percentage or number of grams per meal. Those are the things I can think of that I like.

@Jamieeldred ,

Thanks for this--I have the premium version too (probably 2 years now, maybe longer) but could not remember what the difference was between the free version and the paid version other than the removal of the ads, which I found irritating and since I had quit Weight Watchers, the money I saved from that made paying for MFP premium seem like a drop in the bucket.

I do like the setting of the macros by grams (since the % setting only allows increments of 5%), goals for each meal, personalizing for the stats I want to see which I find most useful and I like the option of having different goals for each day of the week (I haven't used this yet but if I start doing some heavy-duty workouts, it could come in handy to set a higher calorie goal for that day or if I want to "save some calories" for the weekend, that's automatically tracked without me having to remember to do that throughout the week).

...and again, the elimination of the ads--they were driving me nuts--some people have "ad blockers" but that's just yet another program I'd probably need & I thought some of the premium features would be useful for me--now, I wouldn't want to go back.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @BarneyRubbleMD thanks for the feedback! Am debating if I am going to move forward with the premium or not :)