Low Carb Soups! :)

Options

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for posting these recipes. I'm a soup lover, and it's gotten a bit cooler so my thoughts (and cravings) turn to yummy soups!
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bouddie wrote: »
    Mushroom soup.

I make this in a one serving size.

200 grams mushrooms coarsely chopped.
    1 tsp butter.

Saute

Add 1 cup water
    1 tsp bouillion
    1/4 cup cream

Add liquids to pan of mushroom, let cook 5 minutes on low heat.

Serve.

Made this and it is AMAZING.

It's 10 net carbs, so keto people might have some issues depending on your carb ceiling. Perfect for low carbers tho.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday, it is delicious!
    I subbed puréed roasted cauliflower instead of the HWC, and used a full can of kraut.

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/creamy-reuben-soup-low-carb-gluten-free/
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I make beef stew! And cheese rolls!
    I modify fathead dough to make 12 rolls. I use a stick of butter instead of any cream cheese, I add some non-fed yeast in 2 tbls warm water. I also add two tbls xanthum gum to increase the texture/hold. So they don't collapse. Lastly, I salt and flavor (garlic, onion, oregano, etc) the almond flour till it is nice and flavorful! It makes an amazing roll! I'll be typing up the complete recipe soon and starting a blog. I'll post when I've done it.

My beef stew is a topical beef stew. Beef bone broth, 1 pound browned beef stew meat with some onion. I flavor the meat with salt and pepper and garlic before sautéing. I add a can of diced tomatoes, then the bone broth, bring to a boil and simmer on low for a few hours. About one hour before serving, I add my veggies and check the level of broth. Add more broth (and salt/pepper if needed). Veggies I love to use are radishes (sliced in round thick slices and it mimics potatoes! Just trust me! Mushrooms in big chunks, celary, carrots-very small amount but cut in big chunks for color and look! If you can't afford the carbs, omit them! I also add some green onion for a pretty and tasty garnish! Oh and if you want, thicken some HWC on the stove, above 1/4 cup, and add to thicken the stew!
    jvbaj8x9l9tb.jpg
    ou4pq9co3i63.jpg
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

This sounds AMAZING!! I think I will make this with only 1 can of rotel in order to cut a few more carbs out and also use my own taco seasoning! I make Taco season to cut out all the sodium and msg and added carbs!

Please share your homemade taco seasoning recipe. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @CRZYFTM, I sent you a message about publishing your recipes.... a bone broth recipe contest is on. Info in the message.
    <3
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I buy rotisserie chicken whenever I'm feeling lazy. After Henny Penny has given up all her meat, I turn her into the world's richest chicken broth by putting her into a slow cooker, (bones, skin and all), adding enough water to cover her bottom two thirds, throwing in an onion or two for flavor and simmering overnight. Strain and either use within a day or so or freeze for future use in single serving size.

Note that I don't buy rotisserie chickens all that often. Whatever goes into making them so tasty is a mystery and the carb count is unknown. It may be a young ton of brown sugar for all we know.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @mandycat223 here's the ingred. for Costco's rotisserie chicken: ( :/ ) https://savingadvice.com/articles/2015/06/11/1034643_costco-rotisserie-chicken-healthy.html
    Also although this is Dr. Oz, this clip is very informative and not 'woo-woo'. BTW, 'The Dorito Effect' is a very interesting book. doctoroz.com/episode/truth-about-rotisserie-chicken

• mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @mandycat223 here's the ingred. for Costco's rotisserie chicken: ( :/ ) https://savingadvice.com/articles/2015/06/11/1034643_costco-rotisserie-chicken-healthy.html
    Also although this is Dr. Oz, this clip is very informative and not 'woo-woo'. BTW, 'The Dorito Effect' is a very interesting book. doctoroz.com/episode/truth-about-rotisserie-chicken

Hmmm, while we're long-time Costco members, our nearest warehouse is now some 60 miles away, so we only make the trek every other month or so. When I buy a rotisserie chicken it's either at Publix (where I assume the health stats are roughly similar to Costco's offering) or Sam's Club (where I assume the health stats are roughly similar to arsenic.) Thanks for the info.
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE and go to soup is Queso Soup --

