Daily check in

Options

Replies

• intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I need some tough love, so I’m talking to myself and kicking my butt!

<3 (If you find this might help you too, then I’m talking to you too! LOL ) <3

Next week will mark the beginning of your last 5 weeks! Look at all the success you have had up to this point but, it’s time to kick it up and do better.

Keep logging your food regardless of what it is, don’t say you’ll start making better choices, do it! It’s just as easy to eat some celery as it is to eat a chip! STOP “Letting” that glass of wine(bottle) or that cheese get the best of you, is not acceptable! You’ve already enjoyed plenty and that’s why your here in this challenge group.

You can do better and you will do better! Pick your "treat" meal and keep it to that one meal. Ask friends and family to help, don’t let them give you an easy out. My hubby made popcorn and it smelled so go but, I wasn’t going to ask for any but, when he offered, it’s just so friggin easy to say “OK!”, it’s like he was giving permission. I’m going to talk with him and ask him not to offer, he can have what he wants but, don’t offer.

It’s only 5 weeks and it will be over before you know it so it’s time to bring it! Make all the effort you've put into this challenge continue and make it the best you can!

Rant over, so let’s kick some bootie!!!! :)
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 52 Wednesday ( early check in due to late night)

Completed P90X3 Isometrix and Acceleator plus, having a tennis match tonight so I’ll have plenty of calories burned!

Nutrition: Good day! I had a bowl of Tortellini soup to carb up for my match and plan on some edamame if I’m hungry when I get home.

Day 4 – weekly 13

Mommabeare – Sounds like your a running around kind of girl, lol Going back to keto’s might be just what you need, no one should be hungry! Keep pushing forward!

Kbranch – Step away from the bread! Unless it’s your treat, then enjoy! I have no doubt you’re killing your workouts! If I start to slip on my nutrition, you can kick my butt and burn some extra calories!

Kathy – What’s a “Cubbies”? lol (jk) you ladies and you sports, glad you enjoy them. I’m a tennis & golf girl and that’s about as far as it goes. Hope you’re feeling better and can kick butt on the courts again!

Naomisds – Great post but, you forgot to include you? How’s the “2aD” going? I know you burned calories at your match last night, congrats on the win!

5+ weeks ladies to reach our goals, let’s bring it big time!!!
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    day 4, week 13
    Thanks for the pep talk - great motivator. I will do my best and I know others will too. It sounds like today has been a very good day for you. Use that positivism (is that a word?) on the court tonight.
    I got in my shoulder stretches and strength workout, an hour on the elliptical, and have a doubles match tonight. I've kept my calorie intake down and stayed away from food I don't need. We all know how fast 5 weeks can go by so make every day count.
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I feel straightened out now. You know what I like about Sheri? Okay since you are feeling like I am, you too may be thinking - dang we need to be thankful for her as a friend because she straightforward, tells it like it is and finishes what she starts. That's a real friend.

I ran like Forrest Gump today. For whatever reason I felt so good, powerful and fast. I went 5.24 miles in 51 minutes. My fastest mile was my last mile at 8:51. As I jog I usually get faster as I go. Something was in me.

I ate decently but have a sugar craving lately. I ate less pumpkin bread to day. Only a half a slice. I made my bread and the loaf is - oops - gone.

Whether I post or not I usually read your food diaries. My suggestion is to incorporate more dark greens and food with antioxidants. I don't see enough. Food with more color. A little whole grain (we need fiber) never hurt anyone, and fat in olive oil, nuts, and avocado (moderately) too. It's the sugar and alcohol, and other empty calories like chips that hook us. You ladies are exercising so hard, I'd like you to think about the fuel your eating. Again it's only my opinion and we're all in different stages. I lost most of my weight almost 5 years ago and kept it off. So tweak and re-tweak. Just don't give up.

Bam
  • Naomisds
    Naomisds Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of great ideas, information, and food for thought! All the thoughts that are going into this whole process as well as efforts concerning eating and activity are awesome!

I actually did include myself in my last post as I was also referring to myself in what I said BUT I was not specific, so here goes: Yes, I have been continuing my two-a-days, walking for about 2 hours total today. I had a bit of an odd day due to having to drive a bit east after work so had an odd eating day because of it, eating some chicken wings, but they are all gone and back on track tomorrow along with another two-a-day! Must get to sleep to rest up for it! Night all!

D 4, W 16.
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 53 Thursday

Had a tennis clinic for 90 mins and then completed P90X3 Pilates, my tummy was still sore from the other day workout so, I did my best. No pain, no gain, right? Lol

Nutrition: Good day, will stay within calorie range.

I played my first “singles” tennis match in years! My opponent had me running so much, I was huffing and puffing most of the match so I know I was burning some calories ( I lost but if was fun!). Came home and have a bowl of fresh fruit, edamame took to long to cook so I stayed with a healthy choice.

Day 4 - weekly 17

Kathy – Excellent job with 4 different type of exercises, super job! Congrats on the tennis match win too!

Kbranch – You do not need straightened out, lol I’m glad to call you a friend too. Excellent running, I just might call you Forrest! Super glad to hear your checking in on us, I know I need you checking in on me, it really does help. So, keep kicking up those heals & keep in touch!

