OFFAL

Options
124»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/chopped-liver/

My favorite chopped liver recipe ever, chopped liver cooked in chicken skin fat, with crunchy bits of chicken skin mixed in (with the rest of the fat of course) and finished off with chopped hardboiled eggs. To die for!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My husband is Danish, and we go to Denmark every few years to see his family. One of the dishes I enjoy most there is leverpostej (liver pate). It's a regular dish for them there, you can buy them in any supermarket deli freshly made. They eat it on their famous open faced sandwiches (smørrebrød) with toppings such as sauteed mushrooms and bacon.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Plain liver pate also tastes amazing with some full fat mayo on top.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Plain liver pate also tastes amazing with some full fat mayo on top.

That sounds delicious! It’s odd but although I really love meat I can only eat offal in pate form, there’s just something about it that bothers me, I don’t know what. For example I’ll happily chow down on liver pate but put a cooked liver in front of me and I won’t want to eat it, if only my mum had known that pate was the way to go when she was trying to get me to eat liver as a child.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I have a chicken liver pate recipe to die for. Admittedly, it contains a slice of bread, but hey, guys - c'mon... divided into the portions of pate you get, it's ridiculously low carb, even then!

I can sell you a copy of the recipe if anyone wants it.... :D
  • Bonny132
    Options
    @AlexandraCarlyle you should try my chopped liver, pate from heaven. Totally low carb high fat, and so easy to make.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Puking a little in my mouth, because 'texture'.....
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraCarlyle any chance I could have the pate recipe?!

I might try that chopped liver recipe from @Bonny132 too.

Ooh, I’m now salivating at the thought, lol!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    @AlexandraCarlyle any chance I could have the pate recipe?! ...

Absolutely! I'll send you a PM...! :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    @melmerritt33, done!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Those chicken hearts are on the menu at yakitori shops here in Japan, yum! But they never serve them on sticks that long... usually just about 5-inch sticks.