Ingredients
    1 lb ground beef
    ½ onion, chopped
    6 oz cream cheese
    2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
    ½ cup heavy whipping cream
    2½ cups beef broth
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
    Brown ground beef and onions together then drain.
    In a large saucepan add ground beef and cream cheese.
    With a spoon mash the cream cheese into the ground beef so that it will combine smoothly as it melts.
    Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
    Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
    You can also add shredded cheese and sour cream to each bowl of soup.

http://kaseytrenum.com/queso-soup-keto-friendly-low-carb/
    Thanks for sharing this, it sounds so delicious. I bought everything I need to make it, well actually I only needed to buy the Rotel. Making it today, but I'm subbing shredded taco chicken because I had some to use up. Can't wait to try it.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    my daughter was sick and is on SCD diet [similar to keto]...anyway she really wanted chicken noodle soup. I used rice cauliflower. Chicken broth. Water. Celery. Chicken. Various spices. She enjoyed. I did add carrots for her but you can omit for Keto.
  • CarrieDarling108
    CarrieDarling108 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3

@KetoZombies I am literally salivating at the thought of that!! Do you find the beef stays mixed in ok or does it tend to sink? I'm wondering if I should consider blending some or most of the beef?

Also, silly question for someone from the UK..... what is the UK equivalent of heavy whipping cream?

Double cream i believe
  • couten1991
    couten1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG all of this looks amazing...I LOVE soup and my mouth is watering now!! lol
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE and go to soup is Queso Soup --

Ingredients
    1 lb ground beef
    ½ onion, chopped
    6 oz cream cheese
    2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
    ½ cup heavy whipping cream
    2½ cups beef broth
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
    Brown ground beef and onions together then drain.
    In a large saucepan add ground beef and cream cheese.
    With a spoon mash the cream cheese into the ground beef so that it will combine smoothly as it melts.
    Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
    Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
    You can also add shredded cheese and sour cream to each bowl of soup.

http://kaseytrenum.com/queso-soup-keto-friendly-low-carb/

Made this soup, but subbed shredded taco chicken that I already had and wanted to use up and then use chicken broth. It was fabulous!!
    I can't wait to try it with the ground beef.
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My favorite go-to soup is:
    Beef Vegetable: {6-quart crockpot}
    2lb browned and drained ground beef
    2 cans basil, garlic oregano diced tomatoes
    2 cans mixed veggies (do not drain)
    3.5-4 tbsp beef bouillon powder
    2 tsp black pepper
    Water to cover
    Add all ingredients to the crockpot except water. Mix well to incorporate the powdered bouillon Add water to cover. Bring to a boil in the crockpot then turn to low for a few more hours. I have no clue as to what the carb count is, so I only make it occasionally. I think I am going to exchange the can veggies for frozen ones to omit the potatoes.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I tried the queso soup tonight! Omg sooooo good! I topped it with 50g of avocado and 25g of mozzarella cheese. A comforting delicious 500 cal 10 net carb bowl!

• EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love soup and have been thinking about how to low-carb it. Don’t know what I’m going to do without my beans! I love any kind of soup with a ham shank in it. What you posted above sounds so amazing, I’m definitely going to try that.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    EllaLeahB wrote: »
    Yum! I love soup and have been thinking about how to low-carb it. Don’t know what I’m going to do without my beans! I love any kind of soup with a ham shank in it. What you posted above sounds so amazing, I’m definitely going to try that.

Eden Organic Black SOYbeans have become a choice for some of us. The taste and texture is similar to a pinto bean IMO. Locally, only Publix seems to stock them though you might find them in stores in your area. Also available on-line. Check out their Nutrition label on line and see if it fits your woe. Very low carb compared to standard type legumes.
  • kalika47
    kalika47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Borshcht!!!!......
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Avgolemono. omit the rice/orzo pasta pieces. Add no-carb rice if you must, but this soup is just delicious.