Naomisds - You are doing amazing with your two-a-day, walking for 2 hours is impressive, congrats!

Note: I posted my “rant” for me. It was something like; if I didn’t put it out there, then I didn’t/wouldn’t be accountable so I ranted. My thought was if I needed it, maybe someone else might too?

You’re all doing awesome and have made so much progress, let’s keep pushing forward! <3
  • kbranch75
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Your post was well received Sheri. You have the best of intentions as we all do for one another. <3:p

I've been exercising every other day now and doing good but not perfect in between. Today I had a protein packed breakfast and had an apple in the late afternoon then salad and stuff for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    day 4 week 17
    I had a busy morning and early afternoon with tennis lessons, PT, and 3 games of bowling. I finally had 3 good games with scores of 170, 167, and 177. Pretty good for a 150 average bowler!!! YooHoo! Now I am sadly watching the Cubs get their butts wiped in Wrigleyville. Man, suddenly I am craving a Dunkin Donut. Thank goodness they are closed!!! Now why did that pop into my head or my food brain??? Wipe that out of there.
    kbranch - I have been to Sweet Tomatoes once and loved it. Lots of choices there!! You should give a running clinic to us non-runners. Maybe not, not sure I would survive.
    intotennis - you know when you're sore that means you are doing something right. Great stamina and great playing last night!!
    naomi - I'm hoping the time on my computer is wrong because it said that you posted at 1:18 am. No one should be awake at that hour. Keep working it girl!
  • sunnyresch
    sunnyresch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I played over 3 hours of tennis today and I am feeling good. I guess tomorrow I will start logging my food to see if I am eating correctly.
  • Naomisds
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Aaaand we have our first post from Sunny! Woot!

I have so much I would like to say but, once again, I am too tired to say all that is on my mind.

The posts today were great and I enjoyed them all. Maybe I will post more info tomorrow when I'm not so beat!

As far as me personally, I walked for an hour this morning and then played nearly 3 hours total of both doubles and singles tonight. Also, since it is tough to eat enough food to go over on my calories after having burned so many of them, yes, I came in under my calorie goal.

Sleep well and I will read up on all of you again tomorrow!

D 5, W 20.
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Didn't check in last night: Matt and I go upstairs around 8 and watch The Last Ship (which I LOVE and of course, it's a Navy show). We watch one episode a night. I think I like going up so that the 'kitchen is closed'. I am married to the man who likes his snacky snacks after dinner. I fill the pantry with his 'awful' crap. I don't eat his, usually it's not gluten free, but lately, I have been making him eat LOL Annie's CHEDDAR BUNNIES, or Newman's cookies.. etc. If he likes his crap, I'll make him eat the good crap. Sheri, he learned the hard way about offering me stuff... so he actually eats it in the pantry, but I can hear the wrappers crinkle or the bag of chips ripping open. He eats it in the kitchen and comes out in the LR with this kiddie smile on his face. Lately, he let's me go up first and then he goes to town and then comes upstairs.

He can do that. He runs and burns over 1200 calories a day, not counting his weight lifting. He does this 6 days a week faithfully lol
    I would hang with him, but I HATE working out at night, unless it's a sport. He's not exactly the ideal work out buddy, he likes to be in his own little world.

I did go back to ketogenics yesterday and I started to feel much better. I was shocked at how hungry I was at dinner time (but not prior). I actually had 2 turkey burgers w/chirizo and sauce bok choy in ghee. Calories were yikes, but I had to have faith in the keto way. I was sure I was going to pay for it today, but NOPE!
    I knew this is my body type. I think it is obvious now. I think we all have a way our body responds and mine doesn't like all those carbs, even though, I could be a vegetarian in heart beat! I truly know this is the right way for me for life.

Today, I'll be back making my fat bombs, egg salad, chicken salad, and trying to not look at the calories, but the fat/protein/carb ratio. It was painful the last week or 2 watching calories.

ok, rambled enough, but it was more of a therapy session for me. I self diagnose and psycho babble LOL
  • intotennis
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Check in – Day 54 – Friday

Complted P90X3 Yoga, went to the driving range for 40ish mins and then washed and detailed my car.

Nutrition: Will be great! I was pleasantly surprised when I did my “weight” check in, I thought for sure I’d be over due to lack of willpower last week but, I was down ½ pound, I’ll take it!

Day 4 – weekly 21

Kbranch – I believe I read you’re at your goal so it sounds like you have maintaining nailed down, super job! (where is Sweet Tomatoes?)

Kahty – Congrats on the bowling scores, must be that fit body of yours that helped crank up your game!

Sunnyresch – Welcome to the group! Super happy you can join us, it’s so motivating to see how others are doing along with us on our journey! Good luck with your logging, for most of us, it was an eye opener! Good luck and keep pushing forward!

Naomisds – You are killing the workouts! Keep rocking on girlfriend!

Mommabeare – It’s good to psycho babble, we can relate, lol So glad to hear you’re feeling better, that’s awesome!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I will not be checking in this weekend as I’m disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting with my hubby! We are going on a staycation in Sedona. We have lot’s of activities plan so lot's of calories will be burned plus, I'll be cautious with my food choices.

Can someone please crown our “Queen” on Sunday morning? <3<3<3<3<3

Keep rocking it ladies & pushing forward!!!!

• kathyNKCSD
    Options
    day 4, week 21
    Good day and ended it tonight with some fun mixed doubles and then joining the Boomers musician group. Don't worry I didn't perform but enjoyed listening to others along with friend Diane perform. Nice way to wind down at the end of the day (and only had one beer). I've been lacking on my veggies and fruits lately so I have to up my game in that respect.
    intotennis - keeping up on all of your workouts allows you to cheat a little on your food and still do well, you did not go overboard on your portions and choices. We don't have to be perfect every day and we can still succeed. Enjoy your weekend and you'll be all rejuvenated for another week.
    mommabeare - love how supportive your husband is and how he has found a way to satisfy himself without tempting you. Wish I could figure out what diet is the right one for my body like you seem to have, something that keeps me satisfied and healthy at the same time.
    naomi - hope that you are getting a good night's sleep after you put in such great workouts after work.
    sunny - I think you'll find logging your food will get easier and really keep you conscious of what you are eating. It did for me.
  • Naomisds
    Options
    MommaBeare: Love the story about your husband eating in the pantry. Lol! It's nice of him, though, if it helps keep you from being tempted!

Sheri: I'm not sure who is harder on herself - - you or me! Just know you're looking great and your weight loss is definitely showing! Have a great weekend!

Kbranch: Awesome job with all the running plus maintaining your previous weight loss for so long. Keep rocking it!

Kathy: I have good and bad news for you. The good news is that yes, your computer is wrong and I actually posted at 11:18 p.m., not 1:18 a.m. I agree, though, that being up too late is not good and I need to get to bed earlier. The bad news is your computer is still wrong and is apparently residing in another time zone! Other than that, GREAT bowling scores! Wish I was that good!

I did my two-a-day again today. Going to do it again over the weekend but then going to take a one-day break on Monday as my body is insisting on it! Going to miss it for that day since it makes coming in under my calorie goal so easy!

Well, time for bed before it gets too late and keep pushing forward, all!

D 6, W 24.
  • MommaBeare
    Options
    Checking in

Thanks for all the comments. So encouraging!

Ketogenics is definitely my way, Kathy. I am not hungry or crave anymore. You’re strong!

Naomi great 2 a days, you’re a beast!

Bam you are setting a great example of being a consistent runner, great PB run.

Sheri, have a quiet weekend!

Think I will be in bed early..... I call it the Ros Affect!
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    day 3 week 24
    Had some good singles this morning for a couple of hours. Relaxing at the end of the day tonight. I should do my shoulder exercises but I have the feeling it's not going to happen. I'll get them in tomorrow and I'll try to do them twice. Calories were good today but you know the night's not over. Drink more water!!!!
    Hope everyone's weekend is going well and you're staying within your goals.
  • Naomisds
    Options
    MommaBeare - You're not the first one to call me a beast! Lol!

Kim - I took your advice about leafy greens and ate some spinach today AND went and bought some more!

Kathy - Awesome on getting that singles practice and doing well with your calories!

I played some singles and then walked to the post office and grocery store (about 4 miles) to complete my two-a-day. I did really well on calories and now just have to get to bed soon as I am quite tired for some reason. Lol! Notice I am at least posting a couple of hours earlier than usual, so maybe that's a good sign!

D 7, W 28.
  • MommaBeare
    Options
    Check in

Great job on getting that work out in Kathy, tennis always works.

Noami OH YEAH! love getting spinach. I try to get mine in the morning with my eggs. Love spinach sautéed in ghee on my eggs. It's very easy to go through an entire container once it shrinks down! I'm sure your body loves you for it.

I did walking around Arrowhead Mall and outdoors with husband, nothing special, still recovering from a morning with Ros. I did do some leg exercises at home, cleaned some old clothes out of my closet, and I bought a pair of slack in a size I haven't worn since 1999 when Prince was singing 1999 :) It confirmed that even if the scale isn't moving as fast as I want, the body is reacting. :blush:

Sleep well all :)
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Hi ladies: such positive messages. I'm proud of Naomi for adding spinach to her diet. It is a very mild flavor if any really but very good nutrition and worth it. I also took my own advice and started doing my green monster drinks again. Light OJ, banana (not the whole thing) spinach and kale with just a bit of protein power to give it body. Berry season has basically passed. I'll throw in whatever else is blend-able and available.

If you're exercising a ton your body may be in starve mode and not releasing fat. Exercising put a lot of stress on the body. So read up for yourself and manage you as you only know how. Nevertheless, keep moving and eating reasonably for the long term.
  • Naomisds
    Options
    MommaBeare - Congrats on the slacks! Awesome!

Kim - Good job with the green monster drinks! Sounds like they're loaded with great stuff!

I did my two-a-day again today, but will be taking a day off tomorrow as my body is insisting on. Came in under my calorie goal and apparently, all of my efforts are starting to pay off, at least a little bit.

Keep fighting the good fight, all, and "see" you tomorrow!

D 1, W 4.